OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:57 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:54 pm

When I disappear for months at a time it is always for this reason.
And you and others will do exactly that once someone takes over who doesn’t agree with your opinions
I run this place and have already done that.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Simple. Make DFD a co-op. I vote every member here pay what they can to contribute to monthly operating expenses for the site. Take the domain’s worth/value out of it because that’s simply what it is due to our own activity and traffic.

Datforumdoe was not $400 when it was purchased. If you become a member then you have to be voted out by a council (not just admins). If you use DFD for free then no bitching.

Let’s make it happen. I’m sure we can all pitch in 1/20th of the year’s costs to host the domain.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:14 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:01 pm

To be honest, I'll probably be around more if I didn't feel the pressure of literally paying for each post I have a moral issue with.

You guys have a VERY different relationship with this place than I do, simply because of the financial piece.
Yeah this is quite interesting. Until today I figured it was paid for by :jesus: of Nazareth and the Virgin Mary.
Mostly Mary, :jesus: is always asking for money.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Calvinball wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:11 pm
4zilch wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:51 pm FWIW, :melon: eluded to it earlier, the issue isn't really debate, it's how we debate, and we're all probably guilty of it at one time or another.

Debating theory with different data sources (assuming they aren't made up) or different interpretations of the the same data can be productive.
"Debating" with memes, meh
"Debating" someone's real data by calling them a fucking idiot :gtfo:
"Debating" someones fake data by calling them a fucking idiot :ohwell:

I'd also argue that the majority of people that have left, or become less active over the years have less to do with Covid/global warming/political debates and more to do with the general doom and gloom, and :wrong: this forum has always had.
Don’t label me. I’m just busy.
You're a 'borg, come at me bro
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:18 pm Simple. Make DFD a co-op. I vote every member here pay what they can to contribute to monthly operating expenses for the site. Take the domain’s worth/value out of it because that’s simply what it is due to our own activity and traffic.

I actually do this on another forum, it works well.

I don't even think there's any admin/moderators

But it's also not full of assholes
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

4zilch wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:19 pm
Calvinball wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:11 pm

Don’t label me. I’m just busy.
Just because I’m a borg doesn’t mean I can alter the flow of time.
:therapist:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:19 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:14 pm

Yeah this is quite interesting. Until today I figured it was paid for by :jesus: of Nazareth and the Virgin Mary.
It's interesting, I'm just wrapping my arms around this now. Already feeling far more :aintcare: about it.
I think if I was paying $30/month to see the 272nd post about a Taco Bell Value Box, I might be more WTF. I'm happy to pay dues or whatever.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Calvinball wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:22 pm
4zilch wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:19 pm

I've got a meme that proves otherwise
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I think an uncensored membership system that spread the cost out would be great. Count me in. I've never liked the idea of a single person bearing the brunt of the cost of this place. More because it's a burden than anything else.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I’m in for helping to pay the DFD cost.
SAWCE

Rather than a monthly subscription though, I think we tally up the costs for a year, 12*15=180, and we pay annually. I think there are enough of us here willing to go this route that I’ll kick in $10-15 for the year to keep it running.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:43 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:39 pm I think an uncensored membership system that spread the cost out would be great. Count me in. I've never liked the idea of a single person bearing the brunt of the cost of this place. More because it's a burden than anything else.
Financially is NFG however I am one that thinks that voting with dollars is a real thing. If we allow unfettered free speech as is desired, that's $15 of mine going to support ideas I largely disagree with instead of $15 going to the Biden campaign (or other groups I support).
I’m donating $30 to Trump now, just out of spite.
:lol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:53 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:50 pm

I gotta say that this resonates with me too. How are we at a finite supremacy of scientific knowledge and must all fully agree with scientific theories as they stand today? Half the shit we believed in the 50s, 60s, 70s 80s, 90s and so on has changed as we learn more as a society.

I really don't care what everyone believes is right and wrong, but it is interesting to hear about different perspectives. If something is way out to lunch people will comment or challenge those beliefs and that to me sounds like a healthy exchange, but to force only those "scientific" beliefs of the admins has a name and it isn't a good look guys.

I'm saying this with the utmost respect and agreement with the majority of admins and their views, so please take it with a grain of :salt: , just purely expressing it to better offer a diplomatic viewpoint.
It's the best we got. It's going to change for sure but the only way to have a conversation is with an agreed upon baseline.

If my baseline is the sky is red and yours is that the sky is green, we can't ever have a debate.
Either my baseline or your baseline will change with education or debate. But without debate we may both never come to the understanding that the sky is actually blue. To say that the sky is red and ban anyone who says it is green doesn't give us the opportunity to discover that it is actually.... blue! Or red haha.

And this beautiful analogy is kind of where we reside with things like the source of climate change. Does the climate naturally go through cycles and end with the ice age again or are we interrupting it. Science has fingers pointing to both theories, like real science.... with data. So I feel like it IS debatable to think about all of the theories and work to disprove the false ones and solidify the true ones.

If I say that core sampling shows high concentrations of carbon in the layers of soil that date back to before dinosaurs inhabited the land and back it up with an article or whatever does that mean that I don't deserve to participate on the forum?

I know what you're thinking, fuck this asshole, he is missing the whole point and adding taxation to current polluters protects the broader wildlife from human harm so carbon deposits from 20,000 years ago don't matter. And generally you are correct, but without the understanding of natural cycles of our earth we really can't model an accurate portrayal of things to come.

What gets lost if I chose to avoid posting this information is my ability to learn from other smart people in the group about their discoveries on the same subject. That kind of sucks in my opinion.

One more thought, I'm on a condo board for the beach house and it teaches me that people have a very wide perspective on similar subjects, it is hard work to keep everyone happy and full of bullshit and problems. Putting ourselves into a place of leadership kind of sucks sometimes. I realise that you, Melon & [user not found] probably have a similar struggle, so thanks for the effort!
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:06 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:06 pm

I’m donating $30 to Trump now, just out of spite.
:lol:
Now that's democracy!
:fuckyeah:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:26 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:09 pm

Either my baseline or your baseline will change with education or debate. But without debate we may both never come to the understanding that the sky is actually blue. To say that the sky is red and ban anyone who says it is green doesn't give us the opportunity to discover that it is actually.... blue! Or red haha.

And this beautiful analogy is kind of where we reside with things like the source of climate change. Does the climate naturally go through cycles and end with the ice age again or are we interrupting it. Science has fingers pointing to both theories, like real science.... with data. So I feel like it IS debatable to think about all of the theories and work to disprove the false ones and solidify the true ones.

If I say that core sampling shows high concentrations of carbon in the layers of soil that date back to before dinosaurs inhabited the land and back it up with an article or whatever does that mean that I don't deserve to participate on the forum?

I know what you're thinking, fuck this asshole, he is missing the whole point and adding taxation to current polluters protects the broader wildlife from human harm so carbon deposits from 20,000 years ago don't matter. And generally you are correct, but without the understanding of natural cycles of our earth we really can't model an accurate portrayal of things to come.

What gets lost if I chose to avoid posting this information is my ability to learn from other smart people in the group about their discoveries on the same subject. That kind of sucks in my opinion.

One more thought, I'm on a condo board for the beach house and it teaches me that people have a very wide perspective on similar subjects, it is hard work to keep everyone happy and full of bullshit and problems. Putting ourselves into a place of leadership kind of sucks sometimes. I realise that you, Melon & [user not found] probably have a similar struggle, so thanks for the effort!
Where I disagree is that we aren't climate scientists. A better analogy would be if you say the sky is green and I say it's red but we are both blind. :lol:

To be clear Mario, I never had an issue disagreeing with you.
Yeah that's kind of the problem, we aren't experts so not qualified to judge who's got better scientific facts, which sometimes are presented in ways that benefit political parties or direct public funds for selfish reasons (politics, what else is new) which is my own personal opinion and the reason why I like to vocalize alternate concepts respectfully and at least semi-intelligently as does everyone debating today.

I think we have always maintained a solid mutual respect for each other, as does 99% of forum through various dialog. That's a pretty great success rate! I try to be mindful of everyone's opinions personally, and I don't harp on the disagreements. I do think the disagreements ultimately bring new knowledge to the forum making us communally smarter which I find valuable personally.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

4zilch wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:29 pm
Calvinball wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:22 pm

Prove it.
:therapist:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Calvinball wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:07 pm
4zilch wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:29 pm

Prove it.
It hasn’t been peer reviewed..
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Screaming so hard he turned himself purple. For no discernible reason. I blew on his face and he shut up and that was it, just stopped. Then started yawning and went to sleep.

This infant shit is ridiculous.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4zilch wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:31 pm
Calvinball wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:07 pm

Prove it.
It hasn’t been peer reviewed..

:iswydt:
SAWCE

Got an ad for Wendy’s new made to crave burgers yesterday. Missed a meal at work so stopped by there on my way home from the gym since they looked tasty. Was okay, though to be fair I ate it about an hour after I ordered it since I needed my brotein first and then some time for that to start digesting. Went for the pretzel bacon pub burger. Chicken version looked good too. May try that at some point, but they’re pricey for what you get. Combo with small fries was like $9
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:02 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:34 pm Screaming so hard he turned himself purple. For no discernible reason. I blew on his face and he shut up and that was it, just stopped. Then started yawning and went to sleep.

This infant shit is ridiculous.
Oof man. That fucking sucks.

Their brains are tiny, thankfully, so you can occasionally just confuse or distract them into being quiet as you did. How's the tongue.
Looking good. Working better. Not translating into eating better. He went 5 hr between feed last night for reasons we don’t understand. Earlier this week he was 7-8 hr. Who knows.

I still don’t love him and don’t even like him most of the time.
Johnny_P

Well just got caught up here.

Waxer shouldn’t have been sent to Сибирь for posting boomer memes. Fax shouldn’t have been bullied like he was. And shaming people for some actions / shutting it down, only to turn around and carry those actions out yourself later on is bullshit too. Deal with it. Don’t like it you can mute people. I have half the active members on the forum muted and have for years. With the change in moderation I might add to the list. The place was created out of frustration at iron fist moderating, and look where we are now.

Bendy thanks for paying for this dumpster fire for the last few years. Nobody asked you to, and we all appreciate that you did.

I’m gonna be a little less present here I think. My life is too negative as is and I don’t need to add to that. I don’t really even know why I come around here anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:50 pm One wearing one of those hanes long sleeve performance shirts we talked about earlier. Forgot how nasty they smell when you sweat in them.
Dude...what is it about that material that makes it smell so bad when you sweat? I've noticed that with any brand producing synthetic material. No bueno.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:57 pm Well just got caught up here.

Waxer shouldn’t have been sent to Сибирь for posting boomer memes. Fax shouldn’t have been bullied like he was. And shaming people for some actions / shutting it down, only to turn around and carry those actions out yourself later on is bullshit too. Deal with it. Don’t like it you can mute people. I have half the active members on the forum muted and have for years. With the change in moderation I might add to the list. The place was created out of frustration at iron fist moderating, and look where we are now.

Bendy thanks for paying for this dumpster fire for the last few years. Nobody asked you to, and we all appreciate that you did.

I’m gonna be a little less present here I think. My life is too negative as is and I don’t need to add to that. I don’t really even know why I come around here anymore.
I really wish we'd pound less on negativity and more on what makes life great. We should work on that, and I'll start.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I need a beer.