Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, Tar!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: Aaarrr

wap wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:13 am Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, Tar!
Thanks Wap!! We spent time with my parents/brother+GF on Saturday and more time Nicole's parents yesterday. Today was catch up day at work so I hit it at 330am and got home around 930am with my portion of a bigger project done hours before it is due, so everyone working on it after me is pleasantly surprised that they will get started earlier and hopefully also go home quicker then expected.

Green tea, left over blueberry pie with vanilla icecream being enjoyed while working on a 500 piece puzzle that my wife, oldest kiddo and I are doing together. Light acid jazz on the boob tube and possibly a nice scotch and nap soon. It's been a fantastic weekend!
wap

Tarspin wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:46 am
wap wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:13 am Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, Tar!
Thanks Wap!! We spent time with my parents/brother+GF on Saturday and more time Nicole's parents yesterday. Today was catch up day at work so I hit it at 330am and got home around 930am with my portion of a bigger project done hours before it is due, so everyone working on it after me is pleasantly surprised that they will get started earlier and hopefully also go home quicker then expected.

Green tea, left over blueberry pie with vanilla icecream being enjoyed while working on a 500 piece puzzle that my wife, oldest kiddo and I are doing together. Light acid jazz on the boob tube and possibly a nice scotch and nap soon. It's been a fantastic weekend!
:notbad:

Legit question from a :derp: Murican:
What exactly does Canadian T-Giving commemorate?
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:38 am Image
This was mildly terrifying ... but it the fire folks got it under control in 30 min

Wtf is wrong with this Upload ... sideways
I love you max but I’m still gonna bang the you shouldn’t have bought a house drum
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225
Drives: JCW Clowncar

razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:07 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:38 am Image
This was mildly terrifying ... but it the fire folks got it under control in 30 min

Wtf is wrong with this Upload ... sideways
I love you max but I’m still gonna bang the you shouldn’t have bought a house drum
Yea should have lived under a bridge instead
SAWCE
Drives: Willys Wheeler

wap wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:37 pm

Celebrating socialized medicine and laughing at :derp: Muricans doe not being able to figure it out.
:sawce:
Detroit
Drives: Gladiatrice

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:54 pm

Celebrating socialized medicine and laughing at :derp: Muricans doe not being able to figure it out.
Sounds like fun!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Thanks for asking, the very first Thanksgiving celebration apparently took place in 1578 in Canada when a Martin Frobisher, an explorer from England in search of the Northwest Passage wanted to give thanks for his safe arrival to the New World.

We currently give thanks for the many blessings that life brings us and to spend time with loved ones. I'm personally thankful for the health and wellness of my wife, kiddos and parents as well as the safe and prosperous lifestyle that my family and I enjoy thanks to the personal sacrifice of my parents.
Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:dat: too

:sad:

Truth be told I wonder how long we will have it for, less services are covered now then ever before and we keep racking up the debt, so :iono:
wap

Can't say as I blame them.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:30 pm

Thanks for asking, the very first Thanksgiving celebration apparently took place in 1578 in Canada when a Martin Frobisher, an explorer from England in search of the Northwest Passage wanted to give thanks for his safe arrival to the New World.

We currently give thanks for the many blessings that life brings us and to spend time with loved ones. I'm personally thankful for the health and wellness of my wife, kiddos and parents as well as the safe and prosperous lifestyle that my family and I enjoy thanks to the personal sacrifice of my parents.
:mahman:
So, different origin, but very similar sentiment to ours. :notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Plastic Fantastic + Beep Beep

wap wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:53 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:30 pm

:iono: I missed the part in the Canadian one where they mass murder :nuke: all the native peoples.
troyguitar
Drives: Toyota Ninja Turtle

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:42 pm
wap wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:53 pm

:iono: I missed the part in the Canadian one where they mass murder :nuke: all the native peoples.
Treatment of native Americans is the one area in which Canada is really no better than the US, both historically and today.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:54 pm

Treatment of native Americans is the one area in which Canada is really no better than the US, both historically and today.
I figured as much, I am not too familiar with the Canadian history.
Detroit

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:51 pm

Maple syrup, weird bacon, hockey?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:03 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:51 pm

I mean, I love our bacon, but ham is also good and better for :massles:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

We got this home warranty with our :haus: purchase that I figured was :bs: ... well, I just called them because our bathroom ceiling is all peeling around the vent fan and it looks like they are going to send someone out to fix it 100% on their dime. I figured they'd tell me to pound sand but thought it would be remiss not to at least see.

I am going to try to find a bunch of other shit :wrong: with the :haus: now over the next month before it expires :lolol: .
wap

:dat:
Detroit

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:14 pm We got this home warranty with our :haus: purchase that I figured was :bs: ... well, I just called them because our bathroom ceiling is all peeling around the vent fan and it looks like they are going to send someone out to fix it 100% on their dime. I figured they'd tell me to pound sand but thought it would be remiss not to at least see.

I am going to try to find a bunch of other shit :wrong: with the :haus: now over the next month before it expires :lolol: .
:ohdang:

Curious how this goes. I've always wondered about these and the buyers of our downstate house have elected for one that their realtor is paying for. I :butwhy: but if they actually fix stuff like this no hassle, then :notbad: at all.
Detroit

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:03 pm
I mean, I love our bacon, but ham is also good and better for :massles:
Just call it ham, it's not bacon IMO.

I do enjoy ham :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:25 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:14 pm We got this home warranty with our :haus: purchase that I figured was :bs: ... well, I just called them because our bathroom ceiling is all peeling around the vent fan and it looks like they are going to send someone out to fix it 100% on their dime. I figured they'd tell me to pound sand but thought it would be remiss not to at least see.

Curious how this goes. I've always wondered about these and the buyers of our downstate house have elected for one that their realtor is paying for. I :butwhy: but if they actually fix stuff like this no hassle, then :notbad: at all.
They called me back and told me to pound sand :lolol: So after committing to fixing it, they were like "we looked closer at your policy and drywall is only covered if it's damaged by one of our contractors"

:wtf:

Our realtor pretty much insisted this was necessary, the seller "paid for it" so whatever. I always assumed such things were :bs: and it looks like we were both right.

Our fence has also started falling over, so I think I will try to get them to repair that. We have about two months on it, need to try to find something to at least justify the $500. Regardless of the seller paying for it, we ultimately paid for the house and that was wrapped up in the overall cost :disgust:
Detroit

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:31 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:25 pm

They called me back and told me to pound sand :lolol: So after committing to fixing it, they were like "we looked closer at your policy and drywall is only covered if it's damaged by one of our contractors"

Our realtor pretty much insisted this was necessary, the seller "paid for it" so whatever. I always assumed such things were :bs: and it looks like we were both right.

Our fence has also started falling over, so I think I will try to get them to repair that. We have about two months on it, need to try to find something to at least justify the $500. Regardless of the seller paying for it, we ultimately paid for the house and that was wrapped up in the overall cost :disgust:
Yea...you paid for it somehow for sure. The buyer's agent on our house must really want to get her clients into our house since she's paying for it herself...whatever get the deal done.

But yep, I suspected they were :bs: I could never figure out exactly what they covered, as it seems like it's limited to appliances and mechanicals maybe?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:38 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:31 pm

Yea...you paid for it somehow for sure. The buyer's agent on our house must really want to get her clients into our house since she's paying for it herself...whatever get the deal done.

But yep, I suspected they were :bs: I could never figure out exactly what they covered, as it seems like it's limited to appliances and mechanicals maybe?
Yeah there is a lot of mention of appliances... It's funny, our realtor is a friend of mine but sometimes I got the vibe that he just gets kick backs from all of these stupid services. I hate the housing game, I feel like realtors are full of :bs: and find it :mindblown: how much they clear per transaction when the attorneys really do all of the heavy lifting.
Detroit

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:42 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:38 pm

Yeah there is a lot of mention of appliances... It's funny, our realtor is a friend of mine but sometimes I got the vibe that he just gets kick backs from all of these stupid services. I hate the housing game, I feel like realtors are full of :bs: and find it :mindblown: how much they clear per transaction when the attorneys really do all of the heavy lifting.
Depends on the state, actually. In MI, there's no requirement to use real estate lawyers, so realtors do pretty much everything. Ours is going to clear :fullretard: money, but she really did work her ass off. Our house did not sell easily and she worked for it.
troyguitar
Drives: Toyota Ninja Turtle

The damn charging port on my phone has been slowly failing, so I finally decided to go full :rudy: and buy a new one. $33/mo for 2 years for a bloody phone. :wasteful:

I'm going back to Samsung since my old S4 still works besides being slow. S20+ is on sale at Verizon for "only" $800 instead of $1200. Hopefully this thing will last longer than the LG that only went 3 years. :whocares: