How Hard Are You Working From Home?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!

What's the current work/motivation situation?

Furloughed/laid off
14%
Early retirement :mahtroy: style
5%
Business as usual still working on site at the job
19%
Working from home and more productive than in office
24%
Working Hard (status quo) From Home
14%
Hardly Working From Home
24%

Total votes: 21
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:44 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:40 pm Dunno. I can't imagine doing the bare minimum and feeling in any way safe while in the worst employment market in the modern era. If I had a good job I'd be working my ass off to be the one who comes out of this up a notch or two - which is exactly what I'm trying to help the wife do now.

I fully expect her to be fired anyway but it sure won't be from lack of effort.
This is a good approach. Everyone should assume their job is in jeopardy and work like it is. If your job isn't in jeopardy, this is when promotions are set in motion.
:hai:

I’ll be over here attempting to find away around the requirement of being in my current position long enough to be eligible for a promotion.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:40 pm Dunno. I can't imagine doing the bare minimum and feeling in any way safe while in the worst employment market in the modern era. If I had a good job I'd be working my ass off to be the one who comes out of this up a notch or two - which is exactly what I'm trying to help the wife do now.

This is a good approach. Everyone should assume their job is in jeopardy and work like it is. If your job isn't in jeopardy, this is when promotions are set in motion.
:word:

In our case the goal is not even a promotion, but to have it be undeniably clear that productivity has not only not gone down but has in fact gone up as a result of 100% WFH... and therefore the 100% WFH option should be permanent. :notsure: :okboomer:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:40 pm
D Griff wrote:
:dat:

But why bother doing more than the minimum to achieve that? THe whole point of sales is to be motivated by ze commission. I'm not excited about the products or anything like that.
Dunno. I can't imagine doing the bare minimum and feeling in any way safe while in the worst employment market in the modern era. If I had a good job I'd be working my ass off to be the one who comes out of this up a notch or two - which is exactly what I'm trying to help the wife do now.

You're definitely right. This has been my mentality for sure, but now I'm very much in a fuck this mode. I really have zero desire to be promoted at this company but don't want to lose my job either, and it's nice to have options. I'd be more interested in a lateral move, as the idea of being a sales manager is a :nope: for me.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

status quo or slightly better.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Huckleberry wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:32 pm I'm getting a little burned out. The hours have gotten longer since I always start early, but others have grown to start later and schedule calls later in the day. The savings in gas and not needing to commute 35 minutes each way is cool, but being at home is growing tiresome. The most taxing thing is the directional changes that seem to happen on an almost daily basis. Someone makes a decision, so we work towards implementing it, and by the next day, the entire direction has changed and we have to now work towards that goal, which will undoubtedly change again. It's like someone took the normal corporate bullshit and turned the dial to 11.

I have some projects coming up, so I'll be going into the office once those kick off in June. It will make for a nice change of pace.
Do we work for the same terrible company?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I also forgot to mention that I'm considering getting a certificate in IT. Either at George Mason (they have a very good program for it) or perhaps Georgetown, who knows. Once this shit is done and will be back to a position where I can finally have more piece of mind, I'd most likely pull the plunge on that, especially since IT won't be :doomed: when this hits up again.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:25 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:32 pm I'm getting a little burned out. The hours have gotten longer since I always start early, but others have grown to start later and schedule calls later in the day. The savings in gas and not needing to commute 35 minutes each way is cool, but being at home is growing tiresome. The most taxing thing is the directional changes that seem to happen on an almost daily basis. Someone makes a decision, so we work towards implementing it, and by the next day, the entire direction has changed and we have to now work towards that goal, which will undoubtedly change again. It's like someone took the normal corporate bullshit and turned the dial to 11.

I have some projects coming up, so I'll be going into the office once those kick off in June. It will make for a nice change of pace.
Do we work for the same terrible company?
Your view has turned a complete 180° from when you first started.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:37 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:10 pm I also forgot to mention that I'm considering getting a certificate in IT. Either at George Mason (they have a very good program for it) or perhaps Georgetown, who knows. Once this shit is done and will be back to a position where I can finally have more piece of mind, I'd most likely pull the plunge on that, especially since IT won't be :doomed: when this hits up again.
What do you mean by IT?
Basically internet info security analysts, I haven't really got around doing enough homework on that yet
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:03 pmNice
:nice:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

I am working pretty hard now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:therapist:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Calvinball wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:40 pm I am working pretty hard now.

I'm not. Just checked my work email. Another Phishing attempt today, so nothing really new. About to take a walk.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:54 pm
Calvinball wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:40 pm I am working pretty hard now.

I'm not. Just checked my work email. Another Phishing attempt today, so nothing really new. About to take a walk.
:dat: nothing for me today, drinking a small glass of raki ermmm Ouzo with Cheeto puffs.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:06 pm
wap wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:54 pm

:dat: nothing for me today, drinking a small glass of raki ermmm Ouzo with Cheeto puffs.

Living the life...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:55 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:06 pm

Living the life...
:dat: dem :thankstrump: :truckyeah: puffs :jelly:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:44 pm
wap wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:55 pm
[/b]
Living the life...
Gonna buy like 10 beers in preparation for the 4 day lockdown tomorrow.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:10 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:44 pm
This whole weekend lock down thing y'all are doing over there is a bit confusing to me. Like, what do they think it is accomplishing? If you're letting everyone out the other three days, the chance for spread is still very present.
wap

Wocka Wocka wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:52 pm

This whole weekend lock down thing y'all are doing over there is a bit confusing to me. Like, what do they think it is accomplishing? If you're letting everyone out the other three days, the chance for spread is still very present.
Yea, that makes no sense to me.

Sort of related, had a friend get mad at me this evening. She invited us to her kid's graduation party next month. I told her we'd love to come as long as there will be 10 people or less, per our social distancing guidelines. She said there's going to be 30 people ( :wtf: ) so I respectfully bowed out, pointing out that it was illegal. She texted back asking if it will ever be legal, so I explained our state's 5 step reopening policy (we're currently in stop 2 and 50 person gatherings will be allowed at step 4, which we may get to at the end of June. Step 3 is scheduled for the end of this month). I even offered to get together with them alone so there would be less than 10 gathering. And she just texted back, "see you next year", totally ignoring my explanation. :wat:
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

wap wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:52 pm This whole weekend lock down thing y'all are doing over there is a bit confusing to me. Like, what do they think it is accomplishing? If you're letting everyone out the other three days, the chance for spread is still very present.

Sort of related, had a friend get mad at me this evening. She invited us to her kid's graduation party next month. I told her we'd love to come as long as there will be 10 people or less, per our social distancing guidelines. She said there's going to be 30 people ( :wtf: ) so I respectfully bowed out, pointing out that it was illegal. She texted back asking if it will ever be legal, so I explained our state's 5 step reopening policy (we're currently in stop 2 and 50 person gatherings will be allowed at step 4, which we may get to at the end of June. Step 3 is scheduled for the end of this month). I even offered to get together with them alone so there would be less than 10 gathering. And she just texted back, "see you next year", totally ignoring my explanation. :wat:
Some people just :aintcare:

I don’t grasp what is so hard about following the guidelines.

wap

Wocka Wocka wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:40 am
wap wrote:

Some people just :aintcare:

Right??
And, her mother is elderly and sickly. Plus her sister is a CNA and works in an assisted living facility. IE, the last people who should potentially get the virus.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

wap wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:40 am Some people just :aintcare:

Right??
And, her mother is elderly and sickly. Plus her sister is a CNA and works in an assisted living facility. IE, the last people who should potentially get the virus.
I’ve lost all sympathy for folks like that. I don’t wish harm upon them, but if they get sick and die - :aintcare:

I don’t enjoy thinking that way, but if you don’t want to take personal responsibility for your own safety, that’s on you, boo.

wap

Wocka Wocka wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:45 am
wap wrote:
Right??
I’ve lost all sympathy for folks like that. I don’t wish harm upon them, but if they get sick and die - :aintcare:

I don’t enjoy thinking that way, but if you don’t want to take personal responsibility for your own safety, that’s on you, boo.

:notwrong: What they don't seem to get is just how wide-ranging the consequences of their selfish actions could be.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

wap wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:45 am I’ve lost all sympathy for folks like that. I don’t wish harm upon them, but if they get sick and die - :aintcare:

:notwrong: What they don't seem to get is just how wide-ranging the consequences of their selfish actions could be.

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

That and amongst other things they declared for the last month and a half its the following:
- no domestic/international flights (domestic will open in June and international to an extent most likely July)
- anyone over 65 & younger than 20 are not allowed to go out at all cost, otherwise they will get a fine for $700
- We even cancelled flights to Italy before UK even did a week before.
- people are ordered to stay home, but you can still go out to exercise, social distance, go to grocery stores (until last week when retail stores and cafes/ice cream and more takeout restaurants are finally open for take out only). The thing is, we Turks have a "panic" culture, and lot of people are still refusing to leave home. But we still end up having traffic due to ramadan and coupled with the fact that Istanbul has a population of 15 million people, so much larger than Paris and London combined.

The reason why they decided to have weekend lockdown is because during the last weekend where lot of places were closed, people were still going out with barely any social distancing. They did that on purpose to basically prevent that from happening and if caught you will get fined. It actually worked, for the last 2-3 weeks, we dropped from 100 to 40 daily deaths now (topped out at 128) in a country with 80 million people, much less cases too. We went from top 9th to 7th and back to 9th again due to Brazil.

Besides, lot of people still have their office jobs just working at home, so they don't really have the time to leave, we don't have much unemployment issues as we do in the US. People here take this shit seriously, I literally saw someone not wearing a mask at a market and the staff escorted that dude out. We don't have the "my body my choice bs" here like the US does, I got called out by the cops one time for not wearing my masks bc my sunglasses were fogging. Last week I went to a department store and there was a lady that couldn't let me in without checking my fever, which is the norm.

For this 4 day lockdown in particular is because tuesday is a holiday and the following tuesday is also a holiday as well, therefore another 4 day lockdown. This might be subjected to be the last one, I saw restaurants getting prepared to be back in dining in business to.
Im sure theres a few missing.

Plus, spain has larger numbers than we do and they already let people out to exercise and do take outs, words from my friend who lives in Madrid.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:33 am

Sort of related, had a friend get mad at me this evening. She invited us to her kid's graduation party next month. I told her we'd love to come as long as there will be 10 people or less, per our social distancing guidelines. She said there's going to be 30 people ( :wtf: ) BRILLIANT! so I respectfully bowed out, pointing out that it was illegal. AND STUPID AND SELFISH. She texted back asking if it will ever be legal, FUCK LADY WHO AM I, NOSTRADAMUS?so I explained our state's 5 step reopening policy (we're currently in stop 2 and 50 person gatherings will be allowed at step 4, which we may get to at the end of June. Step 3 is scheduled for the end of this month). HA HA A WASTE OF CALORIES I even offered to get together with them alone so there would be less than 10 gathering. And she just texted back, "see you next year",THAT'S A EUPHEMISM FOR "FUCK OFF RON" totally ignoring my explanation. RON YOUR FRIEND IS A RULEBREAKER, NOT A RULEMAKER. :wat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:28 pm
wap wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:33 am

Sort of related, had a friend get mad at me this evening. She invited us to her kid's graduation party next month. I told her we'd love to come as long as there will be 10 people or less, per our social distancing guidelines. She said there's going to be 30 people ( :wtf: ) BRILLIANT! so I respectfully bowed out, pointing out that it was illegal. AND STUPID AND SELFISH. She texted back asking if it will ever be legal, FUCK LADY WHO AM I, NOSTRADAMUS?so I explained our state's 5 step reopening policy (we're currently in stop 2 and 50 person gatherings will be allowed at step 4, which we may get to at the end of June. Step 3 is scheduled for the end of this month). HA HA A WASTE OF CALORIES I even offered to get together with them alone so there would be less than 10 gathering. And she just texted back, "see you next year",THAT'S A EUPHEMISM FOR "FUCK OFF RON" totally ignoring my explanation. RON YOUR FRIEND IS A RULEBREAKER, NOT A RULEMAKER. :wat:
All :dat: