OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Irish wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:35 am
Tarspin wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:49 pm

:dat: , you doing a lot of your own labor @ work?
Actually I finally hired an office manager who has been doing alot for me ....she is really strong at helping hire caregivers and signing up clients,....it has allowed me to stay home for the most part, though I do go in here and there....
That's awesome, so glad to hear things are looking up!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:35 am
Irish wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:35 am

Actually I finally hired an office manager who has been doing alot for me ....she is really strong at helping hire caregivers and signing up clients,....it has allowed me to stay home for the most part, though I do go in here and there....
:howdy:

:whalecum: back. Glad things are going decently well, hopefully the mouth continues to improve!

Grilled some salmon and corn at the house Friday evening, Saturday slept in and chilled, then :tits: and I rode into the city and went to a few breweries. First time going out to a bar or anything like that in almost six months. You have to wear masks other than when at your own table and things are quite spaced out. We sat outside and were at least 10 feet from anyone else at both places. All wait staff in masks. Overall it seemed safe but still feel a little bad about doing it :iono: Was fun to bike a little :drunk:

Sunday we took the :doge: for a hike at a local lake, went for a bike ride with another couple and got some ice cream :fatty: , and then did some shit around the :haus:

Back to work now :disgust:
I'm more then happy to take the wife and kids for ice cream but it will be few and far between instances that I actually want my own. I've been loosing body fat slowly and naturally since winter and I would love to see another 10 lbs disappear. Not actively dieting or anything but I just don't want to eat crap as often anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:55 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:35 am

:howdy:

:whalecum: back. Glad things are going decently well, hopefully the mouth continues to improve!

Grilled some salmon and corn at the house Friday evening, Saturday slept in and chilled, then :tits: and I rode into the city and went to a few breweries. First time going out to a bar or anything like that in almost six months. You have to wear masks other than when at your own table and things are quite spaced out. We sat outside and were at least 10 feet from anyone else at both places. All wait staff in masks. Overall it seemed safe but still feel a little bad about doing it :iono: Was fun to bike a little :drunk:

Sunday we took the :doge: for a hike at a local lake, went for a bike ride with another couple and got some ice cream :fatty: , and then did some shit around the :haus:

Back to work now :disgust:
I'm more then happy to take the wife and kids for ice cream but it will be few and far between instances that I actually want my own. I've been loosing body fat slowly and naturally since winter and I would love to see another 10 lbs disappear. Not actively dieting or anything but I just don't want to eat crap as often anymore.
My COVID lifestyle has been active enough that I can pretty much eat whatever, I typically burn 10K calories/week biking and running and whatnot, so some ice cream is doable. That said, I try to avoid keeping desserts around the house as I have little self control with such things.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I picked up a pint of Ben & Jerry’s last night. Fuck it, it was 95 degrees and ice cream is delicious. I’ll spread the goodness out over a couple of nights this week.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:49 am I picked up a pint of Ben & Jerry’s last night. Fuck it, it was 95 degrees and ice cream is delicious. I’ll spread the goodness out over a couple of nights this week.
I got the three scoop Baskin Robins and ate it all in one sitting NFG.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:56 am
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:49 am I picked up a pint of Ben & Jerry’s last night. Fuck it, it was 95 degrees and ice cream is delicious. I’ll spread the goodness out over a couple of nights this week.
:mahman:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
Waffle cone with 3 scoops last night was :notbad:

Junk food and booze is why I ride the bike.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Oh God its hot again. Ugh.

At least our air conditioners are keeping up. This is about as hot as Philly gets, so that's good.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:13 pm
D Griff wrote:
Waffle cone with 3 scoops last night was :notbad:

Junk food and booze is why I ride the bike.
My location was out of waffle cones :disappoint:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:14 pm Oh God its hot again. Ugh.

At least our air conditioners are keeping up. This is about as hot as Philly gets, so that's good.
Yeah the past/upcoming weeks here seem to be high of 95F with wicked humidity. Mornings are decent though, I just get my outside time in then.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SE MI is a desert now, but we got our first rain in a long time yesterday. Was 5/7 to sit on the porch and watch/listen to the storms.

Mid 80's and low humidity today, hard to complain finally.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:14 pm Oh God its hot again. Ugh.

I stepped out this morning and it was already 80 degrees before 7am. Blech.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Seems like if you're not on the west coast, summer in the US is kinda the same everywhere. I'm glad I live somewhere where at least winters are mild.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:Seems like if you're not on the west coast, summer in the US is kinda the same everywhere. I'm glad I live somewhere where at least winters are mild.
Yeah I mean it was literally 95F here yesterday. No cooler than Charlotte or even Miami.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:38 pm
D Griff wrote:Seems like if you're not on the west coast, summer in the US is kinda the same everywhere. I'm glad I live somewhere where at least winters are mild.
Yeah I mean it was literally 95F here yesterday. No cooler than Charlotte or even Miami.
Miami actually tops out at 89/90... but the humidity is really next level there, it feels pretty bad in the summer. I would probably live there again, I love the hot weather.
troyguitar

I have yet to experience sustained 100+ temps in the desert, but 90s and humid doesn't bother me either. I prefer it to 60s or lesss, generally. Even 70 can feel cold in the shade if it's damp.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

100+ in the desert isn’t too bad. It’s easier for me to get used to that than 80+ with humidity.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:55 pm 100+ in the desert isn’t too bad. It’s easier for me to get used to that than 80+ with humidity.
Desert 100 in the shade actually feels really good. 110 is where it starts to get pretty rough. I've been in Phoenix when it was 120ish and it is brutal.
Apex

This 95 shit is way too hot. :disgust:
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:43 pm I have yet to experience sustained 100+ temps in the desert, but 90s and humid doesn't bother me either. I prefer it to 60s or lesss, generally. Even 70 can feel cold in the shade if it's damp.
The humidity is what bothers me. I don't particularly enjoy having to peel my clothes off at the end of the day.
troyguitar

Apex wrote:This 95 shit is way too hot. :disgust:
Beats the fuck out of 55... or -15.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I am pretty happy with low 50s to 90s... sub 35F can fuck right off.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:13 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:43 pm I have yet to experience sustained 100+ temps in the desert, but 90s and humid doesn't bother me either. I prefer it to 60s or lesss, generally. Even 70 can feel cold in the shade if it's damp.
The humidity is what bothers me. I don't particularly enjoy having to peel my clothes off at the end of the day.
:dat: :dat: :dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:17 pm
Apex wrote:This 95 shit is way too hot. :disgust:
Beats the fuck out of 55... or -15.
I’d happily take -15 over this. It includes even more appropriate Covid attire to boot!

I can always put on more clothes. There is only so much that I can take off.
troyguitar

Apex wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:17 pm Beats the fuck out of 55... or -15.
I’d happily take -15 over this. It includes even more appropriate Covid attire to boot!

I can always put on more clothes. There is only so much that I can take off.
:gtfo:

Here's a photo of me on the deck yesterday afternoon when it was 95:

:thisisfine: