OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:33 pm My favorite cheap bourbon that's available pretty much everywhere is Buffalo Trace.
Have had, it is good, but not exactly cheap IIRC. I suppose it is all relative. There is one made here in NC that I really like as well and isn't terribly pricey - https://www.southerngracedistilleries.com/conviction
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:48 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:33 pm My favorite cheap bourbon that's available pretty much everywhere is Buffalo Trace.
Have had, it is good, but not exactly cheap IIRC. I suppose it is all relative. There is one made here in NC that I really like as well and isn't terribly pricey - https://www.southerngracedistilleries.com/conviction
How cheap are we talking? I can buy a 750ml bottle for ~$25 here. I personally don't want to drink anything much cheaper than that, so I'd rather drink wine or something.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:51 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:48 pm

How cheap are we talking? I can buy a 750ml bottle for ~$25 here. I personally don't want to drink anything much cheaper than that, so I'd rather drink wine or something.
Yeah, that was :mahtroy: point, which I agree with. If I'm looking to :scrooge: , whiskey isn't really the route I'd take, wine or beer are better. Personally though, I don't really care, I would pay up to like $50/liter for whiskey and be fine with it. My consumption rate is pretty low :doe: .
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:51 pm
Yeah, that was :mahtroy: point, which I agree with. If I'm looking to :scrooge: , whiskey isn't really the route I'd take, wine or beer are better. Personally though, I don't really care, I would pay up to like $50/liter for whiskey and be fine with it. My consumption rate is pretty low :doe: .
Yea, my consumption rate of whiskey is low too because I don't buy "cheap" stuff. I'd rather enjoy good stuff occasionally than crappy stuff all the time.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:14 pm
I'm jelly of people in BT's Central and Western distribution regions. We can't get it on the East Coast anymore.
Woa, really? I wonder why? It's all over here and my go-to for camping and whatnot.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:39 am
troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:35 am

:notsure:

3L of wine or 750mL whiskey cost about the same and there's a little more alcohol in the wine. Depends on what you buy and your local prices :doe:

Things I occasionally buy here:

Jim Beam Rye $28 for 750mL @ 45% alcohol = 338 mL alcohol = $.08/mL

Bota Box Redvolution $21 for 3000mL @ 13.5% alcohol = 405 mL alcohol = $.05/mL

The whiskey is 60% more expensive per volume of alcohol.
Shit that's comparing a middle tier rye to a low tier wine.

Do the same math with Early Times at $20 a liter (and it's a darn good low priced bourbon).
Early Times is paint thinner.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:29 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:27 pm

Early Times is paint thinner.
:wrong:

Regular is absolutely solid and Bottled In Bond is really quite good. Post 2017 formulation is all new - basically Old Forester light
:notsure: I think I'll take your word for it and just get the Old Forrester. Although interestingly we've cut down the hard liquor drinking as couple and I haven't had whiskey for...........5 months? Still have a bottle of Old Grand Dad and Whistle Pig in the wine fridge, waiting for some guest........but in the COVID they never come. I have pretty much switched exclusively to tequila for hard liquor in the VID. Canna say why doe.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:34 pm :notsure: I think I'll take your word for it and just get the Old Forrester. Although interestingly we've cut down the hard liquor drinking as couple and I haven't had whiskey for...........5 months? Still have a bottle of Old Grand Dad and Whistle Pig in the wine fridge, waiting for some guest........but in the COVID they never come. I have pretty much switched exclusively to tequila for hard liquor in the VID. Canna say why doe.
Oh absolutely don't buy it if you're not doing seeking out the dollar/drink math.

I've *heard* the tequila segment has been doing really well.
Mexicans are stealing our booze jobs. :thankstrump:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

What the fuck is up Denny’s
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

razr390 wrote:What the fuck is up Denny’s
Does that place still exist? They all went out of business this year locally.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:43 pm
razr390 wrote:What the fuck is up Denny’s
Does that place still exist? They all went out of business this year locally.
Yeah they are still around here. Dirty and full of olds
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:17 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:14 pm

Blizzards definitely don't count. The other two are very regional and with largely insignificant impact.

Edit: to be clear - flooding and hurricanes in the North East**. Big deal elsewhere, not as much here.
Flooding was never a huge thing in Michigan until the last few years. Now lake levels are the highest they've ever been and some people are losing their homes. I work with a guy that has a house on Lake St. Clair that's under water right now...100% worthless. You can't just make the lakes go down.

That's my point, extreme weather is impacting all of us at an alarming rate. Yet we all just continue to :aintcare: :sass:
Man made or natural evolutionary/planetary cycle?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:54 am Whiskey is a better coat per drunk ratio FWIW. Lower calorie and no sugar too.

3L of wine or 750mL whiskey cost about the same and there's a little more alcohol in the wine. Depends on what you buy and your local prices :doe:

I love the way you think, it is at times really digital but nobody can deny how thorough you are in you analysis.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Calvinball wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:55 am

This is the most Troy post ever. I love it.
:dat: :dat: :dat:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Yum! :wub:
troyguitar

I mean I don't buy anything that I don't like, so there's plenty of subjectivity involved... but if I'm comparing two things that I like more or less equally then the cheaper one is "better" IMO.

Doesn't everyone operate that way?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:59 pm Back in Texas! Landed in Austin and we were greeted by 63 degree weather. Feels so good after a week of south Florida heat and humidity.
Sounds like I need to visit tejas. I maybe subjected to visit Dallas in January for a certain event, but I'm pretty sure that will be postponed since I got an email saying about that.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:10 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:06 am So I got a little bit of :mahtroy: luck on my what suppose to be a regular day. But nothing too serious, definitely pissed me off thanks to these 2 :derp:

1) I hailed a cab. We started driving and he was silent, I rode shotgun and he seems like an open minded guy. We witnessed some guy who appeared to be on drugs as he stood like a statue in a very unusual position. Then off he rambles based on how he had druggie customers, then he showed me his baton that he keeps under his seats and tells me this is how I beat up people with. That being said, he is a prime example why I would advice anyone not to drive in Istanbul for someone who doesn't know better. Dude cusses left and right, continues rambles, rambles, rambles. At that point, I got a phone call ( :alpo: ) and I pretended to be the friends I'm meeting with at a destination nearby. Told the driver the change of plans and about to be on my merry way. Things got worse, he is clearly an Erdogan supporter and tells me that these druggies are Ataturk kids (which who I support/looked up and who brought Turkey to it's secular state and :nope: off ottoman empire) Only a kilometer left and boom, road rage with some guy driving a new Citroen because he pulled out (in a normal way for Turkey), at that point, I left him 20 liras (fare was like 18.70 liras) but I decided to just :nope: out. Hopped on the metro that was really close so I can get to my actual destination. Fuck that guy.

2) I was at the local brew store to get some saissons and red ale's as there are some made by Turkish companies, which are 5/7. Sours are quite or should I say very hard to find, but luckily I live in a nice part of the city. There was a line outside due to Covid measures to minimize human capacity, with social distancing of course. Until some 22 year old fuck boi cut in front of me along with 4 other people behind me outside, I called him out since I was next in line to get in and things got nearly heated by being mr kevin or karen and screamed his annoying little voice on my face, followed by a push. I told him to fuck off and he goes with the "do you know who I am" and I responded with "that doesn't matter" you wait in line like the rest of us, the other people in line were on my side. He just walked away like :wtf: have some patience dude. I should also note that there wasn't any mask in sight on him while I wore mine, also the social distancing score would be much worse than average. The staff told me he often comes here and he's always a dick. Wish me luck and hope the bat won't snack on me.
:disgust:

And fuck that guy from 2)!
They both are. One day this kid will get a taste of his own medicine if he continues his bs.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:18 pm
Woa, really? I wonder why? It's all over here and my go-to for camping and whatnot.
Everything from them is just *gone* - I haven't seen BT on the shelf in a couple years and I just got my first bottles of Eagle Rare in over a year last week (and now back to missing). My issue is pretty common but mid-west and west have TONS. It's almost like they forgot 40% of the country lives on the East Coast.
Eagle Rare and Buffalo Trace are everywhere here. Safeway sells them and Instacart will deliver them. Blanton's you have to hunt for and stalk your liquor store on the delivery days. Earlier this year I got another 8 bottles of Blanton's by making friends with the manager at Bevmo by my work last year. I gave him a bottle of Jack Daniels green label that you can't get out here so he calls me when the shipments come in. Got some Weller that you can hardly find here from him too. Haven't heard from him in awhile, I need to make the trip back down there soon.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:08 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:03 pm

Sounds like I need to visit tejas. I maybe subjected to visit Dallas in January for a certain event, but I'm pretty sure that will be postponed since I got an email saying about that.
Dallas is a great city.
That's why im :excited: for it, so I really hope it won't happen, good opportunity to daytrip with :narc: also Austin is also on the way there which is on the bucket list. I really hope i rent a chally/charger r/t or get placprofit college tuition spec off turo, if I can find one :ohwell:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:17 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:11 pm

Eagle Rare and Buffalo Trace are everywhere here. Safeway sells them and Instacart will deliver them. Blanton's you have to hunt for and stalk your liquor store on the delivery days. Earlier this year I got another 8 bottles of Blanton's by making friends with the manager at Bevmo by my work last year. I gave him a bottle of Jack Daniels green label that you can't get out here so he calls me when the shipments come in. Got some Weller that you can hardly find here from him too. Haven't heard from him in awhile, I need to make the trip back down there soon.
Blanton's Gold and Blanton's Straight from The Barrel should start hitting west coast shelves soon.
We can hope. Usually, the store employees buy them all before they are removed from the box. BT needs to up the production to stop the gouging, There's no reason that $60 bottle should be treated like Pappy's and sold for 3-5x the retail price.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

One more call at 4:30 to go then it’s time for the weekend!

Tomorrow we have a consult for some ink and then I finally get a new pewpew class in. :fuckyeah:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:18 pm
[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:14 pm

I'm jelly of people in BT's Central and Western distribution regions. We can't get it on the East Coast anymore.
Yea BT is pretty common here, too.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:08 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:03 pm

Dallas is a great city.
:dat: I always enjoyed going there.THere's some really excellent food. True in most cities, but still. BBQ :drool: :fatty:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:45 pm One more call at 4:30 to go then it’s time for the weekend!

Tomorrow we have a consult for some ink and then I finally get a new pewpew class in. :fuckyeah:
Like tattoos? What are you getting?