Covid check in-May 19th 2020

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!

What is the current state of Covid Restrictions in YOUR area?

Phase 0 - Full lock down, can only go outside to not starve PPE required
5%
Phase 1 - Full lock down but some signs of life, some outdoor activities are ok if open, yet most aren't, outside is still death, most businesses closed, PPE required
37%
Phase 2 - Partial lock down, about 1/2 the businesses back to operating, while at reduced capacities, 25/50% PPE required
53%
Phase 3 - Almost back to normal, PPE suggested, most businesses open, while minor restrictions still exist.
5%
Phase 4 - Never locked down or Pretty much business as usual PPE no where to be seen
No votes

Total votes: 19
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

My issue with our restrictions lies in group gatherings. We are not allowed to gather in groups larger then five people. Ten is reasonable but we are a family of four so if we want to see my parents we are technically breaking the rules. We need to open that bubble up to a bigger number then 5. Apparently an announcement is coming so that will help us out directly.

Schools will stay closed until September or longer, this is a bit messy for us personally as well. I don't know what we are going to do when we are both working more.

The rest of the restrictions are NBD.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:25 am My issue with our restrictions lies in group gatherings. We are not allowed to gather in groups larger then five people. Ten is reasonable but we are a family of four so if we want to see my parents we are technically breaking the rules. We need to open that bubble up to a bigger number then 5. Apparently an announcement is coming so that will help us out directly.

Schools will stay closed until September or longer, this is a bit messy for us personally as well. I don't know what we are going to do when we are both working more.

The rest of the restrictions are NBD.
Dang. My wife is a Digital Learning Director at a school here and they seem totally set on August opening. She is off in the summers and teaches these writing camps and it sounds like that is currently a go (in person) for July as well :notsure:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:34 pm Gonna say 1 and change. Cops do not enforce "lockdown" here, on the roads. Also, this places gets SERIOUSLY depopulated about now so it's like summer started on the roads in mid March. Restaurants and bars are still closed.........there are some business open for "curbside delivery." Jeff Bezos continues to supply 80 percent of my shit, as he did PRE-COVID. I miss my favorite Thai restaurant where I always sit at the bar, but..........I ALWAYS SIT AT THE BAR. Because sitting down low is for olds and crotchfruit. Therefore I expect to be eating at home for a long long time.
Speaking of enforcing, a LOT of people are going atleast 20 mph over the limit, sometimes more in VA and MD by atleast 30, since people do atleast over 20 there anyway before being an essential workers was something to brag about :lol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Phase 1 I think. But making moves towards 2.

Most businesses closed. Masks required if you're inside a business, strongly encouraged if you're just out and about. 6ft distance required between people. Businesses that are open for mass amounts of people (Lowes, grocery store, etc) are limited to the number they can have in the stores, so lines outside are the norm. Most smaller businesses that are open are restricted to 1 customer inside at a time, so they're mostly online pre-orders. Restaurants are take-out or delivery only.

Some shops are reopening as they figure out how to do online orders or take out.

Playgrounds and basketball courts chained up or hoops removed, but the major parks were never closed so they're still being used.

Some construction allowed to restart, max of 1 person per 500 sq.ft. I think it was.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:00 pm
Apex wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:30 pm

The only gym in the state opened up yesterday; and police were arresting people who went there today. They were under a maximum occupancy of 20% too.
Dang I thought I saw videos from there yesterday of the cops showing up and saying they were going to be doing anything about the gym being opened? Atilis?
Atilis got shut down by the health inspector. Sewer system was clogged with paper towels (that the business doesn’t keep in the restrooms) so health inspector put an embargo on the property. Township workers were seen working on the building prior to the health inspector showing up.
All this less than an hour after the governor threatened to send the health department after the gym.
:thisisfine: :caspian:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

:(
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Welp, we're going into phase 2 next week. Should be interesting.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:36 am Welp, we're going into phase 2 next week. Should be interesting.
Tomorrow for us... and we're "celebrating" by going to a funeral :wtf:

It will be small and outdoor, but I hate that we're going. It's my wife's uncle, everyone there will be rural, poor, high risk people (mostly smokers, mostly overweight, older, etc) and we're coming in from the city to probably infect them all :thisisfine: .
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:27 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:36 am Welp, we're going into phase 2 next week. Should be interesting.

It will be small and outdoor, but I hate that we're going. It's my wife's uncle, everyone there will be rural, poor, high risk people (mostly smokers, mostly overweight, older, etc) and we're coming in from the city to probably infect them all :thisisfine: .
:impressive:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Next week, Delaware is allowing restaurants to do take-out and delivery, and businesses are beginning to be allowed to open with occupancy restrictions. Face masks are required if you have to go into any building. Gyms are re-opening for some reason, but I personally feel those should be one of the last things to be allowed to open again. My workout buddy and I are in agreement that we won't be returning to the gym any time soon.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:disgust:

We're going camping! And with our normal camping buddies that haven't gone anywhere in 2 months. This will be their first trip outside the house and they're stoked.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Don't know if/when anything here is opening, we're not going anywhere regardless. :scrooge:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Huckleberry wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:21 pm Next week, Delaware is allowing restaurants to do take-out and delivery, and businesses are beginning to be allowed to open with occupancy restrictions. Face masks are required if you have to go into any building. Gyms are re-opening for some reason, but I personally feel those should be one of the last things to be allowed to open again. My workout buddy and I are in agreement that we won't be returning to the gym any time soon.
That is odd... ours are not opening here and they're even opening restaurants at reduced capacity.

Our company sent out some "Back to Office" plan :bs: last night.. they are opening up the offices beginning of June and encouraging us to go back but all meetings must still be held over Zoom/Teams, masks must be worn in any common areas (which is like the entire place), and you must stagger with those that sit around you.

So, I won't see my team (sits around me), will be uncomfortable in a mask all day, and will still be in Zoom meetings? That's a no from me, dog, I'll just keep working remote.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:21 pm Next week, Delaware is allowing restaurants to do take-out and delivery, and businesses are beginning to be allowed to open with occupancy restrictions. Face masks are required if you have to go into any building. Gyms are re-opening for some reason, but I personally feel those should be one of the last things to be allowed to open again. My workout buddy and I are in agreement that we won't be returning to the gym any time soon.
Turning your patio into a prison yard with $800 worth of bars and plates is a bargain compared to acquiring the Rona.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I might probably have to attend to 1 or 2 funerals here, one would be one of my friends dad and my friends grandpa (thanks to covid). Time will tell on that but may be subjected soon
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:09 pm
Turning your patio into a prison yard with $800 worth of bars and plates is a bargain compared to acquiring the Rona.
This was a solid 5/7 laugh. Thank you
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Agreed, even if gym's are back open, I would probably cancel my membership. As someone who regularly goes to the gym and how some people aren't even cleaning after themselves after each equipment use. That alone scares the hell out of me.

Probably the only way I would ever do that is bring extra set of clothes, do my shit, clean before working out on it, change after working out is over. Also use gloves especially if I touch dumbells and do deadlifts and the like. Wash them when I come home and do a nice deep cleaning myself, basically more time consuming and less convenient.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:53 am
Agreed, even if gym's are back open, I would probably cancel my membership. As someone who regularly goes to the gym and how some people aren't even cleaning after themselves after each equipment use. That alone scares the hell out of me.

Probably the only way I would ever do that is bring extra set of clothes, do my shit, clean before working out on it, change after working out is over. Also use gloves especially if I touch dumbells and do deadlifts and the like. Wash them when I come home and do a nice deep cleaning myself, basically more time consuming and less convenient.
My gym sent out an email saying that the gym will be by appointment only with a capacity limit. It's still a big ol' :nope: from me.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:13 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:53 am

My gym sent out an email saying that the gym will be by appointment only with a capacity limit. It's still a big ol' :nope: from me.
huge :hellno: for me, I just rather run outside
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:11 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:09 pm

This was a solid 5/7 laugh. Thank you
I'm going to do it myself, no joke here.
SAWCE

My gym opens Monday. I’ll be there.

They’re taking temperature at the door. Capacity is limited. Staff on the gym floor, if you don’t wipe equipment down after you’re done, you’re out. No spotting allowed to maintain distance between people. Every other cardio machine roped off.

I don’t feel any more risk going in there than I do my local Costco or Vons.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:36 pm My gym opens Monday. I’ll be there.

They’re taking temperature at the door. Capacity is limited. Staff on the gym floor, if you don’t wipe equipment down after you’re done, you’re out. No spotting allowed to maintain distance between people. Every other cardio machine roped off.

That's a good regimen.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:48 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:36 pm My gym opens Monday. I’ll be there.

That's a good regimen.
Yeah, they’re doing it “right” (wrong in theory since gyms aren’t allowed to open, but that’s a different discussion). Unfortunately for those that lift at commercial gyms they’re going to have a much harder time since so many more people go normally.

IIRC capacity is going to be set at 60 people. That gives everyone way more than enough space with how big the building is. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen more than that in there at one time pre-covid. If so, most of them would have been in a group class (those wont be held anymore at our gym either, which cuts out a lot of people too)
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:59 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:48 pm

That's a good regimen.
Yeah, they’re doing it “right” (wrong in theory since gyms aren’t allowed to open, but that’s a different discussion). Unfortunately for those that lift at commercial gyms they’re going to have a much harder time since so many more people go normally.

IIRC capacity is going to be set at 60 people. That gives everyone way more than enough space with how big the building is. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen more than that in there at one time pre-covid. If so, most of them would have been in a group class (those wont be held anymore at our gym either, which cuts out a lot of people too)
Did you end up going? Curious how it was... I have given up on the idea of doing more than the basic prison yard stuff for a long time :ohwell:
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:03 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:59 pm

Did you end up going? Curious how it was... I have given up on the idea of doing more than the basic prison yard stuff for a long time :ohwell:
I went, but just to get some work done on my leg that I’ve been having issues with. It was busy, but not crazy. Lots of new people signed up since we’re one of the only gyms in town that are open, but still plenty of space for everyone. I’m on my way to go lift there now.