OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:35 am And buyer's agents...holy shit do they have to do work to get people into houses. The stories we've heard from our realtor and other friends in the industry are :disgust: It can take months and months of showings and :bs: to get someone to find the house they want.

If you're a good people person, it's a great profession. Other than that...it sounds like misery to me.
:dat:

The good ones love what they do. It’s a grind for the rest of them. Managing X number of buyers and sellers, weekend showings, open houses, off-hours etc. I suppose it’s “what you make it” for a lot of agents, but I’m guessing for every easy client, there’s 10 pain in the dicks that waste your time.

It’s a no from me dog and I’m in already in a quasi sales role.
Melon wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:41 pm Don't discuss things you want on here.

This is only a place for 100% facts.
...doesn’t argue cars on a political forum
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Plastic Fantastic + Beep Beep

Tarspin wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:55 pm Griffballz, you check your snail mail lately? Anything from Canada yet?
I did receive it man, thank you! I have been wicked busy this week as we were out of town last weekend through Monday for a little mountain getaway, left early to go to the in-law's in the boonies Tuesday for FIL's birthday, and took yesterday afternoon off to go to Track Night at Carolina Motorsports Park, so I've been pretty consumed with work outside of that other stuff.

I was :impressive: that you were able to secure USD :wap: style :lolol: I will update the spreadsheet and stuff and post in the other thread when I get a moment. I think I'm up to $170 in "donations" now which will pretty much fund things through the end of 2021 I believe.

:like:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4zilch wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:15 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:35 am And buyer's agents...holy shit do they have to do work to get people into houses. The stories we've heard from our realtor and other friends in the industry are :disgust: It can take months and months of showings and :bs: to get someone to find the house they want.

If you're a good people person, it's a great profession. Other than that...it sounds like misery to me.

The good ones love what they do. It’s a grind for the rest of them. Managing X number of buyers and sellers, weekend showings, open houses, off-hours etc. I suppose it’s “what you make it” for a lot of agents, but I’m guessing for every easy client, there’s 10 pain in the dicks that waste your time.

:dat: My buddy/our agent LOVES it. To the point that it is all he talks about and I get bored :lolol: He also owns a C3 'vette and I would rather discuss how much better mine is than his :lolol:

I mostly enjoy being in sales, it's a good career fit for me. But direct to end users is a no from me dog, B2B or :gtfo: Monday-Friday is enough, I will keep my weekends, thanks.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Since I mentioned the mountains getaway:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Gladiatrice

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:25 am Since I mentioned the mountains getaway:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That :doge: man.... :wub:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Detroit

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:10 am

:dat: My buddy/our agent LOVES it. To the point that it is all he talks about and I get bored :lolol: He also owns a C3 'vette and I would rather discuss how much better mine is than his :lolol:

I mostly enjoy being in sales, it's a good career fit for me. But direct to end users is a no from me dog, B2B or :gtfo: Monday-Friday is enough, I will keep my weekends, thanks.
People in the industry who are successful pretty much have to live the industry because it's all they do/have time to do. We had one close friend realtor who got deep into house flipping and the "revenue opportunity" and whatnot that somewhat made us drift apart.

There's no job I could enjoy enough to make it my life. Give me M-F for 8-10 hours a day and that's it. Beyond that is :butwhy: :nope:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 17 Golf R

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:06 am
Tarspin wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:55 pm Griffballz, you check your snail mail lately? Anything from Canada yet?
I did receive it man, thank you! I have been wicked busy this week as we were out of town last weekend through Monday for a little mountain getaway, left early to go to the in-law's in the boonies Tuesday for FIL's birthday, and took yesterday afternoon off to go to Track Night at Carolina Motorsports Park, so I've been pretty consumed with work outside of that other stuff.

I was :impressive: that you were able to secure USD :wap: style :lolol: I will update the spreadsheet and stuff and post in the other thread when I get a moment. I think I'm up to $170 in "donations" now which will pretty much fund things through the end of 2021 I believe.

Yeah man, venmo isn't used here and my PayPal account got frozen for security reasons so I really didn't want to bring it back to life. Looks like we all have a little :wap: inside us every now and again (pun). I wasn't sure if a single stamp is enough to get that thing across the border but alas.

My week is equally rammed, no worries broseph.
Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Nice pics. That scenery is :mindblown:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:04 am

Yeah man, venmo isn't used here and my PayPal account got frozen for security reasons so I really didn't want to bring it back to life. Looks like we all have a little :wap: inside us every now and again (pun). I wasn't sure if a single stamp is enough to get that thing across the border but alas.

I was kind of surprised. How did you get your hands on the worthless USD?
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Toyota Ninja Turtle

Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:03 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:10 am

People in the industry who are successful pretty much have to live the industry because it's all they do/have time to do. We had one close friend realtor who got deep into house flipping and the "revenue opportunity" and whatnot that somewhat made us drift apart.

There's no job I could enjoy enough to make it my life. Give me M-F for 8-10 hours a day and that's it. Beyond that is :butwhy: :nope:
Even if I finally make it to pro musician status and can get paid to do something that I actually enjoy, I still can't see having it be my whole life. I'm still going to want to do car and bike shit, play video games, and spend time doing absolutely nothing. Being able to relax and do nothing without feeling massive guilt and anxiety that I need to be working on something is amazing and I think I've done it all of... twice in my adult life.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
wap

:jimp: :hubba: :hubba:
wap

Great pics, Griff! :megusta:
Zillon
Drives: Terrorist Taco / Jizz Rocket

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:48 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:42 pm

Yeah there is a lot of mention of appliances... It's funny, our realtor is a friend of mine but sometimes I got the vibe that he just gets kick backs from all of these stupid services. I hate the housing game, I feel like realtors are full of :bs: and find it :mindblown: how much they clear per transaction when the attorneys really do all of the heavy lifting.
Depends on the state, actually. In MI, there's no requirement to use real estate lawyers, so realtors do pretty much everything. Ours is going to clear :fullretard: money, but she really did work her ass off. Our house did not sell easily and she worked for it.
Oh, dang, your house sold?
Zildor the Liberal Cuck
Garage: 2013 Terrorist 🌮 | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Bender wrote:Lulz you don't respect science. You respect fake science that validates your pre-existing opinions.
Zillon

Yeah, I couldn't do the realtor thing. At least at a dealership, people have to come to you. For now.

I just am so :disgust: by sales in general right now.
Zildor the Liberal Cuck
Bender wrote:Lulz you don't respect science. You respect fake science that validates your pre-existing opinions.
Detroit

troyguitar wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:04 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:03 am

Even if I finally make it to pro musician status and can get paid to do something that I actually enjoy, I still can't see having it be my whole life. I'm still going to want to do car and bike shit, play video games, and spend time doing absolutely nothing. Being able to relax and do nothing without feeling massive guilt and anxiety that I need to be working on something is amazing and I think I've done it all of... twice in my adult life.
There's nothing I'm passionate enough about in life to let it consume me. Working in an office does, and that's why WFH has been such a godsend to me. This morning for example, no meetings so wife and I enjoyed coffee outside watching the sunrise, then took the dog for a walk and relaxed. Boss called and asked for some stuff, so I'm cranking it out now before we go downtown for a quick lunch so I can get back by 2 for a meeting. The balance is fantastic, and I'm still getting all my required work done. I really want this to be the norm.
Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:10 am

I was kind of surprised. How did you get your hands on the worthless USD?
My parents are going to stay in FL for a while because they own a second home there and need to do upkeep, for her birthday I gave her USD along with a gift bag that is travel based, some of our ATMs at the bank I use dispense USD upon request and do the conversion so it's easy-peasy.

I sent it well after you mentioned a $6 credit so I'm dropping towards 2021 fees. Thanks again Dan!
Detroit

Zillon wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:30 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:48 pm
Depends on the state, actually. In MI, there's no requirement to use real estate lawyers, so realtors do pretty much everything. Ours is going to clear :fullretard: money, but she really did work her ass off. Our house did not sell easily and she worked for it.
Oh, dang, your house sold?
So far. It did not sell easy, the market for $500k+ homes fell off a cliff in the Detroit area right when we listed it seems. Whatever.

We had to accept an offer contingent on the sale of the buyer's current house, which is a small/cheap house in a highly desirable part of town, so I'm not too concerned about that. The inspection came and went and we heard nothing, but they want a sewer scope done, which is happening tomorrow...so inspection must have gone OK if they want to blow another $500 to have the sewer looked at. Waste of money because the city offers a sewer line warranty for $7/mo and covers anything unlimited with no deductible. I've had the sewer line maintained with that warranty since we moved in, so I'm confident it'll be fine...but people are morans so you never know.

:rolleyes: This has been anything but easy, but there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Detroit

Zillon wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 am

Yeah, I couldn't do the realtor thing. At least at a dealership, people have to come to you. For now.

Sales in general right now must be pretty rough. Buyers of anything are picky, sellers think everything they have is gold, no thanks.
Zillon

Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:43 am
Zillon wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 am

Sales in general right now must be pretty rough. Buyers of anything are picky, sellers think everything they have is gold, no thanks.
Well, when prices are through the roof on everything, I'd be picky too.

I've looked at so many trucks during this ordeal and it's insane what sellers and dealers are asking for vehicles.

Same with houses.
Zildor the Liberal Cuck
troyguitar
Drives: Toyota Ninja Turtle

Zillon wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:47 am

I've looked at so many trucks during this ordeal and it's insane what sellers and dealers are asking for vehicles.

Same with houses.

I'm not paying a stupid price for something unless it's absolute perfection.
Johnny_P
Drives: Burble

Zillon wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:47 am

Same with houses.
It's relaxing now. My Zoom/Carvana offers went down over $1k each.

Side note, does the door repaint count as an "accident" or not?
wap

Anybody hear from Pecs lately?
Johnny_P
Drives: Burble

Nice pics Dan, looks like it was a good trip.
Detroit

wap wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:01 pm Anybody hear from Pecs lately?
:ohdang: No...I'll shoot him a text.