OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:51 pm
coogles wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:50 pm Went to a wedding over the weekend. Walked into the building and my wife and I were just about the only people wearing masks. Was brutally hot outside and food and drink were served inside, so plenty of time spent inside with people shouting over music and basically 5 of 80 people wearing masks.

I'll miss you all. :RIP:
Makes the car shopping a moot point now, eh?
:notwrong:

So does the Rona in general, though. With both of our offices closed through at least the end of the year there’s zero reason to have 2 cars capable of ferrying all three crotchfruit. I mostly just want to get it over with so I stop thinking about it. And also so I’m not rushed into making a decision to buy a car I’m not totally happy with.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

My "perfect 15" would be 67F-82F.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:My "perfect 15" would be 67F-82F.
:fancy:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

The first time I experienced my “perfect 15” was when we visited a friend in Gainesville, FL during college years.

Miami was constantly 80-95 and in Gainesville it was 55-70 during the entire weekend we were there.

Fucking blissful.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

My 15 range is over 90f is unacceptable
Apex
Drives: Abominable

coogles wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:12 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:51 pm

Makes the car shopping a moot point now, eh?

So does the Rona in general, though. With both of our offices closed through at least the end of the year there’s zero reason to have 2 cars capable of ferrying all three crotchfruit. I mostly just want to get it over with so I stop thinking about it. And also so I’m not rushed into making a decision to buy a car I’m not totally happy with.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote:My 15 range is over 90f is unacceptable
:mahtroy:

I can see that being the case in the Shitty. I don't mind 95 here but that's because I know that 25 is coming in like 6 fucking weeks so I will never complain about it being hot outside here. 100 is fine if it gives me another day over freezing.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

coogles wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:50 pm Went to a wedding over the weekend. Walked into the building and my wife and I were just about the only people wearing masks. Was brutally hot outside and food and drink were served inside, so plenty of time spent inside with people shouting over music and basically 5 of 80 people wearing masks.

I just had a conversation with my mom about the baptism my sister has scheduled for her son in a couple weeks. My mom told me that they only invited enough to fill the church to 30% capacity. This immediately set off red flags in my head and I asked, "What's the capacity?"

"I think it is around 1000 people."
"She invited 300 fucking people to watch water get poured over her kid's head?!?"

She began to backpedal and say that she thinks only 80 people were invited and then named five people she knew who weren't going to come. Great, we're down to 75 people. She then said masks are mandatory and the after-party is outdoors in my sister's backyard, which makes the outdoor aspect moot because it will be 75 people in a backyard with masks off. So, I told her, "Just to put some scale to this: my wedding, which was originally scheduled for May 30th and has been rescheduled to the end of August, has been whittled down to less than 30 people in attendance, including the bride and groom. If everyone is wearing a mask, we'll attend the church, but we are not attending the house party."

I have zero patience for people anymore. Fuck tradition and courtesy and every other social construct people use as excuses to disregard safety protocols.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:58 pm If I have to pick 15 degrees I definitely agree with 55 to 70

I'm a -15 to 85 kind of guy in general.
Potato weather.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex

Melon wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:40 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:58 pm If I have to pick 15 degrees I definitely agree with 55 to 70

I'm a -15 to 85 kind of guy in general.
Potato weather.
I identify as a potato.
Apex

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:24 pm

I just had a conversation with my mom about the baptism my sister has scheduled for her son in a couple weeks. My mom told me that they only invited enough to fill the church to 30% capacity. This immediately set off red flags in my head and I asked, "What's the capacity?"

"She invited 300 fucking people to watch water get poured over her kid's head?!?"

She began to backpedal and say that she thinks only 80 people were invited and then named five people she knew who weren't going to come. Great, we're down to 75 people. She then said masks are mandatory and the after-party is outdoors in my sister's backyard, which makes the outdoor aspect moot because it will be 75 people in a backyard with masks off. So, I told her, "Just to put some scale to this: my wedding, which was originally scheduled for May 30th and has been rescheduled to the end of August, has been whittled down to less than 30 people in attendance, including the bride and groom. If everyone is wearing a mask, we'll attend the church, but we are not attending the house party."

I have zero patience for people anymore. Fuck tradition and courtesy and every other social construct people use as excuses to disregard safety protocols.
:impressive:

I can’t even think of 30 people I’d want to invite to my wedding.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:dat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar

Huckleberry wrote:

:jesus:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:15 am
wap wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:46 pm

:bruh: :wub:
Where dafuq you been?
Everything good wichu?
Ah...you know, life gets in the way of fun stuff...... I found myself spending too much time reading here and not enough time working.... :oops:

Everything is pretty good.....though I'm pissed at the (not so) delicate genius prosthodontist.

I've been waiting for over a year to have a full set of teeth again and she put this bottom appliance in with a sharp edge which is digging into my already damaged tongue.

So instead of finally being able to bit into a sandwich or a slice of pizza, I am forced to eat soups and soft food again. I mean I know I should be grateful to even have a mouth (and a heart beat for that matter) but fuck, take a little care woman......I've been through enough unavoidable discomfort already......

How about you olde friend, how are they hangin'?
All is well here. My :mk6: was totaled back in April. Made a car thread about it and the search for its replacement. Otherwise, with Covfefe-19 raging we ain't doing much of anything, but we're healthy.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Irish wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:35 am
Tarspin wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:49 pm

:dat: , you doing a lot of your own labor @ work?
Actually I finally hired an office manager who has been doing alot for me ....she is really strong at helping hire caregivers and signing up clients,....it has allowed me to stay home for the most part, though I do go in here and there....
Great news!
wap

So much :dat:
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

Morning!

:hai:
Apex

:howdy:
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:43 pm

All of my friends are a bunch of assholes, and most of us didn't even like each other at first. Then we realized that we were all assholes and we should start hanging out with each other because no one else will.

Apex

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:19 am
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:43 pm

All of my friends are a bunch of assholes, and most of us didn't even like each other at first. Then we realized that we were all assholes and we should start hanging out with each other because no one else will.

:notbad:
Apex

Happy Birfday :sawce: !
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Thanks ‘Pecs!
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

:howdy:
:therapist:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:08 am
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:42 pm

I identify as a potato.
Oh man, the kiddo might love this, one of the 'you pick' fruit places up our way has started doing 'you pick' potatoes then they French fry them on site
Oh wow, that sounds cool!
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:hai:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.