OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:06 pm I've now gone 2 full summers with no AC. Admittedly that's about as hot as maybe a month in CA.
D.awww. How cute.

I've never lived in a house with central AC. I didn't even have a window unit in my bedroom until my mid 30's.
That's because it hadn't been invented yet.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:47 pm How many rooms have you renovated and how many years have you been there?
One room renovation, five years. Most we've done elsewhere is $500 refreshes (paint and lights for example and the occasional floor).
:idbu: but whatever, this is the part where you come in and claim that you you define "renovate" as... slightly less than what you have done to your place.

Are you still not seeing yourself ever upgrading, or are you now so much richer that you don't just deserve more house you need more house? 5000 square feet or bust!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:58 pm
wap wrote:
D.awww. How cute.

I've never lived in a house with central AC. I didn't even have a window unit in my bedroom until my mid 30's.
That's because it hadn't been invented yet.
:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar

For :science:

viewtopic.php?p=177766#p177766

I'm not going back through that whole thread, but I told you so ya damn robot.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

It’s going to be 111 today ... and that fancy ac that I finally have bow, we’re not supposed to run because power outages ... :thisisfine:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:34 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:17 am

Reasons, my parents are more happy when they are in Turkey. Plus now with whats going on in the US right now, they never really saw themselves retiring in the US, another reason for EU passport is my dad considering getting a house in Athens as well, as few of his friends did.

To be honest, Turkey isn't really that awful, just the government is doing not so wise decisions where you do have a point, which I also don't like as well. There hasn't been any sort of discussion of making Turkey an islamic state, especially mandatory head scarf and the like, erdogan just created his equivalent of white supremacists. Compared to the US, there are a couple things to avoid like exercising your freedom of speech to the guy who has power, but you can on other certain things whether it happens in your community. Other than politics, Turkey has improved a lot since I left, kinda reminded me of when I came to the US in 2002 (particularly Istanbul, Izmir, Bodrum, Ankara, etc) with a few exceptions.

India looks bleak because the government is rich and people are poor
Turkey's gov. is poor but there are a lot of rich people here. Especially those that are connected with politics continue to help Turkey to make it more civilized. Istanbul mayor is trying to find ways to make Istanbul to become an acceptable European city, so it can be accepted to the European union.
:word:
The bolded is no bueno but getting a house in Athens is a 5/7 idea. At least they'd have somewhere civilized to flee to, and be in the EU, too, if the shit hits the fan there.

Can a city be accepted into the EU instead of a whole country?
I'm :notsure: if the city can, maybe probably the european side of istanbul and along with rest of the istanbul providence. Who knows. But obviously rest of the country, particularly close to iraq, iran, and syria is theoretically undoable. Turkey has made progress to get closer to be accepted until Erdogan stepped in
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:17 am

Reasons, my parents are more happy when they are in Turkey. Plus now with whats going on in the US right now, they never really saw themselves retiring in the US, another reason for EU passport is my dad considering getting a house in Athens as well, as few of his friends did.

To be honest, Turkey isn't really that awful, just the government is doing not so wise decisions where you do have a point, which I also don't like as well. There hasn't been any sort of discussion of making Turkey an islamic state, especially mandatory head scarf and the like, erdogan just created his equivalent of white supremacists. Compared to the US, there are a couple things to avoid like exercising your freedom of speech to the guy who has power, but you can on other certain things whether it happens in your community. Other than politics, Turkey has improved a lot since I left, kinda reminded me of when I came to the US in 2002 (particularly Istanbul, Izmir, Bodrum, Ankara, etc) with a few exceptions.

India looks bleak because the government is rich and people are poor
Turkey's gov. is poor but there are a lot of rich people here. Especially those that are connected with politics continue to help Turkey to make it more civilized. Istanbul mayor is trying to find ways to make Istanbul to become an acceptable European city, so it can be accepted to the European union.
The bolded is no bueno but getting a house in Athens is a 5/7 idea. At least they'd have somewhere civilized to flee to, and be in the EU, too, if the shit hits the fan there.

I'm :notsure: if the city can, maybe probably the european side of istanbul and along with rest of the istanbul providence. Who knows. But obviously rest of the country, particularly close to iraq, iran, and syria is theoretically undoable. Turkey has made progress to get closer to be accepted until Erdogan stepped in
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:59 pm Fuck. I just had the greatest music-related career-type idea I've ever had. I don't think I have the skills to execute it properly in enough time to make it work out but I'm going to give it a shot.

The main thing I'm lacking, besides singing skills, is a band name. Any ideas for an 80s rock themed Trump cover band? Mr. Bigly is my first idea but it's not perfect.
Agent Orange

Other songs:
Thumbs on fire (Twitter nudge)
GHRITP
Vladibros
China virus
Absolutely incredible.
Fire your enemies
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:06 pm
SAWCE wrote:
$5 for some sweaty nip pics.
I've now gone 2 full summers with no AC. Admittedly that's about as hot as maybe a month in CA.
If there’s a will there’s a way
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:49 am
troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:59 pm Fuck. I just had the greatest music-related career-type idea I've ever had. I don't think I have the skills to execute it properly in enough time to make it work out but I'm going to give it a shot.

The main thing I'm lacking, besides singing skills, is a band name. Any ideas for an 80s rock themed Trump cover band? Mr. Bigly is my first idea but it's not perfect.
Agent Orange

Other songs:
GHRITP
Vladibros
China virus
Absolutely incredible.
Fire your enemies
Plus
Kung Flu
Kung Flu fuck yeah
General Tso Flu
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Guise do we even have the house equivalent thread of plac thread. Now that moving to a different place is on the horizon, I decided to fuck around on zillow and found this, even though it's a rental. Kind of in love with this :haus:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5633 ... e=txtshare
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Agent Orange

Other songs:
GHRITP
Vladibros
China virus
Absolutely incredible.
Fire your enemies
Song list continued:

They’re not sending their best
The United Nations stole our money
LAW AND ORDER
Above Average Sized Hands
There will be Hell Toupee
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Initial estimate when power first went out was that it’s be back on around 9pm. 845ish we got an update saying it wouldn’t be until 7am. She didn’t want to sleep in the heat, so we started packing little overnight bags to head up to her parents’ place. Literally as I was locking the front door to leave at 915 or so the power came back on :fuckyeah: cranked the AC down to 72° ordered a pizza and smoked a big ass bowl of weed.
troyguitar

razr390 wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:49 am Agent Orange

Other songs:
GHRITP
Vladibros
China virus
Absolutely incredible.
Fire your enemies
Song list continued:

LAW AND ORDER
Hell Toupee is an awesome band name.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:12 pm Fwiw noticed the comment about India; they do have their issues but...

1) It is the largest democracy in the world and while they have some pretty substantial civil rights issues for muslims, it is a true democracy and it's not at risk.
2) It *likely* has the fastest growing middle class in the world - getting that wealth to the poorest is a real challenge but one they are working on.
3) The spending power of the average person is exploding. I hired a guy 5 years ago over there. The week I hired him he bought his first car (and the first in his family), last year he bought his first house.

It's not really fair to compare it to Europe because of when they started their growth, but it's developing very rapidly and is just a wonderful place
Have they changed the laws banning people who were born in rural areas from moving into urban areas? I wrote my thesis about that for my Econ degree, and back then it seemed like it was probably the number one thing holding them back from the really poor citizens being able to break into even the middle class.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:59 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:09 pm

Have they changed the laws banning people who were born in rural areas from moving into urban areas? I wrote my thesis about that for my Econ degree, and back then it seemed like it was probably the number one thing holding them back from the really poor citizens being able to break into even the middle class.
Yup! It's actually being encouraged in some places. The city I spend the bulk of my time (Hyderabad) has expanded city services out in all directions by about 30 miles from the current end of development so that the infrastructure is there and ready to go with the influx.
:nice: I was pretty shocked when I first heard about it and even more so when I learned how it was affecting their economy as I researched for my paper.
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:36 am

Agent Orange

Other songs:
GHRITP
Vladibros
China virus
Absolutely incredible.
Fire your enemies
Song list continued:

LAW AND ORDER
Law and order is :muah:
Nicely done
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:46 am

Yea, Erdogan really fucked Turkey up, unfortunately.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:41 am
razr390 wrote: Song list continued:

LAW AND ORDER
Hell Toupee is an awesome band name.
:dat:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

The car was off, it was really 122 F.

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:35 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:04 am Guise do we even have the house equivalent thread of plac thread. Now that moving to a different place is on the horizon, I decided to fuck around on zillow and found this, even though it's a rental. Kind of in love with this :haus:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5633 ... e=txtshare
We have a whole subforum on house stuff! Good looking place!
I thought I remember :dat: tried looking for it and decided to fuck it and post it on here :ohwell:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:57 pm The car was off, it was really 122 F.

Yup been lovely here ... smoke ... fires ... hellish heat
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

That is rediculous heat :waxer: and :225: , how long is it supposed to last for?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Howdy folks. :howdy:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Hi Pecs and DemFuckersDoe!

LaboUr Day today here in land of sky high taxes and overly nice assholes.