OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

dubshow wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:44 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:18 pm

It is real for sure, but the signal starts in your gut and it tells your brain what it wants.

The microbiome in your gut is responsible for so much shit in our bodies.
Just spent $10 on tbell after missing it for over 3 months. AMA.
What all did you get?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:51 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:46 pm
Oh wow, very interesting....and explains a lot.

I was thinking it was brain related, but gut related makes more sense to me TBH.

The catch will be staying this way. I feel way better, I'm losing weight, it's cheaper, there's zero downsides OTHER than convenience. Cooking all the time will get old when we're not home all the time. It's why we didn't eat clean in the first place.
Cooking all the time gets old for sure. I just signed up for a bodybuilding company that cooks all your chicken for you. Will save me hours every week.
:notbad:

Chicken takes way too long to cook since it has to be all the way through. It really does get old.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:52 pm
dubshow wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:44 pm

Just spent $10 on tbell after missing it for over 3 months. AMA.
What all did you get?
$5 chulapa value box + cheesy gordita crunch.

it came with chips instead of cinnamon twists :sad:

Should have gotten the crunch wrap meal instead and paid the extra $2. :ohwell:
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:00 pm

What all did you get?

CGC is my favorite thing on the TBell menu. :drool:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Detroit wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:02 pm

CGC is my favorite thing on the TBell menu. :drool:
Samesies
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I miss taco bell now that im in Turkey
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:53 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:51 pm

Cooking all the time gets old for sure. I just signed up for a bodybuilding company that cooks all your chicken for you. Will save me hours every week.

Chicken takes way too long to cook since it has to be all the way through. It really does get old.
Especially with how much and how often I eat it.

When I first started cooking all my meals and doing “meal prep” I’d cook chicken for the whole week at once. It wasn’t too bad. But the longer I did that the more I hated eating 5 day old chicken at lunch on a Friday. Eventually I started cooking 2-3x a week so it was always a little more fresh. Once I stepped up and went :fullretard: with bodybuilding and eating as much as I need to to keep growing I switched to cooking every single morning before work so it’d be as fresh as possible since I’m eating a full pound of just chicken every day.

That’s obviously not as time efficient as it could be and I could suck it up and cook two days at a time or something, but fuck, if someone else will season, cook, and then flash freeze it and ship it to me so I can have all that time back. It’s worth the premium I’m paying over buying raw. Especially since prices have gone up for chicken out here recently.
SAWCE

What all did you get?

Man that sounds good. Chalupas are good too. Crunch wrap is usually good, but I’ve had a few bad ones where they left it in the press too long and the whole thing got burned :(
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:04 pm

When I first started cooking all my meals and doing “meal prep” I’d cook chicken for the whole week at once. It wasn’t too bad. But the longer I did that the more I hated eating 5 day old chicken at lunch on a Friday. Eventually I started cooking 2-3x a week so it was always a little more fresh. Once I stepped up and went :fullretard: with bodybuilding and eating as much as I need to to keep growing I switched to cooking every single morning before work so it’d be as fresh as possible since I’m eating a full pound of just chicken every day.

That’s obviously not as time efficient as it could be and I could suck it up and cook two days at a time or something, but fuck, if someone else will season, cook, and then flash freeze it and ship it to me so I can have all that time back. It’s worth the premium I’m paying over buying raw. Especially since prices have gone up for chicken out here recently.
Yea, I can't imagine cooking a lb of chicken every day. :nope:

Chicken is really only good for 1-2 days after cooking. It gets bleh after day 3 or so in the fridge.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:25 am
Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:46 am

Never heard of Culver's.
I went to my very first one leaving Phoenix last year. It was good, but it's not the best.
:wrong:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I went back and read the whole "debate."
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:25 pm I feel like I'll let others experiment with "opening up the economy" in the sense that the need to congregate closely together in large groups is "opening up the economy." We'll see how it goes! :popcorn: from the bleachers.
This is definitely worth quoting.
:amaze:

I'll be on those bleachers with you man, 6' apart, probably wearing a mask.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I normally just squeeze lime juice into a glass on the rocks with some tokillya and a salted :ramz: and call it a day. Maybe I will buy some bitters and try that as well.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:04 pm

Man you ever try like "taco chicken" in the crock pot or something? It won't really change the macros much as it's basically seasoning, onion, tomatos, chiles, but it is good, easy, keeps well for a few days and would mix things up a bit.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:10 pm I normally just squeeze lime juice into a glass on the rocks with some tokillya and a salted :ramz: and call it a day. Maybe I will buy some bitters and try that as well.
We do the same...but bitters are a nice way to tweak the flavor if desired.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:14 pm
Melon wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:09 pm I went back and read the whole "debate."

I love how dummies think masks are a political statement. No, it's not a political statement, I just don't trust idiots.
This just makes zero sense to me. Old dudes in particular love not wearing masks and getting up in people's business. At least around here.

I hate wearing masks...just hate it. So, I don't go out.

When we went out yesterday, I wore a drywall mask and was laser focused on getting in and out as fast as possible.

We witnessed numerous old dudes being jackasses.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:16 pm

I love how dummies think masks are a political statement. No, it's not a political statement, I just don't trust idiots.
This just makes zero sense to me. Old dudes in particular love not wearing masks and getting up in people's business. At least around here.

When we went out yesterday, I wore a drywall mask and was laser focused on getting in and out as fast as possible.

That makes no sense.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:20 pm

When our offices open back up we will be requiring them. I'm not looking forward to it but it's the right decision. I bought myself a good one with replaceable filters. Between work and extensive travel, seems like a must have for me.
Link?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

Dat. Masks work. :science:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I also loathe masks. If was on the bike I would just leave my helmet on. If I am not, I just dont wear and keep my distance, be focused on getting in and getting out. Apparently my next costco trip will require a mask :rolleyes: I'm about over the whole corona thing anyway. We went to a restaurant in TN and had real people serve us food, and a beer, it was nice. There will be some adjustments to keep the spread down in the next few months, but FFS, don't forget we are all pretty much destined to get this. Do your best but also live life.
brain go brrrrrr
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Took a nice 6 miles walk/run and now more people are being outside. Probably because of the direction we're heading where it gave people more of a green light, but still not good of course.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:45 am Why are fries so hard to get right? Some places knock it out of the park, others pure disgust.
MacDoe still has the best fries :wub:
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:23 pm

That makes no sense.
Tell me about it.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:25 pm I feel like I'll let others experiment with "opening up the economy" in the sense that the need to congregate closely together in large groups is "opening up the economy." We'll see how it goes! :popcorn: from the bleachers.

But just rhetorical bleachers. Not at a Saints game.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:25 pm

I also loathe masks. If was on the bike I would just leave my helmet on. If I am not, I just dont wear and keep my distance, be focused on getting in and getting out. Apparently my next costco trip will require a mask :rolleyes: I'm about over the whole corona thing anyway. We went to a restaurant in TN and had real people serve us food, and a beer, it was nice. There will be some adjustments to keep the spread down in the next few months, but FFS, don't forget we are all pretty much destined to get this. Do your best but also live life.
I'm getting there, but this thing is keeping me at home right now, so I'm really cheering it on.