OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:52 pm Listening to the SAPD scanner and apparently shit is hitting the fan here after a 4 hour peaceful protest. Most of the peaceful folks went home and the shitheads decided to linger and break shit.

:thisisfine:
I just got caught up on CNN's coverage and I'm amazed and how bad things look. I really hope the country is able to get on its feet and fix some of the underlying issues that it's been facing, namely racism. It is on a different level every time I've ever crossed the border.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

razr390 wrote:Listening to the SAPD scanner and apparently shit is hitting the fan here after a 4 hour peaceful protest. Most of the peaceful folks went home and the shitheads decided to linger and break shit.

Riots in Harrisburg here. Not a whole lot of specifics to go around at this point.

Two officers hospitalized, unknown extent of injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Wocka Wocka wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:54 pm
Tarspin wrote:
My life is boring but I find the best way to make money is to just get out there and hustle with the other schmucks at 6am.

Saving 10k in a year is :impressive: but there's now way in hell I'm empathetic about sweaty :balls: if OP doesn't just fork out the $500 for a window unit in at least one room in his house.
Boring is different than miserable. I certainly don’t lead an incredibly exciting one, but I make the most of it.

I guess some people get off on miserableness. :iono:

There's some genius to Troy's thoughts and actions but there's a time to be righteous and a time to just say fk it! It will get pretty daym hot this summer, even in Cornhole NY and fixing it doesn't require some elaborate construction or costly installation to achieve. :iono:
Last edited by Tar on Sat May 30, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

Tarspin wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:54 pm Boring is different than miserable. I certainly don’t lead an incredibly exciting one, but I make the most of it.

I guess some people get off on miserableness. :iono:

There's some genius to Troy's thoughts and actions but there's a time to be righteous and a time to just say fk it! This will get pretty daym hot this summer, even in Cornhole NY and it doesn't require some elaborate construction or costly installation to achieve. :iono:
Same. There is a solution to his problem here.

No way I’d sweat my balls off if I had the means to not.

razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:55 pm
razr390 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:52 pm Listening to the SAPD scanner and apparently shit is hitting the fan here after a 4 hour peaceful protest. Most of the peaceful folks went home and the shitheads decided to linger and break shit.

I just got caught up on CNN's coverage and I'm amazed and how bad things look. I really hope the country is able to get on its feet and fix some of the underlying issues that it's been facing, namely racism. It is on a different level every time I've ever crossed the border.
Russia and China are having a fucking BLAST watching our news coverage right now.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Wocka Wocka wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:56 pm
razr390 wrote:Listening to the SAPD scanner and apparently shit is hitting the fan here after a 4 hour peaceful protest. Most of the peaceful folks went home and the shitheads decided to linger and break shit.

Riots in Harrisburg here. Not a whole lot of specifics to go around at this point.

Two officers hospitalized, unknown extent of injuries.

Call for shots fired just came out a few minutes ago... No officers injured yet.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:08 pm

Russia and China are having a fucking BLAST watching our news coverage right now.
Yeah good point, I'm thinking they are wagering on whether or not this takes Trump out come election time. I think he'd have to do something bigger then he can ever pull off to fix this, like some oversight group led by a respected minority figure or something. :notgonnahappen:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

From what I've read, there are some white supremacist groups that are showing up after curfew to loot in order to change the narrative to make the legit protesters, and the issue they're protesting, look less legit. :notsure: how true that is, but it seem to be a lot of white people that I see doing the looting.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

They're probably fomenting some of it.
razr390

wap wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:39 pm

From what I've read, there are some white supremacist groups that are showing up after curfew to loot in order to change the narrative to make the legit protesters, and the issue they're protesting, look less legit. :notsure: how true that is, but it seem to be a lot of white people that I see doing the looting.
Not to delve into whether they are white supremacist or antifa, but I've been following the protests/riots in the Pacific Northwest (Portland, Seattle, etc.) long before the George Floyd incident and the M.O. of the bad actors is more antifa which is hard left organization.
razr390

wap wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:47 pm
100%.

The more divided we are internally the more they can do to spread their influence externally.
razr390

Just saw a video on twitter of some protesters basically beating another protester who was trying to defend a business to near-death and left him in a twister shape unconscious.

:disgust:

At that point are we as humans any better than the cop who took George Floyd's life?
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:17 pm
Yeah good point, I'm thinking they are wagering on whether or not this takes Trump out come election time. I think he'd have to do something bigger then he can ever pull off to fix this, like some oversight group led by a respected minority figure or something. :notgonnahappen:
Trump will send in military next week and guarantee himself a win for re-election. I promise you these riots have not been a direct by-product of trump. Obama's administration had dozens of these protests/riots and at one point Obama even called the rioters thugs.
wap

razr390 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:21 am
wap wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:39 pm

Not to delve into whether they are white supremacist or antifa, but I've been following the protests/riots in the Pacific Northwest (Portland, Seattle, etc.) long before the George Floyd incident and the M.O. of the bad actors is more antifa which is hard left organization.
I imagine that's possible. I won't dispute it, but there have apparently been communications on line from some WS group talking about going to Mnpls to "get their loot on". :iono:
wap

razr390 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:22 am
wap wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:47 pm

100%.

The more divided we are internally the more they can do to spread their influence externally.
:dat: :dat: :dat: And we can see that it's been working.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:23 am
Tarspin wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:17 pm

Trump will send in military next week and guarantee himself a win for re-election. I promise you these riots have not been a direct by-product of trump. Obama's administration had dozens of these protests/riots and at one point Obama even called the rioters thugs.
Morning,

I agree it stems back to before Trumps time, but how he reacts might influence his support no?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Lack of ac. LMFAO. What a dumbass.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:burneverything: :burneverything: :burneverything:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Morning folks.
razr390

wap wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:50 am
razr390 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:21 am

I imagine that's possible. I won't dispute it, but there have apparently been communications on line from some WS group talking about going to Mnpls to "get their loot on". :iono:
I don’t doubt there are actors from every extremist wing at some of these protests. The protests themselves create a huge opportunity vacuum. But, most of the White people starting fires and damaging stuff are antifa.

It sucks because it is taking a peaceful protest and basically using it to their own advantage. Detracting from the message the protests are about.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:54 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:26 pm

I'm not putting a big loud expensive box that we will hopefully not have any use for in our lives after this summer right next to our fucking bed or couch.
I WOULD DO IT IN THREE SECONDS. WHITE NOISE. COOL AIR. A SUMMER WHERE YOU DIDN"T SWEAT YOUR BALLS OFF.
Yes. This.
I did the “I’m poor” thing in college. When I was poor.
wap

razr390 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:15 am
wap wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:50 am

I don’t doubt there are actors from every extremist wing at some of these protests. The protests themselves create a huge opportunity vacuum. But, most of the White people starting fires and damaging stuff are antifa.

It sucks because it is taking a peaceful protest and basically using it to their own advantage. Detracting from the message the protests are about.
:dat:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I simply would not leave my house without a gun if I was in any of these cities
brain go brrrrrr
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:00 pm
I simply would not leave my house without a gun if I was in any of these cities
“These” Cities ... aka any city right now.