Apex wrote:
What do we want?
Cold air!
When do we want it?
Now!
Buncha blowhards in here. It's all hot air :doe:
:hue:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:36 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:23 pm

The cops kill more whites than blacks annually, some years it’s double. So, that’s fine?
Or are we only concerned about the socio-economic issues that purvey the plight of minority communities?
1) on a % of population far more black men are killed by police than white men
2) black men are killed by police at a far higher frequency by police when no crime has been committed
3) As the black community had been structurally gutted by the socioeconomic policies that you refer to (intentionally racist practices) and the police enforce white norms of good behavior in a capitalist society, the unjustified killing of a black man is far more than an incident, it's part of a system of repression. You can't take one part of it and not the others.
What are white norms of good behavior? Honest question.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:23 pm

The cops kill more whites than blacks annually, some years it’s double. So, that’s fine?
Or are we only concerned about the socio-economic issues that purvey the plight of minority communities?
2) black men are killed by police at a far higher frequency by police when no crime has been committed
3) As the black community had been structurally gutted by the socioeconomic policies that you refer to (intentionally racist practices) and the police enforce white norms of good behavior in a capitalist society, the unjustified killing of a black man is far more than an incident, it's part of a system of repression. You can't take one part of it and not the others.
I learned from one of my black friends today that she never leaves her house at the same time, and never goes for a run on the same route. To avoid confrontation or a beating from racists that live in her neighborhood. Imagine living in constant fear like that.

Same lady, today she was in a Wegmans shopping. And a white lady kept staring her down. So she asked “can I help you?” The response was, “you people don’t know how to act.”

The system is broken.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:46 pm

I learned from one of my black friends today that she never leaves her house at the same time, and never goes for a run on the same route. To avoid confrontation or a beating from racists that live in her neighborhood. Imagine living in constant fear like that.

Same lady, today she was in a Wegmans shopping. And a white lady kept staring her down. So she asked “can I help you?” The response was, “you people don’t know how to act.”

The system is broken.
:(
:facepalm:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:59 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:40 pm

What are white norms of good behavior? Honest question.
Easy example is drugs. In the 1980s crack was identified as a drug of special interest for enforcement. This meant longer prison terms, harsher police tactics, etc. etc. Well at the same time Cocaine was HUGELY popular with rich white people. Little secret, crack and cocaine are the same drug. Just different methods of ingestion. So huge numbers of black men ended up in jail on crack charges while their white counterparts weren't ever arrested.

Drugs aren't the only example - hair style restrictions in high school is a particularly nasty one. Schools implement restrictions on hair styles that are defacto white hair styles (remember hair STRUCTURE is different between races). So the rule says you have to to X but your hair can't do that without super harsh chemical straighteners so you go in with Y. Y gets you suspended and you miss learning opportunities and your grades suffer and you can't get employed etc. etc.
Makes sense for me, thanks.

I remember being :mindblown: at the structural differences in hair between races a few years ago.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:01 pm

The system is broken.
I don't ever have to think about my safety. Ever.

When I got pulled over a few months ago the cop was apologizing to me for the inconvenience. Would a POC ever experience that?
My cousin is black. He’s adopted. He was driving with my brother in NOLA. He got stopped for DWB and hassled for about an hour for absolutely no reason. No infractions no tickets no nothing.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:46 pm I learned from one of my black friends today that she never leaves her house at the same time, and never goes for a run on the same route. To avoid confrontation or a beating from racists that live in her neighborhood. Imagine living in constant fear like that.

The system is broken.

When I got pulled over a few months ago the cop was apologizing to me for the inconvenience. Would a POC ever experience that?
:dat:

I'm a tiny 140 lb dude who never carries a weapon and have never been in any real danger except for my own stupid choices to be out on race tracks. Life is easy for me. It might not be amazing, but it's easy.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:16 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:08 pm

Makes sense for me, thanks.

I remember being :mindblown: at the structural differences in hair between races a few years ago.
Sure! The war on drugs is just such a huge piece of this whole puzzle.

First incarceration...

And as incarceration grows the police have evidence they need more military gear and more ability to infringe on rights because crime went up (it hasn't at all, the rules just changed).

Then prisons cost more to run so cities sell them to for profit companies which then charge prisoners for being there while cutting access to basic services which leads to debt and health issues all of which leads to...

Huge racial wealth disparities. All over a joint that a black teenager is arrested over and we would have gotten a lecture over.
Don’t get me started on the bullshit around prisons.

Another black friend of mine. Had a years old marijuana charge against him in Montgomery county, he paid most of it but never paid it fully off. We are talking about $250 here. He’s poor and can barely pay rent and has no savings because minimum wage. Last year got pulled over while driving through montco for DWB. Cops ran his info found an unpaid charge LOCKED HIM THE FUCK UP. Nobody knew where he was for days. Prison system is horrific to navigate but I eventually found his ass. He had a summary meeting scheduled in 2 months. I called up montco paid the $250 got him out. But they were going to have him sit around for two fucking months.

Know what happens if you don’t pay rent for 2 months? Know what happens if you don’t show up to your job for 2 months? Let’s assume you’re innocent. Ok you’re free to go! (Go home to a broken life with an eviction notice and no job.)
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:28 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:16 pm

Sure! The war on drugs is just such a huge piece of this whole puzzle.

First incarceration...

And as incarceration grows the police have evidence they need more military gear and more ability to infringe on rights because crime went up (it hasn't at all, the rules just changed).

Then prisons cost more to run so cities sell them to for profit companies which then charge prisoners for being there while cutting access to basic services which leads to debt and health issues all of which leads to...

Huge racial wealth disparities. All over a joint that a black teenager is arrested over and we would have gotten a lecture over.

Another black friend of mine. Had a years old marijuana charge against him in Montgomery county, he paid most of it but never paid it fully off. We are talking about $250 here. He’s poor and can barely pay rent and has no savings because minimum wage. Last year got pulled over while driving through montco for DWB. Cops ran his info found an unpaid charge LOCKED HIM THE FUCK UP. Nobody knew where he was for days. Prison system is horrific to navigate but I eventually found his ass. He had a summary meeting scheduled in 2 months. I called up montco paid the $250 got him out. But they were going to have him sit around for two fucking months.

Know what happens if you don’t pay rent for 2 months? Know what happens if you don’t show up to your job for 2 months? Let’s assume you’re innocent. Ok you’re free to go! (Go home to a broken life with an eviction notice and no job.)
That’s fucked.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:28 pm Don’t get me started on the bullshit around prisons.

For 250 fucking dollars
Apparently George Floyd was killed over an allegedly fake $20 bill. I'd love to hear whether it was even fake... not that it really matters.
Apex

If anyone was wondering, planks with a 31lb toddler on your back are way harder than normal planks. :lol:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:38 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:28 pm

That’s fucked.
That unfortunately is reality if you are a young black man in this country.

Want to ruin a black mans life? Say you were raped. It doesn’t matter if it’s true. Because raped by a black man will mean police bust in guns drawn warrant no warrant nobody gives a fuck, put you in the slammer with a $5k bail that neither you nor your mom nor your entire family can afford to pay. You’re there for 1 month before your summary hearing where the judge hears the charges and some initial discussions and immediately drops half of them. Ok now no bail you have house arrest.

Assuming you are still employed after a month of fucking off at least you can WFH. Your trial is in 2 months. Now you need a lawyer. Surprise motherfucker a lawyer is $10g’s. You ain’t got that because you’re a poor black man remember? So you get your mom to leverage the house and get a loan for attorney services and pay that shit off for the rest of your life even if you are innocent.

Meanwhile your ankle bracelet loses connection with the police systems. So police bust up into your home 5 cars deep and take you in for violating house arrest. Or you were on the bus coming home and on track to make your curfew when the bus gets detoured. You miss your curfew by 5 minutes. And again cops roll 5 deep and lock you up. Each time they do this remember they’re coming at you guns drawn screaming at you because you’re a poor black man remember.

This is a true story.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:51 pm If anyone was wondering, planks with a 31lb toddler on your back are way harder than normal planks. :lol:
:impressive:
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

Guys, wtf is happening to our country right now?
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

09vdubgti wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:08 pm Guys, wtf is happening to our country right now?
People are pissed. Other people are pissed that those people are pissed. One jackass is adding fuel to the fires.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

09vdubgti wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:08 pm Guys, wtf is happening to our country right now?
stuff and things
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:27 pm
People are pissed. Other people are pissed that those people are pissed. One jackass is adding fuel to the fires.
:fax:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

And we're not even in November yet. Can't wait for POTUS to claim the election was a fraud if he somehow loses. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

[user not found] wrote:I'll stand by a comment I made to some folks the other day, what's happening right now is a good thing. Positive change comes through periods of turmoil. Maybe we (white people) are starting to get it.
I am inclined to agree with you. I don’t know if it is that most of us are still quarantined or what, but I have never seen such a broad amount of (vocal) support for the movement on social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:24 am I'll stand by a comment I made to some folks the other day, what's happening right now is a good thing. Positive change comes through periods of turmoil. Maybe we (white people) are starting to get it.
At least covid isn’t an issue anymore, so we have that going for us. :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:14 am
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:24 am I'll stand by a comment I made to some folks the other day, what's happening right now is a good thing. Positive change comes through periods of turmoil. Maybe we (white people) are starting to get it.
Yea, we cured that pretty fast!

MI is opening up a bunch next week, apparently all is good now!

:rolleyes:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Apex wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:14 am
That does worry me a bit. Memorial Day weekend and these protests are posing to be huge potentials for this virus to flourish.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:01 pm

The system is broken.

We just got back from a walk through our neighborhood. Wife and I talked about the exact same thing.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I generally don’t ever worry about my safety. I can recognize that different experiences in my youth where I was jumped and had gun pulled on me “for being white” aren’t the norm.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Cop buddy in Seattle spent his whole shift last night under fire (rocks, glass bottles, and actual gun fire) from protestors. Nobody in his unit was shot, sounds like they managed to avoid having to shoot anyone too.