How Hard Are You Working From Home?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!

What's the current work/motivation situation?

Furloughed/laid off
14%
Early retirement :mahtroy: style
5%
Business as usual still working on site at the job
19%
Working from home and more productive than in office
24%
Working Hard (status quo) From Home
14%
Hardly Working From Home
24%

Total votes: 21
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:49 am Today is a busy week all crammed into three days. Feels good actually.
:notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:wap: With all due respect... it seems like you continually are rather preachy about this stuff to people. Like this lady and the fast food worker you lectured. I promise you, everyone has read/heard/seen about the guidelines and is well aware of the risks to themselves and others. A lecture from someone isn't going to change whether they choose to abide or not, it's just going to make people :rage: on both sides of the equation.

Do what you think is right, and let others do the same. If they hurt themselves or others, that's on them, and nothing would have changed that.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:08 pm :wap: With all due respect... it seems like you continually are rather preachy about this stuff to people. Like this lady and the fast food worker you lectured. I promise you, everyone has read/heard/seen about the guidelines and is well aware of the risks to themselves and others. A lecture from someone isn't going to change whether they choose to abide or not, it's just going to make people :rage: on both sides of the equation.

Do what you think is right, and let others do the same. If they hurt themselves or others, that's on them, and nothing would have changed that.
#woke
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:08 pm :wap: With all due respect... it seems like you continually are rather preachy about this stuff to people. Like this lady and the fast food worker you lectured. I promise you, everyone has read/heard/seen about the guidelines and is well aware of the risks to themselves and others. A lecture from someone isn't going to change whether they choose to abide or not, it's just going to make people :rage: on both sides of the equation.

:caspian:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:19 pm

#woke
First, I'm not the only one here who feels strongly about this.

This lady is a good friend of mine and I feel that I can speak frankly to her. As for the grocery store checkout chick and others like her, I wouldn't give a shit if their careless disregard for well established public safety protocols only affected them, but it doesn't. Besides her :fax: being 100% :wrong: she is actively endangering not only everybody that comes into her store, but everyone those people come into contact with, and potentially everyone THOSE people come into contact with. And if a customer happens to work in, say, an assisted living facility, then you could suddenly have a lot of dead olds on your hands. And I know we like to joke around here about useless :wap: s and all, but those people are someone's beloved parents or grandparents, or maybe someone who helped liberate a concentration camp who don't deserve to die because some ignorant :millennial: gets :pout: about doing something for the common good. People's right to be careless in the defense of their freedumbs end at my right to not breathe their (potentially) tainted breath.
Who's right is more harmful?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex

wap wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:09 pm

#woke

This lady is a good friend of mine and I feel that I can speak frankly to her. As for the grocery store checkout chick and others like her, I wouldn't give a shit if their careless disregard for well established public safety protocols only affected them, but it doesn't. Besides her :fax: being 100% :wrong: she is actively endangering not only everybody that comes into her store, but everyone those people come into contact with, and potentially everyone THOSE people come into contact with. And if a customer happens to work in, say, an assisted living facility, then you could suddenly have a lot of dead olds on your hands. And I know we like to joke around here about useless :wap: s and all, but those people are someone's beloved parents or grandparents, or maybe someone who helped liberate a concentration camp who don't deserve to die because some ignorant :millennial: gets :pout: about doing something for the common good. People's right to be careless in the defense of their freedumbs end at my right to not breathe their (potentially) tainted breath.
:notsure: why I was quoted because I have clearly stated before that I am perfectly fine with people dieing.

I had a much longer post typed out; but it’s not remotely worth it here.
wap

Apex wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:34 pm

:notsure: why I was quoted because I have clearly stated before that I am perfectly fine with people dieing.

Yea that was meant for Griffballz. Sorry Pecs. My bad.
Apex

wap wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:39 pm
Apex wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:34 pm

Yea that was meant for Griffballz. Sorry Pecs. My bad.
No worries :wap: :)
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

#woke

You should have punched the C02 lady in the mouth Ron.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

#woke

I mean, I don't disagree with you, I wear my mask to the store despite hating it, every single time. Recently, we've begun hanging out with some others in small groups at our house or others, but no contact and keep distance. I just think lecturing others gets nowhere. The facts have been presented to everyone over and over. Many facts are still unknown too. I just can't imagine lecturing a shop worker. Based on what I know, mask or not, they're at much higher risk than the patrons anyway. Contraction is based on exposure amount X TIME. Being in a store for 20 minutes is minimal risky, eight hours, not so much.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:51 pm

You should have punched the C02 lady in the mouth Ron.
:notsure:
:lolol: :doe:
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:08 pm

I mean, I don't disagree with you, I wear my mask to the store despite hating it, every single time. Recently, we've begun hanging out with some others in small groups at our house or others, but no contact and keep distance. I just think lecturing others gets nowhere. The facts have been presented to everyone over and over. Many facts are still unknown too. I just can't imagine lecturing a shop worker. Based on what I know, mask or not, they're at much higher risk than the patrons anyway. Contraction is based on exposure amount X TIME. Being in a store for 20 minutes is minimal risky, eight hours, not so much.
:word:
I really didn't mean for it to be a lecture. I just asked about her mask and she gave me such a stupid, ignorant answer that I couldn't help myself but to respond. And my response was literally 1 sentence. Hardly a lecture, imo.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:27 pm

Nah fam.

Fuck people who deny science during this. If I have half a moment I’ll let them know exactly where they stand.

Not saying anything is just as dangerous as not adhering to the CDC guidelines. It makes people think that what they’re doing is OK.
Do you really think you'll change anyone's mind though? Again, I'm not saying they're right, obviously the masks are advised for a reason and I wear mine despite detesting it. I just can't remember many situations when someone ranting at someone else or lecturing them ever changed their view/actions. More likely, they become :triggered: and do the activity MORE, as is human nature to rebel.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:34 pm

Nah fam.

Fuck people who deny science during this. If I have half a moment I’ll let them know exactly where they stand.

Not saying anything is just as dangerous as not adhering to the CDC guidelines. It makes people think that what they’re doing is OK.
Do you really think you'll change anyone's mind though? Again, I'm not saying they're right, obviously the masks are advised for a reason and I wear mine despite detesting it. I just can't remember many situations when someone ranting at someone else or lecturing them ever changed their view/actions. More likely, they become :triggered: and do the activity MORE, as is human nature to rebel.
Just out of curiosity, what's the big deal? Medical personnel wore these things all the time long before the Rona?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:36 pm

Just out of curiosity, what's the big deal? Medical personnel wore these things all the time long before the Rona?
It's really uncomfortable (I'm sure a better mask wouldn't be as bad). I also just generally hate it, I (unlike most here) actually like human interaction and other people and the mask just takes away a lot from that, IMO. It is what it is though, NBD to help myself and everyone else out.
wap

Nah fam.

:notsure: if this is referring to me, but I promise you that my 3 word question and 1 sentence comment after her total :bs: reply would not be considered a rant by any rational non-mouth breather.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Or just stay the fuck at home.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:41 pm

:notsure: if this is referring to me, but I promise you that my 3 word question and 1 sentence comment after her total :bs: reply would not be considered a rant by any rational non-mouth breather.
Nah I’m not trying to single you out by any means, just a generalization.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:45 pm I’ve changed quite a few peoples perspectives with the delivery of real :fax: - and while I failed to do so on others, at least I tried.

Bottom line is, one person can infect several, and those several can then infect someone you know. Don’t play into the bystander effect. If you see something, say something.

If someone’s being an obvious asshole, touching people, not abiding by distancing guidelines, licking doorknobs, being a fucking Covidiot, drop that motherfucker some :fax:

Shit is real. It may not affect the vast majority of us on here personally but are you willing to say goodbye to older/not as healthy friends and family?

That’s what I fucking thought.
I don’t want to say goodbye, no. I do what I can on a personal level but when I go to Home Depot and only 50% of the people in there have masks on, I get the hell out as quickly as I can, not waste time telling people what they already know but are choosing to ignore because they’re stupid.
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:31 pm
wap wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:41 pm

Nah I’m not trying to single you out by any means, just a generalization.
:mahman: