Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:44 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:15 pm

Private website doe :trollface:
Should we start marking posts as dangerous? I hear that's a hot topic these days.
I think marking them as :fakenews: should be sufficient. And you'd really only have to monitor one or 2 people. ;)
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

NeonJonny wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:54 am You getting married as well? My original date was june 12. Now its August 7th. Men's warehouse isnt open so I'm sure they assume our wedding date is still on? Not sure what to do about that. Almost back to normal here in California. Went and got my license at the Honda Center (duck pond) in Anaheim the other day. That was hilarious. They had trailers set up and we communicated through a Motorola walkie talkie. :rollseyes:
Yeah, we rescheduled to August 23rd. JAB stores are still closed, but we bought custom suits instead of doing a rental. So, I would like a status update since quite a bit of cash is on the line.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:33 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:44 pm

I am really glad we sprung for the mini splits though. They're so damned effective and efficient. The house was comfortable all week despite being misery outside.
I need to pick your brain about them. considering for new build.
Let me know...I've researched quite a bit.

Down where you are, you could probably get away with them as the sole HVAC...which would be very economical.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Huckleberry wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:52 am
NeonJonny wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:54 am You getting married as well? My original date was june 12. Now its August 7th. Men's warehouse isnt open so I'm sure they assume our wedding date is still on? Not sure what to do about that. Almost back to normal here in California. Went and got my license at the Honda Center (duck pond) in Anaheim the other day. That was hilarious. They had trailers set up and we communicated through a Motorola walkie talkie. :rollseyes:
Yeah, we rescheduled to August 23rd. JAB stores are still closed, but we bought custom suits instead of doing a rental. So, I would like a status update since quite a bit of cash is on the line.
I feel for you guys. So much effort and money goes into planning a wedding, and with so much uncertainty, it's got to be really difficult adding a whole extra level of stress to an already stressful situation.

We flew out to CA for a wedding in March, right before all the lockdowns. The venue cancelled on them the NIGHT BEFORE. So they pivoted and one of their parents opened up their house for a gathering for people from out of town. Probably a bad idea in hindsight, but nobody got the virus from it, and it was a fun time.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:23 am
Huckleberry wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:52 am
I feel for you guys. So much effort and money goes into planning a wedding, and with so much uncertainty, it's got to be really difficult adding a whole extra level of stress to an already stressful situation.

We flew out to CA for a wedding in March, right before all the lockdowns. The venue cancelled on them the NIGHT BEFORE. So they pivoted and one of their parents opened up their house for a gathering for people from out of town. Probably a bad idea in hindsight, but nobody got the virus from it, and it was a fun time.
Yeah, thankfully we weren't scheduled right at the cusp of all of this going down. Hopefully the venue didn't give any fuss about a full refund.

The only vendor who hasn't been understanding is the caterer. She's trying to say that our deposit is only good through the end of the year, so if we have to reschedule again for 2021, she's keeping the money we have already paid with no services rendered.

She has been dealing with the fiance so far, so she better pray to the god of cunty caterers that we don't have to reschedule so I don't have to intervene and get my money back.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Huckleberry wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:43 am
Detroit wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:23 am

Yeah, thankfully we weren't scheduled right at the cusp of all of this going down. Hopefully the venue didn't give any fuss about a full refund.

The only vendor who hasn't been understanding is the caterer. She's trying to say that our deposit is only good through the end of the year, so if we have to reschedule again for 2021, she's keeping the money we have already paid with no services rendered.

She has been dealing with the fiance so far, so she better pray to the god of cunty caterers that we don't have to reschedule so I don't have to intervene and get my money back.
Did you put the deposit on a credit card? I’d suggest looking into a chargeback should she not be willing to work with you guys.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:50 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:07 pm And if you're concerned about condensate or end up with a unit without a built in pump.... put a tallish side table there and place it on top of that so it can gravity drain out the window hole.
:notbad:
There is a way to do this, :mahtroy:
I'm not putting a big loud expensive box that we will hopefully not have any use for in our lives after this summer right next to our fucking bed or couch.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:26 pm I'm not putting a big loud expensive box that we will hopefully not have any use for in our lives after this summer right next to our fucking bed or couch.
Stop bitching or come up with a solution. You don't get to complain and do nothing about it. That's a boomer move.
Fuck off. My solution is to save money so we can get the fuck out of here sooner. Until then life sucks.
troyguitar

Choosing short term pain for long term gain doesn't make it much less of a pain in the short term... Sorry I don't pretend that I'm enjoying this shit even though I know it's the right thing to do.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Because a couple hundo is really going to impact your life goals. :rolleyes:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:26 pm

I'm not putting a big loud expensive box that we will hopefully not have any use for in our lives after this summer right next to our fucking bed or couch.
So if you were able to use a window unit you wouldn't buy one of those either? I'm sure these are no louder than those.
A few hundo seems to be a reasonable price to pay for a whole summer's worth of comfort :iono:
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

wap wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:26 pm I'm not putting a big loud expensive box that we will hopefully not have any use for in our lives after this summer right next to our fucking bed or couch.
So if you were able to use a window unit you wouldn't buy one of those either? I'm sure these are no louder than those.
A few hundo seems to be a reasonable price to pay for a whole summer's worth of comfort :iono:
But we couldn’t talk about how terrible it is all summer then!

Remember, Troy decided to stop getting coffee during the great quarantine of 2020 as a cost savings too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

troyguitar wrote:Choosing short term pain for long term gain doesn't make it much less of a pain in the short term... Sorry I don't pretend that I'm enjoying this shit even though I know it's the right thing to do.
The difference is that this isn’t a choice you have to make. You’re not poor. You are choosing it for no other reason than to be miserable.

In my opinion, you revoke the right to bitch all the time when it is a choice you make for no other reason than :scrooge:

You’re not putting in a 30K HVAC system here.

troyguitar

wap wrote:
Window units are half the price, don't take up precious floor space, and continue to have value in the future... but I'd still install it in the stairwell instead of the bedroom or living room.
troyguitar

Wocka Wocka wrote:
wap wrote:
But we couldn’t talk about how terrible it is all summer then!

Remember, Troy decided to stop getting coffee during the great quarantine of 2020 as a cost savings too.

Coffee and alcohol and guitar lessons and takeout and ymca membership and reduced phone plan... plus we have not been out in public since March 12th. It all adds up, even when it's "only" hundreds of dollars.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

troyguitar wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: But we couldn’t talk about how terrible it is all summer then!

Coffee and alcohol and guitar lessons and takeout and ymca membership and reduced phone plan... plus we have not been out in public since March 12th. It all adds up, even when it's "only" hundreds of dollars.
Bruh. You’re wild.

troyguitar

Between regular reduced spending, trumpbux, and cutting way back on impulse purchases like shitty portable AC units or stupid car shit, we have saved well over $5k so far this year and will be over $10k by year's end at this rate.

Just a few hundred my ass.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I WOULD DO IT IN THREE SECONDS. WHITE NOISE. COOL AIR. A SUMMER WHERE YOU DIDN"T SWEAT YOUR BALLS OFF.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:54 pm

I WOULD DO IT IN THREE SECONDS. WHITE NOISE. COOL AIR. A SUMMER WHERE YOU DIDN"T SWEAT YOUR BALLS OFF.
Fucking A. Cool DEHUMIDIFIED air. For less than 10% of what he's saved so far.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:36 pm

Stop bitching or come up with a solution. You don't get to complain and do nothing about it. That's a boomer move.
:notwrong:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Apex wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:01 pm Because a couple hundo is really going to impact your life goals. :rolleyes:
:dat:
brain go brrrrrr
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

troyguitar wrote:Between regular reduced spending, trumpbux, and cutting way back on impulse purchases like shitty portable AC units or stupid car shit, we have saved well over $5k so far this year and will be over $10k by year's end at this rate.

Bruh. You can have all the money in the bank, but if you’re constantly miserable, what is that wealth really worth?

razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Listening to the SAPD scanner and apparently shit is hitting the fan here after a 4 hour peaceful protest. Most of the peaceful folks went home and the shitheads decided to linger and break shit.

:thisisfine:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Wocka Wocka wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:45 pm
troyguitar wrote:Between regular reduced spending, trumpbux, and cutting way back on impulse purchases like shitty portable AC units or stupid car shit, we have saved well over $5k so far this year and will be over $10k by year's end at this rate.

Bruh. You can have all the money in the bank, but if you’re constantly miserable, what is that wealth really worth?

My life is boring but I find the best way to make money is to just get out there and hustle with the other schmucks at 6am.

Saving 10k in a year is :impressive: but there's now way in hell I'm empathetic about sweaty :balls: if OP doesn't just fork out the $500 for a window unit in at least one room in his house.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Tarspin wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:45 pm Bruh. You can have all the money in the bank, but if you’re constantly miserable, what is that wealth really worth?

My life is boring but I find the best way to make money is to just get out there and hustle with the other schmucks at 6am.

Saving 10k in a year is :impressive: but there's now way in hell I'm empathetic about sweaty :balls: if OP doesn't just fork out the $500 for a window unit in at least one room in his house.
Boring is different than miserable. I certainly don’t lead an incredibly exciting one, but I make the most of it.

I guess some people get off on miserableness. :iono: