OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:58 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:45 pm One more call at 4:30 to go then it’s time for the weekend!

Tomorrow we have a consult for some ink and then I finally get a new pewpew class in. :fuckyeah:
Like tattoos? What are you getting?
Yeah, tattoos.
Sue wants to add to her 100 Acre Woods leg piece and I’ve been thinking about getting a monkey on my back, since we always call our daughter monkey. :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Since we were talking wine and whiskey, I am finishing up my workday with some barrel aged red :notbad: :drunk:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:01 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:58 pm

Like tattoos? What are you getting?
Yeah, tattoos.
Sue wants to add to her 100 Acre Woods leg piece and I’ve been thinking about getting a monkey on my back, since we always call our daughter monkey. :lol:
:nice: in4pics

I love tattoos as art, some of my colleagues have some dope ones. I've never been able to commit to anything for myself :doe:
Apex

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:09 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:01 pm

Yeah, tattoos.
:nice: in4pics

I love tattoos as art, some of my colleagues have some dope ones. I've never been able to commit to anything for myself :doe:
:word: nothing has jumped out at me as something I could commit to, until the little one showed up. Then it hit me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:22 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:08 pm Since we were talking wine and whiskey, I am finishing up my workday with some barrel aged red :notbad: :drunk:
Oh dang. Very curious to hear more about this.
It's a $10 bottle at Trader Joe's/Aldi. Like :mahtroy: , that is on the higher range of what I normally purchase, but I like it a lot.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:22 pm And Griff you got me thinking about Maker's now for tonight.
:mahman:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I miss trader joe's.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:22 pm And Griff you got me thinking about Maker's now for tonight.
I've got a bit of 46 left in the treehouse that won't see tomorrow.

:excited:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Also agreed on Blanton's. Why is a $60 bottle of bourbon so hard to come by? E. H. Taylor isn't incredibly expensive and also impossible to come by. I don't understand that business decision.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:05 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:51 pm
I've got a bit of 46 left in the treehouse that won't see tomorrow.

:excited:
Exactly what I'm drinking :dock:
:ohdang: :megusta:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:53 pm Also agreed on Blanton's. Why is a $60 bottle of bourbon so hard to come by? E. H. Taylor isn't incredibly expensive and also impossible to come by. I don't understand that business decision.
Conspiracy Theory Time:
The ONLY distillery that had issues in that segment is Buffalo Trace. Everyone else is fine with it. Buffalo Trace claims "no one expected the increase in demand over the past ten years!" If that's the case why are Beam, Turkey, Heaven Hill, AND BF able to expand their lines in depth, breadth, and quality?

Here's the conspiracy part: Trace is intentionally limiting availability to increase prices on the secondary market. When their new production comes online next year they are going to raise prices and "magically" have more inventory even though it's 3 to 10 years before that new production would have any impact on their inventory. By raising prices and increasing inventory, everyone will be happy because "well Blanton's might be $75 now instead of $60 but at least I can get it and it's not $90 on the secondary!"
:notwrong:

That's probably the most logical explanation incredibly. I've never bought the "unanticipated demand" story.
ChrisoftheNorth

oh, and on the topic of BT... Wheatley Vodka is my favorite vodka at the price. Highly recommend if anyone is looking for vodka.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:22 pm oh, and on the topic of BT... Wheatley Vodka is my favorite vodka at the price. Highly recommend if anyone is looking for vodka.
Hmm, never heard of it. Will look for it. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:53 pm Also agreed on Blanton's. Why is a $60 bottle of bourbon so hard to come by? E. H. Taylor isn't incredibly expensive and also impossible to come by. I don't understand that business decision.
Conspiracy Theory Time:
The ONLY distillery that had issues in that segment is Buffalo Trace. Everyone else is fine with it. Buffalo Trace claims "no one expected the increase in demand over the past ten years!" If that's the case why are Beam, Turkey, Heaven Hill, AND BF able to expand their lines in depth, breadth, and quality?

Here's the conspiracy part: Trace is intentionally limiting availability to increase prices on the secondary market. When their new production comes online next year they are going to raise prices and "magically" have more inventory even though it's 3 to 10 years before that new production would have any impact on their inventory. By raising prices and increasing inventory, everyone will be happy because "well Blanton's might be $75 now instead of $60 but at least I can get it and it's not $90 on the secondary!"
So, the story goes that they couldn't produce more Blanton's because it's..... special..

All Blanton's is aged in the only metal building that was built just after prohibition. They claim they can't get the same profile from another building on site.... BUT... I have heard they are currently constructing more buildings like the original... so in 6-8 years we should see a lot more available, just in time for the hipster trend to switch over from bourbon and whiskey to sloe gin and liqueurs. WHICH IS FINE BY ME. :)
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

In 20 minutes I'm going to crack open a new bottle of Blanton's and give it a quality test.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Got cleared to ride a bike again today! Bone is just about healed and the hardware provides support while it matures.

However... Looks like I’m heading back under the knife at some point later this year...

The heterotopic ossification issues I’ve been having have basically created a wall/stop that stops me from moving my palm face down more than 20 degrees. I’ve developed severe tendinitis from overcompensating with my wrist to try and force things through the wall.
In addition, the plate is limiting range of motion against a block of scar tissue and my triceps tendon when I try and extend my arm outwards. I’m just about maxed out at 30 degrees extension and 120 flexion. I’m about to hit the wall of no more progress in my PT, where I’ll be just on the wrong side of a medically functional range of motion. Not one that will let me ride a bike or reach for the top shelf or scratch the back of my head.

The treatment plan was to remove the hardware after 12 months to help limit long term arthritis and range of motion concerns. The hardware should be in for at least 6 months for the right amount of support for the joint as it matures.
The plan now is to keep going with PT for the next six weeks while the bone continues to mature... If I don’t hit certain targets by then, we will look to go in, pull the hardware, pull the scar tissue, grind/remove the excess bone growth, and perform a “surgical release” of the capsule in the elbow to free up motion, stitch me up and get me into a PT program ASAP and get out ahead of the healing issues.

Part of what caused this is the amount of damage and total instability of the joint which required 3 weeks of immobilization in a cast and a total of 4 weeks before my first PT session. After this next surgery, I don’t have the immobilization to worry about and can get into a PT program quickly to keep the joint moving and stop the likely bone growth issues from becoming the issue the did after the first one.

So if this is the way it goes, I need to do it the last week of December, otherwise I pay my out of pocket maximum again by the end of January.

Merry Christmas!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:34 pm Got cleared to ride a bike again today! Bone is just about healed and the hardware provides support while it matures.

However... Looks like I’m heading back under the knife at some point later this year...

The heterotopic ossification issues I’ve been having have basically created a wall/stop that stops me from moving my palm face down more than 20 degrees. I’ve developed severe tendinitis from overcompensating with my wrist to try and force things through the wall.
In addition, the plate is limiting range of motion against a block of scar tissue and my triceps tendon when I try and extend my arm outwards. I’m just about maxed out at 30 degrees extension and 120 flexion. I’m about to hit the wall of no more progress in my PT, where I’ll be just on the wrong side of a medically functional range of motion. Not one that will let me ride a bike or reach for the top shelf or scratch the back of my head.

The treatment plan was to remove the hardware after 12 months to help limit long term arthritis and range of motion concerns. The hardware should be in for at least 6 months for the right amount of support for the joint as it matures.
The plan now is to keep going with PT for the next six weeks while the bone continues to mature... If I don’t hit certain targets by then, we will look to go in, pull the hardware, pull the scar tissue, grind/remove the excess bone growth, and perform a “surgical release” of the capsule in the elbow to free up motion, stitch me up and get me into a PT program ASAP and get out ahead of the healing issues.

Part of what caused this is the amount of damage and total instability of the joint which required 3 weeks of immobilization in a cast and a total of 4 weeks before my first PT session. After this next surgery, I don’t have the immobilization to worry about and can get into a PT program quickly to keep the joint moving and stop the likely bone growth issues from becoming the issue the did after the first one.

So if this is the way it goes, I need to do it the last week of December, otherwise I pay my out of pocket maximum again by the end of January.

Merry Christmas!
Glad to hear you're making progress... and tell me about trying to push things into the same year, that OOP maximum is a pain in the butt. I tried hard to get my nuclear stress test done last december, but they pushed me out until the first week of January... that was an additional $3k out of pocket. :(

Even though you're cleared to ride the bike, please take it very easy to start. We don't need any more accidents.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I won’t be doing anything other than canal path/bike paths for several months. I’ll be riding plenty of easy shit in full elbow pads.

I can’t really get fully in the right position to ride off road yet anyway.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:07 pm I won’t be doing anything other than canal path/bike paths for several months. I’ll be riding plenty of easy shit in full elbow pads.

I can’t really get fully in the right position to ride off road yet anyway.
So you’ll be as slow as me! :lol:
wap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:46 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:34 pm Got cleared to ride a bike again today! Bone is just about healed and the hardware provides support while it matures.

Merry Christmas!
Glad to hear you're making progress... and tell me about trying to push things into the same year, that OOP maximum is a pain in the butt. I tried hard to get my nuclear stress test done last december, but they pushed me out until the first week of January... that was an additional $3k out of pocket. :(

Even though you're cleared to ride the bike, please take it very easy to start. We don't need any more accidents.
:dat:
Good luck to you with your continued recovery and probable next surgery.
A year from now you're gonna be totally :muah: !
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Merry Christmas!
Ugh that sucks man. I remember bone growth / joint solidification being a major concern with my jaw. As such they only kept me wired shut for 2 weeks or so. Hope they get it to heal correctly. Worry about bikes later.
Johnny_P

Sometimes I really hate this kid.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:57 pm Sometimes I really hate this kid.
:(
But other times...?
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:58 pm
:sad:

Eating any better?
Parenting a newborn is shit.

No he’s eating worse. We got his tongue tie clipped yesterday and today has been an uncoordinated mess of screaming at the breast and not being able to swallow on the bottle. So he’s eaten maybe half of what he normally does. So tonight is going to be a disaster.

I fucking hate this.

Hungry = screaming
Can’t swallow = screaming
Have to burp = screaming
Didn’t eat enough = screaming
Want to look at something else = screaming
Tired = screaming
Can’t fall asleep = screaming
Car seat = screaming
Stroller = screaming

At least the tongue stretches have a predictable outcome. We have to stretch his incision site by hand so it doesn’t scar over and undo the procedure. That results in screaming too.
Last edited by Johnny_P on Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:59 pm
:(
But other times...?
Other times I tolerate him
There are maybe a cumulative total of 20 mins each day he’s pleasant.