OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:46 am Gotta go to the grocery store today and re stock. Been nice knowing everyone.
Rip.
I haven't been in over a month. :tits: does it for me. :idbu: I only go for a quick pit stop if we run out of something. Why is the rum always gone? :drunk:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

NeonJonny wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:19 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:46 am Gotta go to the grocery store today and re stock. Been nice knowing everyone.
Rip.
I haven't been in over a month. :tits: does it for me. :idbu: I only go for a quick pit stop if we run out of something. Why is the rum always gone? :drunk:
Mine LOVES going to the store...finds some BS excuse to go nearly every single day it seems.

I refuse. Nothing is that important...I've made sure our booze collection is strong, but also trying to cut back on it too.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Irish wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:49 am
[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:57 pm We strongly suspect the Mrs had it. About two months ago she had the flu, tested and diagnosed, legit flu. Got over it in ten days or so and was fine for a couple weeks. THEN she got something way worse. WAY worse. All the symptoms you read about she had. Kids got sick with all the same stuff but not as bad as she did. I had a light cough and sore throat for about a week. I wouldn't have even noticed I was sick had she not been and this hadn't have been the current situation. She was way sicker than she had been a month before.

She got tested for the flu again and was negative so they tested her for COVID and she was negative for that as well. We found out yesterday the lab that tested her has a false negative rate over 30%. Here we are a month after first symptoms and she's still sick with a dry nagging cough and pretty extreme fatigue.
I pray you all have antibodies now....

I was talking to an acquaintance of mine a few days ago (in his driveway with about 12 feet between us) who is convinced he had it back in December. He had all the symptoms back then and his small son ended up with a bad cold too. Then in February he drove truck with a partner who ended up with symptoms a few days after their trip (to effing NYC).
:deadhorse:
New study investigates California's possible herd immunity to COVID-19
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://ww ... ycO27shC-g
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Irish wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:49 am
[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:57 pm We strongly suspect the Mrs had it. About two months ago she had the flu, tested and diagnosed, legit flu. Got over it in ten days or so and was fine for a couple weeks. THEN she got something way worse. WAY worse. All the symptoms you read about she had. Kids got sick with all the same stuff but not as bad as she did. I had a light cough and sore throat for about a week. I wouldn't have even noticed I was sick had she not been and this hadn't have been the current situation. She was way sicker than she had been a month before.

She got tested for the flu again and was negative so they tested her for COVID and she was negative for that as well. We found out yesterday the lab that tested her has a false negative rate over 30%. Here we are a month after first symptoms and she's still sick with a dry nagging cough and pretty extreme fatigue.

I was talking to an acquaintance of mine a few days ago (in his driveway with about 12 feet between us) who is convinced he had it back in December. He had all the symptoms back then and his small son ended up with a bad cold too. Then in February he drove truck with a partner who ended up with symptoms a few days after their trip (to effing NYC).
I have some friends with similar experiences in the same timeframe. This thing has probably been going around for a while.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I would absolutely say that its been here since late Nov/early Dec from similar accounts I’ve read. It just didn’t need the media attention back then. :iono:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:26 am
NeonJonny wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:19 am

Rip.
Mine LOVES going to the store...finds some BS excuse to go nearly every single day it seems.

I refuse. Nothing is that important...I've made sure our booze collection is strong, but also trying to cut back on it too.
:wtf:
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:46 am :doit:

I haven't had cable TV since moving out of my dad's :haus: and don't miss it at all.
:dat: we cancelled three years ago or so. No ragerts
:dat:

Netflix, Hulu, and Plex Server serves our needs.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
NeonJonny wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:19 am Rip.

Damn. We haven't been past the mailbox in 4 weeks. Starting to get low on both food and booze :doe:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Johnny_P wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dixVghuVC6k

Drone footage of a pretty vacant Philadelphia due to COVID-19. Bike riding has been pretty decent. This must have been shot on a Sunday morning though, def more cars and people than this rn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:therapist:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:18 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:09 pm Man I think I'm so bored I'm not even eating.
You need some frozen pizza bagels in your life
I cannot refute this claim
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:22 am
Detroit wrote: Mine LOVES going to the store...finds some BS excuse to go nearly every single day it seems.

Damn. We haven't been past the mailbox in 4 weeks. Starting to get low on both food and booze :doe:
:doomed:

Wife went to the store the other night just to get cilantro because she NEEDED it. Came back with a bunch of other random shit.

:rolleyes:
Calvinball

Irish wrote:My wife's sisters husband has been diagnosed with this shit. He lives with my 86 year old father in law who has been fighting a bad "cold" for a week. I am hoping his "cold" is actually a milder strain of COVID because otherwise I fear tragedy.
Scary

Calvinball

Irish wrote:

The main account I work on is an airline. I’ve spoken to a number of people, usually flight attendants, who are now remembering having symptoms that seem to fit the covid19 spectrum like back in Jan.

Calvinball

Apex wrote:I would absolutely say that its been here since late Nov/early Dec from similar accounts I’ve read. It just didn’t need the media attention back then. :iono:
No tests = we didn’t know jack. I wonder if there was an increase in just straight up pneumonia diagnoses.

Calvinball

[user not found] wrote:I was managing crisis response at work for the past month or so. This week we are largely past it, which is really nice. But man, now I'm finding tons of stuff in our systems that is just *a little* wrong that needs to be fixed. Real opportunity as it would never get done in a normal world.
I’m hopeful there are positive changes to a lot of industries, especially our healthcare system, as a result of all this.

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

I see your kittens and raise you......penguins!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfcvxhqJ2uE
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

We've been going grocery shopping every week since the apocalypse, sometimes to a couple stores, and things are :fine: . Shelves are pretty well stocked, there are lines on the floor by the checkouts to keep people separated, and shoppers are respecting each others' personal space.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar

I just placed an order from Aldi via Instacart after having to refresh it constantly for a couple of days to get an available delivery time. We'll see how it works out.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:16 am I just placed an order from Aldi via Instacart after having to refresh it constantly for a couple of days to get an available delivery time. We'll see how it works out.
When we looked Instacart was :waxer: compared to going to the store, so we just go to the store.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:23 am
Apex wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:22 am

When we looked Instacart was :waxer: compared to going to the store, so we just go to the store.
Yeah it's like... 20%?
Looks to be about 10-20% depending on what you buy and how much you tip, this order is ~13% assuming it is fulfilled. I wouldn't do it in other circumstances but I'm trying to be a good citizen here.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:31 am
Calvinball wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:04 am
I’m hopeful there are positive changes to a lot of industries, especially our healthcare system, as a result of all this.

One can only hope.

Realistically, we're gonna get four more swamps out of this.
If the dems got behind Bernie and supported him I think they would have a fair shot. But Biden? I don’t think he has a chance.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:34 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:23 am

Yeah it's like... 20%?
Looks to be about 10-20% depending on what you buy and how much you tip, this order is ~13% assuming it is fulfilled. I wouldn't do it in other circumstances but I'm trying to be a good citizen here.
That sounds right. Our first item was a box of pull-ups and they wanted 10 bucks extra on top of a $38 item. So we :nope: out at that point.

I don’t have :[user not found]: money. :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:31 am
Calvinball wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:04 am

One can only hope.

Realistically, we're gonna get four more swamps out of this.
Many things should and need to change, but won't.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Calvinball wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:01 am
Irish wrote:

The main account I work on is an airline. I’ve spoken to a number of people, usually flight attendants, who are now remembering having symptoms that seem to fit the covid19 spectrum like back in Jan.

My sales department had a severe flu outbreak in mid-January, where people ended up going home with the worst flu they'd ever had. It made its way through to my service department and I had several people out. I had a respiratory infection, cough and severely sore throat for a week in mid February.