OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:42 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:39 pm

You always have Tori's MINI for a reliable/new car. It's weird, we are back to the 1940s where one car per family is :thisisfine:
Car has 90k miles on it now, but I've decided that we're gonna keep it until it dies barring total failure of something. :doomed:
90K ain't shit.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:51 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:34 pm

Yeah, $1K/month in taxes is fucking brutal man. That's like 60% of my mortgage payment :mindblown: It's an interesting idea to be sure.

One cool thing as well - I think many people will overtime see the light in what you're talking about. Many companies will likely allow remote work more than they have in the past and people will want to move to nice places to live. If you can get in now prices on housing might go up over time, good opportunity for Infamous if she indeed becomes a realtor.

I think a lot of people are looking to get into real estate now due to all that's happened, so getting creative and moving into a niche market as an "early adopter" might be a good way to get a leg up on the competition. Most people won't think about it that much and will just try to do it wherever they've been - problematic if the area had a lot of laid off people becoming realtors.
Taxes are jumping this year because the city decided to use the garage as an excuse to reassess the entire property. I appealed as far as I could to the state and was just told :stfu:

Honestly, the tax situation is what has sent me over the edge...final appeal decision came back last week. That much is absolutely insane for what we actually use, and I just can't justify it anymore.

The point of moving would be to reduce costs DRASTICALLY. We have an opportunity to buy a fixer upper for significantly less than our house would sell for, so we could take the proceeds to buy my truck out and fix the house up they way we want AND have cash left over to invest in some ways. Taxes are a quarter of what we pay now, and the mortgage would be cheap. With low total monthly obligation, :tits: doesn't need to sell 30 houses a year, and I don't NEED to work :waxer: stress jobs to make ends meet, so if I get axed, it's not the end of the world.
I mean... I think it sounds pretty good.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:53 pm
Taxes are jumping this year because the city decided to use the garage as an excuse to reassess the entire property. I appealed as far as I could to the state and was just told :stfu:

Honestly, the tax situation is what has sent me over the edge...final appeal decision came back last week. That much is absolutely insane for what we actually use, and I just can't justify it anymore.

The point of moving would be to reduce costs DRASTICALLY. We have an opportunity to buy a fixer upper for significantly less than our house would sell for, so we could take the proceeds to buy my truck out and fix the house up they way we want AND have cash left over to invest in some ways. Taxes are a quarter of what we pay now, and the mortgage would be cheap. With low total monthly obligation, :tits: doesn't need to sell 30 houses a year, and I don't NEED to work :waxer: stress jobs to make ends meet, so if I get axed, it's not the end of the world.
Wait, is :tits: now a haus :dillerman: ?
That's the plan. She's done with the "school" portion, but testing centers are closed in Michigan due to COVID, so she can't get her official license yet. She's always been miserable in office settings, so she's taking the opportunity to change.

At minimum, she'll be able to help us save commission on the sale of our current house. But she'll be getting into :dillerman: once we figure out the area to settle in. She's really well suited for the business, and if we're in a position where we don't NEED her income, she can build the business the right way without pressure. I could see it growing to something I do as well, we both really enjoy real estate for some reason.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:59 pm

We'll see...we're going to rent the house for a month or so to start just to see if it's a viable option.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:08 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:59 pm

We'll see...we're going to rent the house for a month or so to start just to see if it's a viable option.
:nice: way to give it a whirl.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I'm giving away the hot tub. We aren't really a fan of them and its 10 yrs old. A guy with four helpers and a truck is on the way, turns out I probably could have still gotten money for it but glad to see it go. These dudes apparently know how to move a hot tub so maybe they are going to resell or whatnot
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:37 pm I'm giving away the hot tub. We aren't really a fan of them and its 10 yrs old. A guy with four helpers and a truck is on the way, turns out I probably could have still gotten money for it but glad to see it go. These dudes apparently know how to move a hot tub so maybe they are going to resell or whatnot
I'm ready to give ours away to someone that can safely remove it without damaging my house.

At first we loved it, but after 2 years it really is a waste of space and power. Can't/wouldn't want to use it in the summer, and maintenance is a chore that I don't need.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I have cleared out my inbox. :fuckyeah:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:45 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:37 pm I'm giving away the hot tub. We aren't really a fan of them and its 10 yrs old. A guy with four helpers and a truck is on the way, turns out I probably could have still gotten money for it but glad to see it go. These dudes apparently know how to move a hot tub so maybe they are going to resell or whatnot
I'm ready to give ours away to someone that can safely remove it without damaging my house.

At first we loved it, but after 2 years it really is a waste of space and power. Can't/wouldn't want to use it in the summer, and maintenance is a chore that I don't need.
15 minutes later I had five prospective takers and one lady who says she'll pay $500 if the pickup person doesn't show.

It might be worth posting on :crang: slist and see what happens.

They are nasty, and the power draw if :fullretard: , a 7.5hp motor vs a pool pump with a 0.75hp motor. I'm out and not looking back.
Apex

Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub Spa, Green & White https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00NB3P98G/ ... jFbE5MB054

:dat: looks like a :scrooge: way to hot tub.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I want a hot tub. Don't even need the jets, just a small hot pool. Feels fantastic on my neck/shoulders.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub Spa, Green & White https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00NB3P98G/ ... jFbE5MB054

Fill :truk: bed with water.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:56 pm Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub Spa, Green & White https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00NB3P98G/ ... jFbE5MB054

We had friends buy this and they said it doesn't work well in the winter? Which is a big draw for a hot tub to me.

:tits: wants one bad, but I'm just not into the cost and maintenance hassle.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I’d much rather buy a sauna than a hot tub. That’s definitely something I plan on doing once I buy a house down the road.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:00 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:56 pm Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub Spa, Green & White https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00NB3P98G/ ... jFbE5MB054

We had friends buy this and they said it doesn't work well in the winter? Which is a big draw for a hot tub to me.

:iono: only person I know with it got it this summer so no winter reviews yet.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:59 pm
Apex wrote:Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub Spa, Green & White https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00NB3P98G/ ... jFbE5MB054

Fill :truk: bed with water.
:mahman:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The above ground hot tub. The only thing that depreciates faster and lower than a BMW.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:14 pm
The above ground hot tub. The only thing that depreciates faster and lower than a BMW.
Wife almost paid $600 to have it removed before I intervened. :impressive:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I really enjoy hot tubs but they definitely fall into that category of "it's better to know someone with one than own it yourself".
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:53 pm I have cleared out my inbox. :fuckyeah:
:mindblown:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex

1 hour until the out of office goes up and I kick back for a week. :megusta:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

This thing is going to take a beating by the time they get it on a truck, going show lol

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:01 pm This thing is going to take a beating by the time they get it on a truck, going show lol

:aintcare:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:13 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:01 pm This thing is going to take a beating by the time they get it on a truck, going show lol

:aintcare:
:dat:
Take it and go
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:00 pm

Anything 110v will not get hot and run any jets.

Even for a 220v unit you need 50A to run most tub's for heating and jets and any LED lights. 30A will heat with jets off and run jets with heater off.