OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:35 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:32 pm I'd gain 5 lbs a week eating that much. Some of us don't have the :alpo: metabolism.
You could bump your metabolism up by building some muscle and doing a reverse diet. You likely won’t ever be in that 3500 range, but we could probably get you to where you’re eating 2000 a day and not gaining weight.
:massles: this is the whey.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:03 pm
SAWCE wrote:
You could bump your metabolism up by building some muscle and doing a reverse diet. You likely won’t ever be in that 3500 range, but we could probably get you to where you’re eating 2000 a day and not gaining weight.
No interest in gaining any size or weight :doe:
We could just do the reverse diet then. It’s slow going, and we wouldn’t get you up as high as if we were building muscle, but we could definitely get you eating a couple hundred calories per day more than you are now without gaining weight.

There’s a guy I really like for this stuff named Layne Norton. He just released an app where you plug in all your numbers and your goal and they set your macros for each day for you. You’ll probably pay $10/month or something for the service, but that’s cheap compared to hiring a nutritionist or bb coach.

Edit: the app is called Carbon diet coach.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:32 pm
D Griff wrote:
Mine is 3500-4K and I am pretty darn lean... I burn a lot :doe: . It doesn't have to be miserable.
I'd gain 5 lbs a week eating that much. Some of us don't have the :alpo: metabolism.
:rolleyes:

I was a naturally fat kid from age 0-16. The :alpo: metabolism has come from the past 15 years of hard work and lifestyle.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:31 pm Tracking calories vigilantly for a few months should be enough for most people to be able to track them "close enough" for life. I can generally every day estimate pretty well now without logging anything or really thinking about it at all.
:dat:

I restarted it though, to keep myself in check. It makes me accountable for it (dumb because it's just a stupid app, but it helps me).
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Wocka Wocka wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:07 pm
razr390 wrote:Happy Friday y’all.

Might do some Uber eats deliveries tonight. Fridays usually yield $50/hour
Woah. That’s wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve messed with different days and times. Prime days are Friday and Saturday between 5-10pm.

Fridays are pay days for most people so it’s when they’ll splurge the most on ordering food.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Our local covfefe shop is open again for take out. Went and got a cappuccino for $4.something and gave her a $5 tip. Felt good. :troywax:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

SAWCE wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:03 pm No interest in gaining any size or weight :doe:
We could just do the reverse diet then. It’s slow going, and we wouldn’t get you up as high as if we were building muscle, but we could definitely get you eating a couple hundred calories per day more than you are now without gaining weight.

There’s a guy I really like for this stuff named Layne Norton. He just released an app where you plug in all your numbers and your goal and they set your macros for each day for you. You’ll probably pay $10/month or something for the service, but that’s cheap compared to hiring a nutritionist or bb coach.

Eh. If I have to give up eating what I want and count macros then I'd rather just keep having less of the things I like. It sucks but it's pretty easy and sucks less than a "real" diet.

Every option for staying in shape sucks. That's why most people are fat.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:18 pm
SAWCE wrote:

Eh. If I have to give up eating what I want and count macros then I'd rather just keep having less of the things I like. It sucks but it's pretty easy and sucks less than a "real" diet.

Different strokes. I’d rather fit small quantities of the stuff I want into my macros for the day, but I get where you’re coming from. There is a certain level of suck and suffering for all methods for sure.
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:40 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:18 pm Eh. If I have to give up eating what I want and count macros then I'd rather just keep having less of the things I like. It sucks but it's pretty easy and sucks less than a "real" diet.

Different strokes. I’d rather fit small quantities of the stuff I want into my macros for the day, but I get where you’re coming from. There is a certain level of suck and suffering for all methods for sure.
It's partly that almost everything I like involves MASSIVE amounts of carbs and/or saturated fats, so they become near impossible to fit into any sort of plan involving macros. Like I want to eat half a deep dish pizza. That's:

1400 calories, fine if I basically eat nothing else all day
56g fat, 24 of which are saturated
160g carbs
65g brotein

Sure I could eat one slice and throw the other 3 in the garbage and eat 10 bland chicken breasts for the rest of my calories, but fuck that.

edit: and I also want beer and wine with it... 100% carbs.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:42 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:40 pm

It's partly that almost everything I like involves MASSIVE amounts of carbs and/or saturated fats, so they become near impossible to fit into any sort of plan involving macros. Like I want to eat half a deep dish pizza. That's:

1400 calories, fine if I basically eat nothing else all day
56g fat, 24 of which are saturated
160g carbs
65g brotein

Sure I could eat one slice and throw the other 3 in the garbage and eat 10 bland chicken breasts for the rest of my calories, but fuck that.

edit: and I also want beer and wine with it... 100% carbs.
Don’t forget the 7cals per gram of alcohol, the unspoken fourth macro nutrient, too!

That portion control is what gets people for sure. But the rest of the pizza doesn’t have to end in the trash. Eat a piece a day for 4 days! :lol:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I ate an entire pizza yesterday.
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:16 pm Our local covfefe shop is open again for take out. Went and got a cappuccino for $4.something and gave her a $5 tip. Felt good. :troywax:
Nice. I've been tipping very heavily if I do take out type stuff too.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

Johnny_P wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:39 am I ate an entire pizza yesterday.
:jelly:
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Johnny_P wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:40 am
wap wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:16 pm Our local covfefe shop is open again for take out. Went and got a cappuccino for $4.something and gave her a $5 tip. Felt good. :troywax:
Nice. I've been tipping very heavily if I do take out type stuff too.
Dat. I'm normally a big tipper, but even more so right now.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:18 pm
SAWCE wrote:

If you can't beat them, join them.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:impressive:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Although I went full :fatty: on fried fish and shrimp end a loaded baked potato.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:03 pm

Although I went full :fatty: on fried fish and shrimp end a loaded baked potato.
I mean I didn't really eat much for lunch though so :iono: it probably evened itself out.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I bought 3 pizzas.

Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:15 pm
I bought 3 pizzas.

I’ll be right over
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I bought 3 pizzas.

looks like a mom and pop place? and are those apple slices on the first one and I smell something Italian on that very pizza as well? :impressive:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar

I found out yesterday that my car is covered in bird shit, probably has been for weeks. :ohwell:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:03 pm

I bought 3 pizzas.

looks like a mom and pop place? and are those apple slices on the first one and I smell something Italian on that very pizza as well? :impressive:
My cousin made them. @Peelsonwheelspizza on IG. The first one is gorgonzola, mozzarella, apples, prosciutto, and honey.

He was set up at a brewery downtown yesterday selling cooked pizzas instead of his usual pizza kits.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I have tried to purchase cheap resin Adirondack chairs at the target on the way to the office for three weeks now. Out. ZERO RESUPPLY. Completely out of pots and pans as well. Fuck it.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:50 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:03 pm

My cousin made them. @Peelsonwheelspizza on IG. The first one is gorgonzola, mozzarella, apples, prosciutto, and honey.

He was set up at a brewery downtown yesterday selling cooked pizzas instead of his usual pizza kits.
That sounds amazing.