A covid pole right up the nose

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!

Show me on the pole where the covid19 touched you

I’ve had it
No votes
I personally know and interacted (any kind of communication) with someone who had it.
55%
I heard my uncle’s cousin’s stepson had it, I think they’re ok but wouldn’t really know.
3%
I haven’t had any personal connection to anyone whose caught it.
9%
A close friend or family member is a medical worker on the frontlines.
30%
I have a second cousin thrice removed who is a frontline worker, but they’re weird and I never talk to them.
3%
No connection to any frontline healthcare workers.
No votes

Total votes: 33
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:55 pm
Calvinball wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:08 pm

Good to hear about your mom’s place, they must be handling things well I would think.
Thanks. Yea, they initiated a strict lock down early on. Residents have to eat in their apartments instead of the communal dining room, all entertainment activities suspended indefinitely, no visitors, residents until recently could not leave the building, etc. They've since loosened up a bit recently since Illinois has done a decent job with our Covfefe-19 fight. Residents are allowed in the dining room again, but only 4 to a table that normally sits 10. They can go outside now for walks and they can have visitors, but just outside. If they leave the premises they have to self quarantine for 2 weeks.
Our worst outbreaks have been in long term care facilities, I don't understand it entirely but glad that there are some good ones to be found. Glad your mama is in one of the better ones!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:27 am
wap wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:55 pm

Thanks. Yea, they initiated a strict lock down early on. Residents have to eat in their apartments instead of the communal dining room, all entertainment activities suspended indefinitely, no visitors, residents until recently could not leave the building, etc. They've since loosened up a bit recently since Illinois has done a decent job with our Covfefe-19 fight. Residents are allowed in the dining room again, but only 4 to a table that normally sits 10. They can go outside now for walks and they can have visitors, but just outside. If they leave the premises they have to self quarantine for 2 weeks.
Our worst outbreaks have been in long term care facilities, I don't understand it entirely but glad that there are some good ones to be found. Glad your mama is in one of the better ones!
Thanks, brah!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Back in March or April - Wife's Brother in Law brought it home from work and infected her 86 year old father. Both had bad cold/mild flu like symptoms for one week. BIL Tested positive, FIL wasn't tested.

Last month FIL and his other daughter who lives with him got tested for anti bodies, both have them. She never had symptoms. (SHe doesnt know it yet but I am staying THE FUCK AWAY FROM HER UNTIL 2022).

Last weeks ago FIL went in for semi emergency EKG, he tested positive for COVID (with no symptoms) and the they isolated him for 3 days but released him. Seems kinda sketchy to me....

A co worker of my brother and his wife went to get tested as they both got what they thought was the rona......they were in the queue but left after waiting for like 6 hours....the next day they got a call that they both tested positive. WTF?

Hate to jinx myself but none of my Clients or Caregivers have gotten it so far....though we have had a few scares....
Irish

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:38 am
Irish wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:14 pm
A co worker of my brother and his wife went to get tested as they both got what they thought was the rona......they were in the queue but left after waiting for like 6 hours....the next day they got a call that they both tested positive. WTF?

FYI this is Russian disinformation. LOTS of this story is spreading on social media and it's not true.
:wat:
Last edited by Irish on Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irish

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:38 am
Irish wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:14 pm

FYI this is Russian disinformation. LOTS of this story is spreading on social media and it's not true.
Uhm...I don't doubt that there is a ton of misinformation being put out there and that some of it is from the Russkies...but I didnt give you near enough information for you to classify my brothers story as such.....

I mean its possible that the co worker is completely full of shit...but I doubt he is a Russian operative working for a Boom LIft company in in McConnellsburg PA....
Irish

Gotcha. Point taken. But, devils advocate....

Just because there are false reports of a thing happening doesn't preclude that thing from happening for real elsewhere.

Chances are that my brother's coworker is a gottdam lemming....but it's not for certain.
Irish

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:10 am
Irish wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:09 am Gotcha. Point taken. But, devils advocate....

Just because there are false reports of a thing happening doesn't preclude that thing from happening for real elsewhere.

Chances are that my brother's coworker is a gottdam lemming....but it's not for certain.
Accurate post is accurate!
:wub:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

2 of my cousins have had the VID and another is presently fighting it. All located in the North Carolina region.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

One of my writers is on vacation starting today. For the last month he told me he’s just spending a few days at home and down the shore. He’s renting a truck from us for the week, but has been really quiet about his time off.

Today he lets slip he’s going to North Carolina when he’s filling out the rental paperwork with me. He’s pissed at me because now I’m charging him $150 to sanitize the truck when he brings it back, and I’m enforcing the NJ requirement that he has to self isolate for 14 days after getting home.

I’m not putting myself or my employees at risk.
wap

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:15 pm One of my writers is on vacation starting today. For the last month he told me he’s just spending a few days at home and down the shore. He’s renting a truck from us for the week, but has been really quiet about his time off.

Today he lets slip he’s going to North Carolina when he’s filling out the rental paperwork with me. He’s pissed at me because now I’m charging him $150 to sanitize the truck when he brings it back, and I’m enforcing the NJ requirement that he has to self isolate for 14 days after getting home.

Yea, fuck that guy. You're doing the right thing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:15 pm One of my writers is on vacation starting today. For the last month he told me he’s just spending a few days at home and down the shore. He’s renting a truck from us for the week, but has been really quiet about his time off.

Where in NC? We have some hot spots.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

D Griff wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:44 pm

Roanoke and Kitty Hawk.

So this guy sends an email to my General Manager to complain that I'm treating him unfairly. Jeff comes to me today and tells me about it. I tell him I don't think it's a good idea for him to be here if the state says that's what he's got to do.

"well, I just got back from a week in Nags Head... should I be here?"

"No, Jeff, I don't think you should but I'm not your boss".
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:25 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:44 pm

Roanoke and Kitty Hawk.

So this guy sends an email to my General Manager to complain that I'm treating him unfairly. Jeff comes to me today and tells me about it. I tell him I don't think it's a good idea for him to be here if the state says that's what he's got to do.

"well, I just got back from a week in Nags Head... should I be here?"

"No, Jeff, I don't think you should but I'm not your boss".
:lolol:

The Outer Banks are pretty remote (well were, I haven’t been in a few years). It’s generally a place you go to be outside, not try a bunch of restaurants and beach bars (Charleston, Wilmington areas). So hopefully Jeff doesn’t infect your work place....
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Sister and BIL in Idaho both got the Vid. Sister didn’t have too many symptoms, said it felt like a bad cold. BIL has way worse with the fevers, loss of taste/smell, and sharp pains in his chest while breathing. They’re both over the worst of it now luckily.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:31 am Sister and BIL in Idaho both got the Vid. Sister didn’t have too many symptoms, said it felt like a bad cold. BIL has way worse with the fevers, loss of taste/smell, and sharp pains in his chest while breathing. They’re both over the worst of it now luckily.
Wow. Scary. Glad they're on the mend.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

wap wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:33 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:31 am Sister and BIL in Idaho both got the Vid. Sister didn’t have too many symptoms, said it felt like a bad cold. BIL has way worse with the fevers, loss of taste/smell, and sharp pains in his chest while breathing. They’re both over the worst of it now luckily.
Wow. Scary. Glad they're on the mend.
Ditto
:therapist:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

How?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:45 pm
How?
How did they get it?

She works in a prison up there as a social worker. I’m assuming she got it from work, but I’m not sure. She had it first and gave it to him.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:11 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:28 am

:lolol:

The Outer Banks are pretty remote (well were, I haven’t been in a few years). It’s generally a place you go to be outside, not try a bunch of restaurants and beach bars (Charleston, Wilmington areas). So hopefully Jeff doesn’t infect your work place....
Depends on where you are in the Outer Banks. There are bars and restaurants out there.
:word:

Bars are closed in NC still :doe:

:iono: A trip to the beach seems pretty safe to me as long as you're smart about it (social distance, mask, avoid crowds). Most of the beach activities are all outdoors.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:31 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:45 pm

How?
How did they get it?

She works in a prison up there as a social worker. I’m assuming she got it from work, but I’m not sure. She had it first and gave it to him.
Yeah that was the question. I would vote prison yep.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:22 pm My sister in law just got a positive diagnosis
Family BBQ be cancelled.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:22 pm My sister in law just got a positive diagnosis
:doomed:
wap

Oh shit. :(

Good luck to her. Keep us posted.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:08 pm
wap wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:07 pm

Oh shit. :(

Good luck to her. Keep us posted.
She will be fine, but if it's anything like my Mrs she's going to be sick for a month. Mostly she feels like being a dumbass for getting it. She's been super careful for a while then her first slip up and she gets it.
Go on.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:29 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:25 pm

Go on.
The only people they had seen for months was us besides a company picnic they had outside at their house. Last week they get together with another couple. She gets drunk, has splits a drink with the other woman, two days later the husband of that couple is sick... No one had any symptoms and they were outside so almost certainly it was that drink that did it.

The woman doesn't have symptoms yet and had a negative test, but she wasn't close enough to the guy to get it from him.
Demon Rum strikes again.