OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:42 am
Johnny_P wrote:
I was talking about being furious at a video surfacing of a police officer murdering an unarmed and handcuffed black man. You guys brought up the riots.
Yeah but some other black people do bad things.
It's OK if they kill each other.

To me, this highlights the biggest issue in this modern society...lack of respect for one another. Regardless of skin color/backgroud/income/beliefs/whatever, we should all show a basic level of respect to everyone. IT shouldn't be OK to be a dick to others. It certainly shouldn't be OK to abuse others. Why we can't just agree that we're all the same...humans on a giant shithole rock and just be in it together is really sad to me.

But when the POTUS, a person we're taught from an early age to revere, encourages demeaning and degrading anyone that differs from yourself, it's clear we're just too far gone as a society to be cool anymore.

:|

I'll just fuck off to the woods where nobody can bother me.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:58 am
troyguitar wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:54 am There's a reason I want to leave or at least move to a libtard utopian place here. This place is fucked. Unfortunately we have been exporting our fuckery to the rest of the world, so I'm not sure how much leaving would help.
Yeah I don't know if there's a truly unfucked place out there.
I'm not aware of any unfucked places...unless you drop out of society. Which I like the idea of more and more.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:42 am Yeah but some other black people do bad things.
It's OK if they kill each other.

To me, this highlights the biggest issue in this modern society...lack of respect for one another. Regardless of skin color/backgroud/income/beliefs/whatever, we should all show a basic level of respect to everyone. IT shouldn't be OK to be a dick to others. It certainly shouldn't be OK to abuse others. Why we can't just agree that we're all the same...humans on a giant shithole rock and just be in it together is really sad to me.

But when the POTUS, a person we're taught from an early age to revere, encourages demeaning and degrading anyone that differs from yourself, it's clear we're just too far gone as a society to be cool anymore.

:|

I'll just fuck off to the woods where nobody can bother me.
:word:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Detroit wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:58 am Yeah I don't know if there's a truly unfucked place out there.
I'm not aware of any unfucked places...unless you drop out of society. Which I like the idea of more and more.
:dat:

Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:59 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:58 am

Yeah I don't know if there's a truly unfucked place out there.
In the US it's probably Vermont, really.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

dubshow wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:44 am
wap wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:23 pm Went to the dentist today since our state allowed the dentist offices to open last week. Not too much different than before, but there was a plastic partition at the receptionist desk, and she was in full PPE. Also, the dentist, who wore a face shield, did the cleaning and the exam, so as to minimize the number of people that have to be in my mouth. Oh, and I was given an antiseptic peroxide rinse before the cleaning. Otherwise, it was pretty normal.
:csb:
im like 1 year over due :sad:

My 6mo overdue started right at the onset of this shit in Feb and I didnt really go anywhere. On top of this, my dentist Ive gone to for 15+ years with great results sold his practice to a new young guy. He fully retired in the midst of the virus instead of phasing out. So yeah, I havent missed this long of cleanings in a long while.

Wife went in and had the same experience you mention. The mouthwash sounds gross af. :disgust:
It wasn't pleasant, but not as bad as you might think. It was mostly water with a bit of peroxide. Once he cleaned my teeth the aftertaste was gone.

Go get dem teefus cleaned, dude.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Apex wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:59 am Munchkin turns 3 today! :mindblown:
:fuckyeah:

Has the little freeloader gotten herself a job yet?
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:08 am
Apex wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:59 am Munchkin turns 3 today! :mindblown:

Pics! She’s so adorable.

I saw my little guy yesterday. We had an extra ultrasound to check his heart since I was born with some heart problems. All looks good. He has a little face and little hands and little feet :wub: and pudgy pinchable cheeks already. He should plunk out in about 10 more weeks.
That's awesome.
wap

Apex wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:13 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:08 am

Pics! She’s so adorable.

I saw my little guy yesterday. We had an extra ultrasound to check his heart since I was born with some heart problems. All looks good. He has a little face and little hands and little feet :wub: and pudgy pinchable cheeks already. He should plunk out in about 10 more weeks.

D'awwwww :wub:
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:23 am The vid of the cop murdering George Floyd has me fucking furious.

Same with the vid of that Karen calling 911 on a black man who was asking her to leash her dog.
So much :dat: :dat: :dat:
:rage: Fucking bad :narc: s and Karens.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:52 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:24 am

Oh man she’s not a baby anymore!! Last time I saw her she was so small.
:dat: Cute AF man. You should be a proud 'pex!
Nothing could possibly make me more proud than raising her. :wub:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:23 am The vid of the cop murdering George Floyd has me fucking furious.

Same with the vid of that Karen calling 911 on a black man who was asking her to leash her dog.
Yes on both. The George Floyd incident is 100% disgusting and all four officers need to be indicted. There is NO justification for the actions performed.

Almost 9 minutes of a knee in the neck of a handcuffed detainee isn’t even a race issue, it’s a HUMANITY issue. That officer is an evil scumbag.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:51 am
troyguitar wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:42 am Yeah but some other black people do bad things.
This people makes me sick sometimes
Its people man. The collective.

NYC cunty lady? Dem and liberal. Meanwhile Im stuck with the stigma of being a "white male southern = racist". :rolleyes:

Both vids were hard to watch, I didnt finish the george vid. The nyc vid was even more outrageous esp how she treated her poor dog. What if cops showed up and shot the innocent guy being harassed by a psychotic woman? Over nothing? Thats the ultimate issue. Cops show up, people can die.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

dubshow wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:51 am This people makes me sick sometimes

NYC cunty lady? Dem and liberal. Meanwhile Im stuck with the stigma of being a "white male southern = racist". :rolleyes:

Both vids were hard to watch, I didnt finish the george vid. The nyc vid was even more outrageous esp how she treated her poor dog. What if cops showed up and shot the innocent guy being harassed by a psychotic woman? Over nothing? Thats the ultimate issue. Cops show up, people can die.
That’s what she was looking for. She wanted that man harmed.

In regards to the dog, it has been surrendered back to the rescue she adopted it from.

Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

razr390 wrote:

Yes on both. The George Floyd incident is 100% disgusting and all four officers need to be indicted. There is NO justification for the actions performed.

Almost 9 minutes of a knee in the neck of a handcuffed detainee isn’t even a race issue, it’s a HUMANITY issue. That officer is an evil scumbag.
100%.

I am certain there will be charges coming.

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Wocka Wocka wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:38 am
razr390 wrote:

100%.

there won't. thin blue line breh.
brain go brrrrrr
razr390

razr390 wrote:

100%.

Policing needs to be reformed, inside and out.

1. It has to not be taboo for officers to seek help if they are dealing with their own demons (both personal and job-related). Offer mental health counseling.

2. It has to be easy and thorough to file internal complaints without the BACK THA BLOO brotherhood and unions getting triggered. Investigate complaints and handle them.

3. Test all officers every 3 years on a polygraph, psychological, and physical. Identify agency policy questions in the polygraph to ensure that any policies violated are addressed/identified

4. Rotate officers on different specialized units (Traffic, school resource, community outreach, code enforcement, etc) instead of making them merit/seniority based (except supervisory/investigative which require a thorough exam). This will help them avoid tunnel vision and getting “used” to the job and willing to do shit like overlook/violate policy.

It’s wishful thinking but i think if policing is a 20-30 year career, after dealing with the shit most of them do it’s easy to get jaded or lower the perceived value of someone’s life based on the nature of the call/individual/race/actions/etc.

Implementing those moves should help mitigate that
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:46 am
100%.

They will make an example out of this incident. FBI will make sure of it. State Attorney said they will use any findings to prosecute.

This is a lot of evidence. Both bystanders and supposedly 4 body cameras that ran during the incident, local business CCTV, etc.

These guys are FUCKED
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:38 am 100%.

Probably :wrong:

I’m very familiar with the TBL breh.

There isn’t a lot of sympathy going around for these cops, even internally.

Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

razr390 wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:38 am 100%.

1. It has to not be taboo for officers to seek help if they are dealing with their own demons (both personal and job-related). Offer mental health counseling.

2. It has to be easy and thorough to file internal complaints without the BACK THA BLOO brotherhood and unions getting triggered. Investigate complaints and handle them.

3. Test all officers every 3 years on a polygraph, psychological, and physical. Identify agency policy questions in the polygraph to ensure that any policies violated are addressed/identified

4. Rotate officers on different specialized units (Traffic, school resource, community outreach, code enforcement, etc) instead of making them merit/seniority based (except supervisory/investigative which require a thorough exam). This will help them avoid tunnel vision and getting “used” to the job and willing to do shit like overlook/violate policy.

It’s wishful thinking but i think if policing is a 20-30 year career, after dealing with the shit most of them do it’s easy to get jaded or lower the perceived value of someone’s life based on the nature of the call/individual/race/actions/etc.

I’m with you on about everything accept polygraphs. They’re super easy to fool and there is a reason many agencies aren’t even using them for hire anymore.

Rotating special units can get difficult too. An established SRO can be useful in a school as the kids get to know them and are less fearful of the police because of continued contact with the same officer. Also, much like some people don’t want to be parents, some cops have zero interest in being an SRO and forcing them to do so would be unwise.

Apex
Drives: Abominable

Wocka Wocka wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:51 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Probably :wrong:

I’m very familiar with the TBL breh.

There isn’t a lot of sympathy going around for these cops, even internally.

There is a lot of outrage about this from the cops I know.

I find it amusing that the officer tried to get food delivered at least three times yesterday and when the delivery person arrived near the house they turned around. House was surrounded by protestors so the guy and his family are going hungry.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

razr390 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:48 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:46 am

They will make an example out of this incident. FBI will make sure of it. State Attorney said they will use any findings to prosecute.

This is a lot of evidence. Both bystanders and supposedly 4 body cameras that ran during the incident, local business CCTV, etc.

These guys are FUCKED
the next crisis will come along and everyone will forget. he might get out in front of a judge but charges won't stick
brain go brrrrrr
wap

[user not found] wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:24 pm
razr390 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:46 am

There is one much much much much easier step. Foot patrols. Get people out of their cars so they can't escape they are a part of the community.
Only real way for :narc: and their community to get to know each other.
wap

dubshow wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:35 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:51 am

This people makes me sick sometimes

:notsure:
https://www.truthorfiction.com/amy-coop ... ohn-kerry/
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

wap wrote:
dubshow wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:35 am Its people man. The collective.

:notsure:
https://www.truthorfiction.com/amy-coop ... ohn-kerry/
I don’t think any of the ones linked there are her. She had a high paying jerb at Franklin Templeton.

One of those was a speech pathologist and the other was listed as “Not Employed”