OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:56 pm If I catch the 'vid I can't be there when my kid is born.

So I wear a mask any time I'm outside, and I cross the street when I'm walking the dog and someone comes towards me.

And I wear a mask when I'm standing in line to go inside the grocery store.

Shame me all you want, IDGAF, I want to be there for my wife and my child.
When’s the kiddo popping out, Johnny? Should be in the next couple of months/weeks, right?
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:24 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:21 pm

I disagree.

There's plenty of mindless weirdos here that actually wear the mask when they are in the car ALONE.

:wtf:

You have to love it to go to that level, IMO... I laugh and point, and will start taking pics of them. Some people are so afraid and believe any bullshit they hear on the news.
I have never understood the car mask wearers other than a generalized belief that they are too lazy to take it on and off.
Only time I’ll do that is when I’m doing Uber and the drives are short enough to warrant it. Otherwise I can’t stand it while I’m driving.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:56 pm If I catch the 'vid I can't be there when my kid is born.

So I wear a mask any time I'm outside, and I cross the street when I'm walking the dog and someone comes towards me.

What a loser.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

razr390 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:59 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:14 pm

I guess if we begged/bribed people from the wife's work to do stuff then we might be able to do something occasionally, to the tune of at least $100 an evening because NY prices, but otherwise we both just sit home by ourselves. It's generally fine but sometimes it would be nice to have a social life beyond this forum. This place is normally my only social interaction of any kind.
I 100% never hang out with or go out with people from work. I know some might be able to or maybe you have a good friend, but when I’m at home I don’t like to be reminded of work. I would get invited to a bunch of poker nightA, game nights, etc back in DC and I’d never go.
I mean that people from work are the only people we know within 100 miles, so if we were to ever do anything with anyone then it would be with them. But we don't.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Naw breh, you're on the high ground there. You are the Shamer. Frankly I agree with your position because if everybody did that this shit would be under control. Like rationing gas, sugar and other fun stuff in WWII. Unpleasant, but you're not going to win that without a national effort. I can basically avoid crowded indoor spaces so I do. Grocery store/Costco? Late afternoon or evening. Everybody seemingly just has to "get that stuff done" in the morning? So you can get home and turn on the game? Nope.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:50 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:40 pm

:dat:
But most people with more than a double-digit IQ wear them anyway.
Yep. People just like to say "I don't like wearing a mask"................which is sort of a No Shit Sherlock add on. Nobody gives a fuck that you don't like wearing a mask. I don't either. Just do your fucking job and shut the fuck up and stay the fuck away from me. If people started doing their job in March we'd be in good shape by now. But no. Don't like wearing a mask/need to be a social butterfly/tired of all of this...........and then we get to the freedom/Trump retards. America is soft AF.
:dat:
:bravo:
Yep. So much :| and :rage: at the :pout: Trumptards.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I will be heading down to put our 16 year old black lab to sleep this afternoon. Kick ass dog. It is simply time as the back wheels have pretty much given out. Never a good day.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Totally understandable, and reasonable.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:03 pm

Naw breh, you're on the high ground there. You are the Shamer. Frankly I agree with your position because if everybody did that this shit would be under control. Like rationing gas, sugar and other fun stuff in WWII. Unpleasant, but you're not going to win that without a national effort. I can basically avoid crowded indoor spaces so I do. Grocery store/Costco? Late afternoon or evening. Everybody seemingly just has to "get that stuff done" in the morning? So you can get home and turn on the game? Nope.
We do our grocery shopping in the evening for this reason.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:06 pm I will be heading down to put our 16 year old black lab to sleep this afternoon. Kick ass dog. It is simply time as the back wheels have pretty much given out. Never a good day.
:(
Poor :doge:
Sorry you have to do this, but when it's time, it's definitely the right thing to do. It's what we sign up for when we become pet owners. Never easy, :doe:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:09 pm

My favorite are the people who just can't quite wait for you to be done at the checkout before they start violating your zone..........people did this before COVID, but now I just tell them "I'm not done yet, GTFO."
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:10 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:06 pm I will be heading down to put our 16 year old black lab to sleep this afternoon. Kick ass dog. It is simply time as the back wheels have pretty much given out. Never a good day.
:(
Poor :doge:
Sorry you have to do this, but when it's time, it's definitely the right thing to do. It's what we sign up for when we become pet owners. Never easy, :doe:
It is not.
Apex

Sorry to hear, breh. But you’re making the tough right call.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:00 pm

When’s the kiddo popping out, Johnny? Should be in the next couple of months/weeks, right?
August 11 due date. Getting close.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:14 pm

Dat gestation.
Johnny_P

I’m sorry buddy. That sucks.
Johnny_P

I’ve been going an hour before the store closes. Usually pretty empty. Downside is lower stock generally.
Apex

Getting there!!
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:16 pm

Dat gestation.
All organs are there, he’s just fattening up at this point.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:11 pm

My favorite are the people who just can't quite wait for you to be done at the checkout before they start violating your zone..........people did this before COVID, but now I just tell them "I'm not done yet, GTFO."
Haven't seen much of that, thankfully. What gets me :triggered: are the mongoloids who wear their mask just over their mouth, leaving their nose exposed. Idiots don't know how breathing works.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:19 pm

I’ve been going an hour before the store closes. Usually pretty empty. Downside is lower stock generally.
Yea, price worth paying overall, IMO.
Apex

wap wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:20 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:11 pm

Haven't seen much of that, thankfully. What gets me :triggered: are the mongoloids who wear their mask just over their mouth, leaving their nose exposed. Idiots don't know how breathing works.
They’re mouth breathers.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:16 pm
I’m sorry buddy. That sucks.
She's made it a year longer than I ever thought she would. Its just time.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Dang :( hugs bro
wap

Apex wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:25 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:20 pm

They’re mouth breathers.
:disgust: