OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:19 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:14 pm

Yeah that’s a significant chunk to lose especially combined with :tits: loss of income. She’s getting TrumpBux at least right?
I took a hit as a business owner, 80% income loss, then it eased to 50% and now I'm sitting pretty with a 25% decrease. It hasn't been horrible :doe: , we were overspending on everything and managed to identify most of it and tone things down. Kind of a good life lesson that we can live with much less spending on stupid crap.
We can all benefit from that.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:25 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:14 pm

Yeah that’s a significant chunk to lose especially combined with :tits: loss of income. She’s getting TrumpBux at least right?
She's been getting trumpbux since April, so she's on borrowed time there.

We'll be at 50% of where we were in January when her trumpbux run out.

Have plenty of cash to blow though, but it's making me nervous.
In August TB will be our only source of income. And I'll be paying for Obamacare with a fresh baby. If I don't find something. So I'm a little worried too.
Actually the 6 hunnit runs out next month so TB won't be a thing, just regular funemployment.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:26 pm

I took a hit as a business owner, 80% income loss, then it eased to 50% and now I'm sitting pretty with a 25% decrease. It hasn't been horrible :doe: , we were overspending on everything and managed to identify most of it and tone things down. Kind of a good life lesson that we can live with much less spending on stupid crap.
I'm wondering if it sticks?! I could get used to not working more then I do right now. Kind of doubt it :ohwell:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:26 pm

Not being a free spending douchebag has been refreshing.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:08 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:42 pm

Not being a free spending douchebag has been refreshing.
:dat:

Kinda nice just to be a regular douchebag
:dat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Three day weekend. :fuckyeah:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I feel like I’ve bought more shit due to boredom:

1 :jeep:
Bunch of bike parts
:poorvette: stuff
About to buy tires
Etc
Apex

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:43 pm I feel like I’ve bought more shit due to boredom:

1 :jeep:
Bunch of bike parts
:poorvette: stuff
About to buy tires
Etc
We’ve bought stuff due to TrumpBux. :iono:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

We bought diapers.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Apex wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:11 pm Three day weekend. :fuckyeah:
Four here. :drunk: But will I accomplish anything ? Absolutely not.
Apex

NeonJonny wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:36 am
Four here. :drunk: But will I accomplish anything ? Absolutely not.
:mahman:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:59 am Good morning y'all
:hai:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Woke up early :fuckyeah:

Fell back asleep. :disappoint:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Every weekend is 3-day weekend here.

The thought of going back to 5 days/week :disgust:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

4zilch wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:44 am

it does kinda suck going from 4 days back to 5 but jerb in dream area was worth it
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Father's Day this weekend, going to have our parents come over for a pool party. We are preparing schnitzel, potato salad, adding a leafy 🥗 like Greek I think, and ordering pizza, MIL is baking dessert :drool: I worked three night shifts this week and picked up a fat paycheck for three somewhat busy weeks of work so we are going to :troywax: on Margaret the cleaning lady before everyone comes... the house is a mess and my wife and I don't feel like scrubbing toilets and floors. It should be a fun time :doe: . My dad likes his scotch whiskey so I'll go pick up a nice bottle and more beer, we will probably get :drunk:

So much for being frugal, :ohwell:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:hai: gang
Apex

4zilch wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:44 am

I’m going to take every Friday in August off... because I can. :lol: 4 day work weeks are nice.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:12 am
Apex wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:10 am

I’m going to take every Friday in August off... because I can. :lol: 4 day work weeks are nice.
1) that's a fantastic idea
2) at a previous company I had an employee.in Canada who was allowed Infinite rollover of PTO. She never took PTO. HR called me one day and she had like 500 hours or something. They made an agreement with her that she would work 4 day weeks for a year and a half to burn it down.
Dude... I don't know why I care but I hate people that don't use PTO ever, like :wtf:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:49 am Father's Day this weekend, going to have our parents come over for a pool party. We are preparing schnitzel, potato salad, adding a leafy 🥗 like Greek I think, and ordering pizza, MIL is baking dessert :drool: I worked three night shifts this week and picked up a fat paycheck for three somewhat busy weeks of work so we are going to :troywax: on Margaret the cleaning lady before everyone comes... the house is a mess and my wife and I don't feel like scrubbing toilets and floors. It should be a fun time :doe: . My dad likes his scotch whiskey so I'll go pick up a nice bottle and more beer, we will probably get :drunk:

:notbad:

Sounds like a fun time. We are going to Destin, FL for the week. We will leave tomorrow morning, stop over in Birmingham tomorrow night and then be there for a week. I took off MOnday/Tuesday but couldn't swing the rest of the week as it's quarter end which is :fullretard: in sales. It's too bad as I have zero shot at getting a commission check so I just have to pretend to give a shit about a quarter end push. :ohwell: should be fun. This will be my first time leaving the state really since February, I think the longest I've been here consecutively since like... 2013.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:00 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:34 am

Dude... I don't know why I care but I hate people that don't use PTO ever, like :wtf:
She loved her job and really didn't have anything else going on in her life. Not how I go about things but it sorta made sense for her.
This is me. I'm not at the 500 hour level, but if we had unlimited rollover, I'd be rolling 200+ hours this year I imagine.

:tits: has way less vacation time than me and I'm not all about just taking off for the sake of taking off.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:38 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:49 am Father's Day this weekend, going to have our parents come over for a pool party. We are preparing schnitzel, potato salad, adding a leafy 🥗 like Greek I think, and ordering pizza, MIL is baking dessert :drool: I worked three night shifts this week and picked up a fat paycheck for three somewhat busy weeks of work so we are going to :troywax: on Margaret the cleaning lady before everyone comes... the house is a mess and my wife and I don't feel like scrubbing toilets and floors. It should be a fun time :doe: . My dad likes his scotch whiskey so I'll go pick up a nice bottle and more beer, we will probably get :drunk:

Sounds like a fun time. We are going to Destin, FL for the week. We will leave tomorrow morning, stop over in Birmingham tomorrow night and then be there for a week. I took off MOnday/Tuesday but couldn't swing the rest of the week as it's quarter end which is :fullretard: in sales. It's too bad as I have zero shot at getting a commission check so I just have to pretend to give a shit about a quarter end push. :ohwell: should be fun. This will be my first time leaving the state really since February, I think the longest I've been here consecutively since like... 2013.
Nice man. I loved Destin when I went last year. Would definitely go spend another week there.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:34 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:12 am

1) that's a fantastic idea
2) at a previous company I had an employee.in Canada who was allowed Infinite rollover of PTO. She never took PTO. HR called me one day and she had like 500 hours or something. They made an agreement with her that she would work 4 day weeks for a year and a half to burn it down.
I hardly ever used all of my vacation time. I usually forfeited a few days every year. They encouraged you to take it but looked down on you when you did. Company would hire private detectives to follow you around if you requested multiple weeks and such.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Yeah sucks but there are perks to ZFG work feels. Is FL closing down the beaches again? I heard that they are going to make some moves to curb the 'VID since people are passing it around it like the flu 😜
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:56 am

Yeah sucks but there are perks to ZFG work feels. Is FL closing down the beaches again? I heard that they are going to make some moves to curb the 'VID since people are passing it around it like the flu 😜
I have heard that too... That would sort of suck but we'll see. At least it'll be a change of scenery.

I don't understand the beach thing, that is the last place I'd be worried about. Eating at a restaurant is somehow :thisisfine: according to the US .gov but being outside on a vast beach is somehow :triggered: