Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Melon wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:17 pm
wap wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:26 pm

:well:
:poop:
:bravo:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:39 pm Just got an email that 401k match is being increased from 5% to 6% effective Jan 1 2021. :notbad:
Wow! :nice: , especially these days.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Music makes my days go by so much faster.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:06 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:13 am Meanwhile where we are now...

:megusta:
Pics of this potential DPlac :haus: ?
I need to take some...it's like living in a run down/overgrown 80's modern resort/retreat. All the houses other than ours are well maintained and gorgeous (all from the 80's too :doe: ) but all houses are on at least an acre on top of hills with lots of trees so visible neighbors aren't a thing. There's multiple hiking trails around the outside of the neighborhood that feels like 100% middle of nowhere, and each house has their own trail to get to the main one (we've been working to get ours cut down). Only open to residents, we've been exploring every morning and have yet to see someone else. It's like retirement...but I'm still working. Absolutely 5/7 in every way.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:13 pm

Are they there?

Did I miss anything of note while away?

I was backpacking in NH last week and then chillin' at a cabin, kept internet/phone usage to a minimum which was nice.
Been living up here since Saturday. It's blowing my mind.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:50 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:26 pm Music makes my days go by so much faster.
:dat:

Podcasts too
Hear me out.

Podcasts...

...about music.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:07 pm

I need to take some...it's like living in a run down/overgrown 80's modern resort/retreat. All the houses other than ours are well maintained and gorgeous (all from the 80's too :doe: ) but all houses are on at least an acre on top of hills with lots of trees so visible neighbors aren't a thing. There's multiple hiking trails around the outside of the neighborhood that feels like 100% middle of nowhere, and each house has their own trail to get to the main one (we've been working to get ours cut down). Only open to residents, we've been exploring every morning and have yet to see someone else. It's like retirement...but I'm still working. Absolutely 5/7 in every way.
That sounds so great. :megusta:
:excited: for pics
Apex

Melon wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:12 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:50 pm

:dat:

Podcasts too
Hear me out.

Podcasts...

...about music.
:mindblown:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:13 pm

Are they there?

Did I miss anything of note while away?

I was backpacking in NH last week and then chillin' at a cabin, kept internet/phone usage to a minimum which was nice.
:fuckyeah:

It's nice that you have a month, you can see if the luster wears off or you're still loving it multiple weeks in. I think I'd get a little lonely in an environment like that, but man, spending last week in bumfuck New Hampshire was just incredible.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex

:nice: Griff
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

35 miles and 11K feet of climbing over three days, twas fun and tough. The last pic was a brewery in Littleton to reward ourselves after a long hike.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:27 pm

It's nice that you have a month, you can see if the luster wears off or you're still loving it multiple weeks in. I think I'd get a little lonely in an environment like that, but man, spending last week in bumfuck New Hampshire was just incredible.
What's rad is we're a 15 minute drive along the grand traverse bay to downtown Traverse City, which has a ton of breweries, distilleries, and restaurants...some of the best I've ever been to. So if we want that "lively city" atmosphere, it's just a short gorgeous drive away.

There's even bike trails that we could ride on to downtown, just drive 5 minutes to the high school, park, and hit the trail.

But yea, we'll see how we're feeling in a few weeks.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:46 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:27 pm

What's rad is we're a 15 minute drive along the grand traverse bay to downtown Traverse City, which has a ton of breweries, distilleries, and restaurants...some of the best I've ever been to. So if we want that "lively city" atmosphere, it's just a short gorgeous drive away.

There's even bike trails that we could ride on to downtown, just drive 5 minutes to the high school, park, and hit the trail.

Well... you could get a job at Hagerty if FCA :nuke: occurs?
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:27 pm :fuckyeah:

See how you like it when it's frozen and gray from November through May...
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:47 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:46 pm

That's the plan.

I've reached out to recruiters at Hagerty to set up some time to talk now that I'm up here. We'll see if I can get something rolling.

But the purchase price of this place would drop our COL drastically...like zero debt (buy my truck out) and an all-in mortgage payment under $1,500/mo. The "need" to make a ton of money is mitigated quite a bit.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:52 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:47 pm

That's the plan.

I've reached out to recruiters at Hagerty to set up some time to talk now that I'm up here. We'll see if I can get something rolling.

But the purchase price of this place would drop our COL drastically...like zero debt (buy my truck out) and an all-in mortgage payment under $1,500/mo. The "need" to make a ton of money is mitigated quite a bit.
:mahman:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:51 pm
Detroit wrote: What's rad is we're a 15 minute drive along the grand traverse bay to downtown Traverse City, which has a ton of breweries, distilleries, and restaurants...some of the best I've ever been to. So if we want that "lively city" atmosphere, it's just a short gorgeous drive away.

See how you like it when it's frozen and gray from November through May...
The weather in winter is no different than shitty Detroit...except it actually snows a lot up here. I like winter when there's snow, I'm totally ok with that. Detroit is cold and gray and bleh all winter.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:54 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:51 pm See how you like it when it's frozen and gray from November through May...
The weather in winter is no different than shitty Detroit...except it actually snows a lot up here. I like winter when there's snow, I'm totally ok with that. Detroit is cold and gray and bleh all winter.
Yeah, if it's cold and shitty, I'd rather there be some snow honestly. At least it's pretty to look at from inside.

I just checked Hagerty's job postings... they have a VP of Product Management :notbad:

Nothing really in my wheelhouse sadly. They seem to be growing, they've acquired some cool shit like DriveShare and motorsportreg.com.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:57 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:54 pm
Yeah, if it's cold and shitty, I'd rather there be some snow honestly. At least it's pretty to look at from inside.

I just checked Hagerty's job postings... they have a VP of Product Management :notbad:

Nothing really in my wheelhouse sadly. They seem to be growing, they've acquired some cool shit like DriveShare and motorsportreg.com.
I saw that job which claims to be based in Idaho of all places for some reason. Still, hoping to connect with some people there to talk about opportunities.

Twisty roads are all over up here. I could totally see getting into cars again, especially if working for an enthusiast company like Hagerty.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:03 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:57 pm

I saw that job which claims to be based in Idaho of all places for some reason. Still, hoping to connect with some people there to talk about opportunities.

Twisty roads are all over up here. I could totally see getting into cars again, especially if working for an enthusiast company like Hagerty.
Insurance should be cheap. :lol:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:51 pm See how you like it when it's frozen and gray from November through May...
Tell me that again in June, champ. I thought similarly. I was wrong.
wap

:nice: pics, Griff. That's a gorgeous part of the country, for sure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:29 pm Image

Tell Maxx, I said hello.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:17 pm
Detroit wrote: The weather in winter is no different than shitty Detroit...except it actually snows a lot up here. I like winter when there's snow, I'm totally ok with that. Detroit is cold and gray and bleh all winter.
Tell me that again in June, champ. I thought similarly. I was wrong.
True, we'll see...