OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

4zilch wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:26 am
troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:40 pm I would move to one of those if I liked frozen rust. Or Canada if they'd let us in.

Sadly in this country you have to choose between shitty climates and shitty people.
Or you just :dealwithit:

I’m a firm believer that most people on this earth are still good, even if our ideologies are different.
:dat:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:34 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:08 am Well gentlemen, after being MIA for a while. I booked my flight back in, wait for it.....December.

My family is moving back here for good as retirement in a couple years (this has been in the discussion for a few years now) so right now we are looking to get a car here at this point, something we will share and worse than dangerously slow to :plac: standards (like a 1.0 Polo with DSG, 1.4t Golf or a Seat Leon FR w/ 1.5 150 hp with dsg, which I convinced on the Seat in particular). At that point if I just simply continue to live in the nations capital suburbs (which is very likely), chances are I may end up getting a 2-3 bedroom apartment (perhaps a small house with parking depending on where and price, because DC metro), so that when my family visits for couple months they can have a room to stay. My dad even thought of keeping the explorer that I can use for a daily/winter beater when he's not there or even considered trading it in for a CPO Lexus GX, so he can have his own car there.

I'm also currently in the process of getting a 3rd citizenship in Bulgaria, due to my grandmother. So I also have to learn a little bit of Bulgarian as well when they will interview me, which is in 2021 which I have to visit there at some point.

As much as I should be concerned right now, I try not to think much as much as possible until I can see predictable moments that leads to a positive direction, like when things resurrect from what instigated the Kung Flu.
Wait, so your parents are going to retire in Turkey in a couple years? :butwhy: Erdogan is flushing the whole country down the shitter. More than once in the past month he's almost started a war with Greece and Cyprus, and the EU is PISSED at him, especially France. Turkish and Greek navies are still on a hair trigger in the eastern Aegean at this moment because he won't stay out of Greek and Cypriot territorial waters. IMHO, they'd be smart to :gtfo: before either A) he becomes even more Islamist and ruins the country's secular traditions, or B), the army carries out a successful, but no doubt bloody, coup d etat . Just my $.02... :iono:
Reasons, my parents are more happy when they are in Turkey. Plus now with whats going on in the US right now, they never really saw themselves retiring in the US, another reason for EU passport is my dad considering getting a house in Athens as well, as few of his friends did.

To be honest, Turkey isn't really that awful, just the government is doing not so wise decisions where you do have a point, which I also don't like as well. There hasn't been any sort of discussion of making Turkey an islamic state, especially mandatory head scarf and the like, erdogan just created his equivalent of white supremacists. Compared to the US, there are a couple things to avoid like exercising your freedom of speech to the guy who has power, but you can on other certain things whether it happens in your community. Other than politics, Turkey has improved a lot since I left, kinda reminded me of when I came to the US in 2002 (particularly Istanbul, Izmir, Bodrum, Ankara, etc) with a few exceptions.

India looks bleak because the government is rich and people are poor
Turkey's gov. is poor but there are a lot of rich people here. Especially those that are connected with politics continue to help Turkey to make it more civilized. Istanbul mayor is trying to find ways to make Istanbul to become an acceptable European city, so it can be accepted to the European union.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:25 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:25 pm:fax: ?
Yarp
Wait why did we chase off fax? I liked fax. We had our disagreements, but I enjoyed having a beer with him over the 'Vid zoom call.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:24 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:21 am

Wait why did we chase off fax? I liked fax. We had our disagreements, but I enjoyed having a beer with him over the 'Vid zoom call.
He was saying some outright racist shit and Q level COVID shit. He didnt like my rules that I wasn't going to put up with outright racism and lies.
Oh wow. I mean COVID.... :caspian: and whatnot I guess as brought on by our supreme cheeto and his MAGA made in China hat wearing cult. But racism isn't OK.

I must have missed the whole exchange, so I legit have no idea what happened.
Johnny_P

This kid... is being a real piece of shit the last 2 days. He HAD been taking one long giant snooze at night. Started out 3 hours between feeds, then 4, 5, and got up to 6. We were living large. Thinking we could feed him at like 10 PM and he'd be out cold till 4 AM.

Nope. An hour or two later he's up and kicking out of his swaddle and fussing and then crying/screaming. Last night he woke up 2.5 hrs between feeds the entire night.

Not only that, I have about 6 different mouth exercises to do with him because of his tongue tie. Plus about 4 other PT type exercises. Because he's 5 weeks old and has been to a chiropractor twice already which is infinity% more than I have ever gone. And at 5 weeks old we have a lactation consultant and a speech therapist. MF can't talk, bro's, and he has a speech person. And the kid with no teeth has a dentist appt next week too :waxer:

:rolleyes: I hate the little guy about 50% of the time.

"Breast is best" and "breastfeeding is free" is a load of shit too. For some people those statements may be true, but it's not a universal statement.
Johnny_P

Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:35 am This kid... is being a real piece of shit the last 2 days. He HAD been taking one long giant snooze at night. Started out 3 hours between feeds, then 4, 5, and got up to 6. We were living large. Thinking we could feed him at like 10 PM and he'd be out cold till 4 AM.

Nope. An hour or two later he's up and kicking out of his swaddle and fussing and then crying/screaming. Last night he woke up 2.5 hrs between feeds the entire night.

Not only that, I have about 6 different mouth exercises to do with him because of his tongue tie. Plus about 4 other PT type exercises. Because he's 5 weeks old and has been to a chiropractor twice already which is infinity% more than I have ever gone. And at 5 weeks old we have a lactation consultant and a speech therapist. MF can't talk, bro's, and he has a speech person. And the kid with no teeth has a dentist appt next week too :waxer:

"Breast is best" and "breastfeeding is free" is a load of shit too. For some people those statements may be true, but it's not a universal statement.
Play your cards right and he could become the next Twista.
Apex

Happy Fri-Yay, y’all! :fatty:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

wap wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:30 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:25 pm

Yarp
And :dubshow: apparently.

Yeah, you bois "won the war". Glad I stopped by in time to confirm why I'm better off without this echo chamber of self affirmation.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:21 am

He was saying some outright racist shit and Q level COVID shit. He didnt like my rules that I wasn't going to put up with outright racism and lies.
so I think, slow Friday let me pop in and see what dfd been up too, been a good break of a couple months or so.

welp, not long enough apparently.

All:. I said nothing remotely racist. I take immense offense being called racist, as someone who has been beating the criminal justice reform drum from way before it was 'cool'.
I also committed the crime of questioning the official Covid narritive, fuck me. Numbers proving that more right as time marches on.

[user not found], Fuck You you hypocritical lying asshole. Enjoy your echo chamber. Ban me, I don't give a fuck. I'll miss alot of people, but also won't miss a few.

Glad to see dplac have an escape route for rat race, sad I won't be able to follow new build in TC. place looks awesome btw. Even though I'm making the TN dream down here,I'm also a little jelly of that mostly due to the financial side!
looks like troy is also developing a plan, great.
good luck with baby Jonny, they are hard and the first 3 months were the worst for us too. if you need help or to talk you know where to find me.
Sawce, thanks for help on fitness journey. I'll keep grinding.
Desert, I'll miss your candid humor.
Max, we didn't always see eye to eye but we both have that questioning attitude thing and have good banter. I enjoyed having someone challenge my point of view.
[user not found], again we didn't always see eye to eye but you a good dude, and I hope you land in a career path after this shit that brings you peace.

I'd write more but it will probably just get nuked anyway, so good luck to everyone else I didn't mention, mostly good crew here.

Except [user not found]. time will uncover you as the imposter you are eventually.

:micdrop:
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
4zilch wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:26 am Or you just :dealwithit:

I’m a firm believer that most people on this earth are still good, even if our ideologies are different.
This. I also believe that if you don't like people one place, you're probably not going to like them anywhere else. People are all pretty much the same across the world.
People are not even close to the same. That's why different cultures exist.

I'm sure that the God, Guns, and Football crowd is full of "very fine people" but that's still not a group with whom I want to spend my life.

When I say shitty climates or shitty people, it's from the perspective of being able to fit in and enjoy myself. You might be able to enjoy Hoth or the fine folks of Al'Abama, but I don't belong in either place.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:35 am This kid... is being a real piece of shit the last 2 days. He HAD been taking one long giant snooze at night. Started out 3 hours between feeds, then 4, 5, and got up to 6. We were living large. Thinking we could feed him at like 10 PM and he'd be out cold till 4 AM.

One word of advice here, as I have been going through this with my best friend who had a Rona baby in March.

Some of these “medical” professionals are utterly useless. And they may not actually help with any of it. Do what you think is right but over consulting can send you down some insane $$$$$ Path for nothing and may not help the kid.

:member: humans have been around for a while and are resilient AF
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:22 am

so I think, slow Friday let me pop in and see what dfd been up too, been a good break of a couple months or so.

All:. I said nothing remotely racist. I take immense offense being called racist, as someone who has been beating the criminal justice reform drum from way before it was 'cool'.
I also committed the crime of questioning the official Covid narritive, fuck me. Numbers proving that more right as time marches on.

[user not found], Fuck You you hypocritical lying asshole. Enjoy your echo chamber. Ban me, I don't give a fuck. I'll miss alot of people, but also won't miss a few.

Glad to see dplac have an escape route for rat race, sad I won't be able to follow new build in TC. place looks awesome btw. Even though I'm making the TN dream down here,I'm also a little jelly of that mostly due to the financial side!
good luck with baby Jonny, they are hard and the first 3 months were the worst for us too. if you need help or to talk you know where to find me.
Max, we didn't always see eye to eye but we both have that questioning attitude thing and have good banter. I enjoyed having someone challenge my point of view.
[user not found], again we didn't always see eye to eye but you a good dude, and I hope you land in a career path after this shit that brings you peace.

I'd write more but it will probably just get nuked anyway, so good luck to everyone else I didn't mention, mostly good crew here.

Except [user not found]. time will uncover you as the imposter you are eventually.

oh wow. :mahman:

Apparently Friday morning curiosity got us both. :notbad: :nuke:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

So you hate him because he goes to a chiropractor, dentist and speech therapist? Um, if you didn't book those appointments I'm pretty sure he didn't either. I'm not challenging your feelings but :bruh: , he's your son and will need his mum and dad till he is like 25 y/o.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

:fax: you got my number if you need help down the road on the fitness stuff.
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:22 am

:fax: hope the TN dream is going well for ya!
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:wtf:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

4zilch wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:26 am
So much this, we have much more in common than we probably know.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex

Less than 5 hours, hopefully, until the weekend! :carlton:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

No water in our building at work.. bathrooms closed. Looking like a slow day, but if they aren’t fixed by lunch I’m going to ask to WFH for the rest of the day.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:24 am People are not even close to the same. That's why different cultures exist.

I'm sure that the God, Guns, and Football crowd is full of "very fine people" but that's still not a group with whom I want to spend my life.

When I say shitty climates or shitty people, it's from the perspective of being able to fit in and enjoy myself. You might be able to enjoy Hoth or the fine folks of Al'Abama, but I don't belong in either place.
Being all around the world, I can tell you people from all around the world are damn similar.
Yeah man, living in Corning is totally the same as Miami which is the same as Istanbul. :gtfo:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:18 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:17 pm Less than 5 hours, hopefully, until the weekend! :carlton:
Long one for you I assume?
Yep!
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:21 pm Yeah man, living in Corning is totally the same as Miami which is the same as Istanbul. :gtfo:
Different places are different for sure, but people and their values and how they present them are largely the same.

I need to talk to my staff in India and Nepal different than my staff here, but they all fundamentally have the same needs and desires. Sure there are some differences around the edges, but those are the edges.
So the fact that some "edges" make me a lot more comfortable, interested, and happy than others is my own fault for being a broken human being? I should just love everything and everyone equally and enjoy whatever is popular wherever I am?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:17 am
wap wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:34 pm

Wait, so your parents are going to retire in Turkey in a couple years? :butwhy: Erdogan is flushing the whole country down the shitter. More than once in the past month he's almost started a war with Greece and Cyprus, and the EU is PISSED at him, especially France. Turkish and Greek navies are still on a hair trigger in the eastern Aegean at this moment because he won't stay out of Greek and Cypriot territorial waters. IMHO, they'd be smart to :gtfo: before either A) he becomes even more Islamist and ruins the country's secular traditions, or B), the army carries out a successful, but no doubt bloody, coup d etat . Just my $.02... :iono:
Reasons, my parents are more happy when they are in Turkey. Plus now with whats going on in the US right now, they never really saw themselves retiring in the US, another reason for EU passport is my dad considering getting a house in Athens as well, as few of his friends did.

To be honest, Turkey isn't really that awful, just the government is doing not so wise decisions where you do have a point, which I also don't like as well. There hasn't been any sort of discussion of making Turkey an islamic state, especially mandatory head scarf and the like, erdogan just created his equivalent of white supremacists. Compared to the US, there are a couple things to avoid like exercising your freedom of speech to the guy who has power, but you can on other certain things whether it happens in your community. Other than politics, Turkey has improved a lot since I left, kinda reminded me of when I came to the US in 2002 (particularly Istanbul, Izmir, Bodrum, Ankara, etc) with a few exceptions.

India looks bleak because the government is rich and people are poor
Turkey's gov. is poor but there are a lot of rich people here. Especially those that are connected with politics continue to help Turkey to make it more civilized. Istanbul mayor is trying to find ways to make Istanbul to become an acceptable European city, so it can be accepted to the European union.
:word:
The bolded is no bueno but getting a house in Athens is a 5/7 idea. At least they'd have somewhere civilized to flee to, and be in the EU, too, if the shit hits the fan there.

Can a city be accepted into the EU instead of a whole country?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:33 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:32 pm

Yep!
Noiiicceee
Dem .gov days off. :megusta:

And we don’t have anything really planned for the weekend. We got some steak and lobster tail for dinner one night since my better half and I have been together for 11 years on Sunday. :mindblown: