OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:04 am The police here have decided to start protesting with the protesters. It seems to be working pretty well, no violence of looting in our direct area, but plenty of "demonstrating".
:fuckyeah:
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

[user not found] wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:06 am https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... -use-masks

oh, I'm shocked the advice has changed again.
:caspian: :fax:
Yeah it sucks to continue to learn more.
Learning really is the worst.

Source: My 14-year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:04 am The police here have decided to start protesting with the protesters. It seems to be working pretty well, no violence of looting in our direct area, but plenty of "demonstrating".
Go figure, when people feel heard they don't feel a need to escalate. Shocking.
Right? I thought it was pretty neat. Proud of my local area for being more collaborative than combative.

Detroit is a different thing, though...and I wonder how things will develop there. Lots of angry people and a police department that's already spread thin.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Wocka Wocka wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:06 pm
[user not found] wrote:

Being dumb sure is easier, and you can make it all the way to POTUS without actually learning anything so school is for fools!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:58 pm
Go figure, when people feel heard they don't feel a need to escalate. Shocking.
Armed national guard troops are now protecting the Rizzo statue. Because Philadelphia hears you :wub:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:57 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:06 am https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... -use-masks

Yea. so you going to keep wearing that mask in public? :lol:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:18 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:13 pm

Armed national guard troops are now protecting the Rizzo statue. Because Philadelphia hears you :wub:
You know my opinion of that fucking thing.

I should move to Philly, run for mayor, win, rip that fucking thing down on day one, then quit.
What is a "Rizzo statue"?
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:17 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:13 pm
Being dumb sure is easier, and you can make it all the way to POTUS without actually learning anything so school is for fools!
There's been a murder and I'm the victim and Chris is the perpetrator and humor was the weapon.
:amazing:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:20 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:18 pm

Yea. so you going to keep wearing that mask in public? :lol:
If I'm not required to by the business, no I won't unless I see someone that should be that isn't. Then the N95 goes right on.

Changing recommendations are a good thing, not a bad one. Don't be a simpleton.
:notbad:
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:bruh:
The beauty of :science: is that it's willing to adapt and change as it learns more. When practiced properly, it's not dogmatic.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:57 pm

:dat:
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:13 pm

I should move to Philly, run for mayor, win, rip that fucking thing down on day one, then quit.
Just googled this fucker. Why is there even a statue of him in the first place? :wtf: :|
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:13 pm
Wocka Wocka wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:06 pm

There's obviously enough other fools voting for their own. :disappoint:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:24 pm
What is a "Rizzo statue"?
Frank Rizzo was a police commissioner and mayor of Philadelphia but mostly he was human scum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Rizzo
As mayor, Rizzo was a strong opponent of desegregation of Philadelphia's schools, and prevented the construction of public housing in majority-white neighborhoods.[1] While running for a third term, Rizzo urged supporters to "Vote White".[2][3] During his tenure as police commissioner and mayor, the Philadelphia police department engaged in patterns of police brutality, intimidation, coercion, and disregard for constitutional rights.[4][5] The patterns of police brutality were documented in a Pulitzer-Prize winning Philadelphia Inquirer series by William K. Marimow and Jon Neuman.[6]
Sounds like a great guy. Definitely protect that statue.

:rolleyes: :butwhy:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:35 pm

Just googled this fucker. Why is there even a statue of him in the first place? :wtf: :|
Detroit had a similar douche mayor in the same time period...Cobo.

The main exhibition center downtown was named after him, and had been for as long as I could remember.

Last year, the city decided to drum up some funds by selling naming rights to it. The current mayor (who absolutely rocks) spun it as removing a dark racist spot in Detroit's history. The current mayor is white in a majority black city and is loved by many for not caring about skin color and focusing on solving problems. I wish more politicians were like him.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:44 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:26 pm

Frank Rizzo was a police commissioner and mayor of Philadelphia but mostly he was human scum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Rizzo
As mayor, Rizzo was a strong opponent of desegregation of Philadelphia's schools, and prevented the construction of public housing in majority-white neighborhoods.[1] While running for a third term, Rizzo urged supporters to "Vote White".[2][3] During his tenure as police commissioner and mayor, the Philadelphia police department engaged in patterns of police brutality, intimidation, coercion, and disregard for constitutional rights.[4][5] The patterns of police brutality were documented in a Pulitzer-Prize winning Philadelphia Inquirer series by William K. Marimow and Jon Neuman.[6]
Sounds like a great guy. Definitely protect that statue.

:rolleyes: :butwhy:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.philly ... e/%3famp=1
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

There are 15-20 protesters outside the police station in Corning right now plus a camera crew. That's a lot of people for a 10k pop middle of nowhere town that must be 99% white/AZN folks. Almost 0.2% of the population.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:21 pm I'll tell you what really pisses me off, people intentionally checking out "oh it's too depressing." No, you're a fucking racist and don't want a mirror held up to you or you are a racist, don't want to be one but also don't want to change or do any self introspection.
Guess I’m a racist. I don’t want to see any more destruction to our people and cities.
The burning of the police station was a perfect message. Now we have chaos.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:04 pm There are 15-20 protesters outside the police station in Corning right now plus a camera crew. That's a lot of people for a 10k pop middle of nowhere town that must be 99% white/AZN folks. Almost 0.2% of the population.
Ride down and join them! 😀
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:08 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:21 pm I'll tell you what really pisses me off, people intentionally checking out "oh it's too depressing." No, you're a fucking racist and don't want a mirror held up to you or you are a racist, don't want to be one but also don't want to change or do any self introspection.
Guess I’m a racist. I don’t want to see any more destruction to our people and cities.
I have run out of fucks. I still care and want things to be equal and change, but when I got mad about the militarization of police and the more frequent shootings back in 2008 to 2012 I was 'extreme'. 'un American'. 'liberal bullshit'

so, I hope things change. based on history I'm not confident they will
brain go brrrrrr
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:48 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:35 pm

Detroit had a similar douche mayor in the same time period...Cobo.

The main exhibition center downtown was named after him, and had been for as long as I could remember.

Last year, the city decided to drum up some funds by selling naming rights to it. The current mayor (who absolutely rocks) spun it as removing a dark racist spot in Detroit's history. The current mayor is white in a majority black city and is loved by many for not caring about skin color and focusing on solving problems. I wish more politicians were like him.
:notbad:
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:23 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:08 pm

I have run out of fucks. I still care and want things to be equal and change, but when I got mad about the militarization of police and the more frequent shootings back in 2008 to 2012 I was 'extreme'. 'un American'. 'liberal bullshit'

Zero outcry for Dave Patrick Underwood. Guess a black officer being gunned down during the protests isn’t news worthy.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Apex wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:23 pm I have run out of fucks. I still care and want things to be equal and change, but when I got mad about the militarization of police and the more frequent shootings back in 2008 to 2012 I was 'extreme'. 'un American'. 'liberal bullshit'

Zero outcry for Dave Patrick Underwood. Guess a black officer being gunned down during the protests isn’t news worthy.
Doesn't fit the narrative. Keep on moving.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:38 pm
Apex wrote:
Doesn't fit the narrative. Keep on moving.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Cops kill black man: bad
Cops kill white man: zfg
Black kills black: zfg

I think I have that right?
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:04 pm There are 15-20 protesters outside the police station in Corning right now plus a camera crew. That's a lot of people for a 10k pop middle of nowhere town that must be 99% white/AZN folks. Almost 0.2% of the population.
Ride down and join them! Image
:yeahok:

I'll post on the internet, I'll vote, I'll "honk for George" or whatever their signs said, but I ain't about to put myself and others in danger by standing out there.