Baby chat

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:24 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:17 pm

HighSpeedDaddy. Small business from the town next to me.

#noonelistenstopecs
These look pretty cool. Seems pretty big though? I guess great for day trips and such.
Yeah, they’re full backpack size. I do have their lunchbox which is awesome.

We use some Eddie Bauer bags (they can stuff into themselves, 20l size I think) that still sit in each vehicle with spare clothes, pull-ups, wipes, etc.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:17 pm Also... how you guys storing boob juice? Making a hoarde in the freezer seems to be the recommended way to go. But buying an endless supply of single use plastic baggies to freeze it seems fucking retarded.
With the boob juice, I would have a plan but wait until :baby: is here. Most women make “just enough” boob juice to feed the baby.

We got some of the Medela pump & store bottles. BM is good in the fridge for about 4 days before you have to freeze it if unused. If you’re freezing it, at that point it’ll just be emergency supply. BM is constantly produced so if Lisa makes a large amount that’s the only time you’ll be freezing it. Otherwise, again, you’ll either supplement with formula if she doesn’t make enough or she’ll make just enough + a few ounces more.

Also, you as the hubby need to be there to support her journey in nursing and breastfeeding. It is PAINFUL, and it is a lot of stress on the body. Let her make the decision on whether she wants to continue it or not. There is nothing wrong with formula whatsoever if you need to go that route.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:15 pm DIAPER BAGS!

Aight. What you guys got for a single kiddo? Lisa is going :mindblown: trying to find one she likes and has a spreadsheet with 12 bags on it :lolol: :rage:

Want something compact, smallish, good for a couple hours out. Any long trips we'd just bring an extra tote bag anyway or keep extra supply in the car.
backpack, Amazon
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:13 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:27 am

we got the Britax I believe.

it's like a budget version of some expensive thing.

agree with [user not found], you need a carrier base, and a stroller that accepts the carrier the first 6 months. the Britax then converts to a regular stroller. it's pretty light too.
So we were gonna do the Britax, all in on it, whole entire system, and then we found out the specific one we wanted the front wheel falls off randomly.... so.... Scratched that, even though there's a 98% chance nothing goes wrong on it.

We landed on the Baby Jogger City Mini, which should be great. They're readily available used for dirt cheap and seem to hold up ok enough.

Car seat we are going to go with the Graco line. Snugride 30 or 35. Whatever the parents want to buy us.
baby jogger is good stuff but you are :wrong: to not get the carrier and base that goes with it. you will hate life a little more carting that fucker around and moving from car seat to stroller.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:27 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:13 pm

So we were gonna do the Britax, all in on it, whole entire system, and then we found out the specific one we wanted the front wheel falls off randomly.... so.... Scratched that, even though there's a 98% chance nothing goes wrong on it.

We landed on the Baby Jogger City Mini, which should be great. They're readily available used for dirt cheap and seem to hold up ok enough.

Car seat we are going to go with the Graco line. Snugride 30 or 35. Whatever the parents want to buy us.
baby jogger is good stuff but you are :wrong: to not get the carrier and base that goes with it. you will hate life a little more carting that fucker around and moving from car seat to stroller.
Its got clip in adapters for the car seat. Just plop those on and leave them on, you can snap the car seat in and out. Baby Jogger and Graco are owned by same company so thier stuff works with each other pretty nicely.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:52 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:27 am

Its got clip in adapters for the car seat. Just plop those on and leave them on, you can snap the car seat in and out. Baby Jogger and Graco are owned by same company so thier stuff works with each other pretty nicely.
oh, well then I'm :wrong: well done carry on
brain go brrrrrr
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:49 am
razr390 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:06 am

With the boob juice, I would have a plan but wait until :baby: is here. Most women make “just enough” boob juice to feed the baby.

We got some of the Medela pump & store bottles. BM is good in the fridge for about 4 days before you have to freeze it if unused. If you’re freezing it, at that point it’ll just be emergency supply. BM is constantly produced so if Lisa makes a large amount that’s the only time you’ll be freezing it. Otherwise, again, you’ll either supplement with formula if she doesn’t make enough or she’ll make just enough + a few ounces more.

Also, you as the hubby need to be there to support her journey in nursing and breastfeeding. It is PAINFUL, and it is a lot of stress on the body. Let her make the decision on whether she wants to continue it or not. There is nothing wrong with formula whatsoever if you need to go that route.
FWIW none of these points, while all true, are universally true and vary from baby to baby.

Jul produced gallons and gallons of breast milk for both kids (truly twice or triple what was needed) and did have some mild pain with the second but not the first. What Rudy is saying absolutely happens, but no pain boat loads of extra milk happens equally as frequently.

Make sure she pumps like crazy. If she hasn't picked one out yet, get the spectra. We've done both the Medela and the spectra in this house and my wife is all in on the spectra for both comfort and results
Agreed on variance from mom to mom and baby to baby. Was giving him more of a heads up because it’s so full of variance like you said. Don’t want someone to go all :eeyore: if they aren’t making enough or whatever. Huge cause of PPD is when moms feel like they aren’t good enough simply due to BM supply issues.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex

We are working on potty training. Fun times. :lol:
razr390

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:22 pm We are working on potty training. Fun times. :lol:
Oh lord. Can’t wait :thisisfine:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:30 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:22 pm We are working on potty training. Fun times. :lol:
God speed my friend... God speed.
:thisisfine:
Johnny_P

Baby shower..... :mindblown:

So. Much. Stuff.

At least I don't feel like I need to buy literally all the shit now. Stroller is the only big thing remaining, which I hope to lock down this week or next. That and bassinet but we have one of those on lock and being shipped to us.

6 weeks left. :doomed:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:12 pm Baby shower..... :mindblown:

So. Much. Stuff.

At least I don't feel like I need to buy literally all the shit now. Stroller is the only big thing remaining, which I hope to lock down this week or next. That and bassinet but we have one of those on lock and being shipped to us.

You can’t shower an unborn baby. :notsure:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:12 pm Baby shower..... :mindblown:

So. Much. Stuff.

awesome man.

we had 2, one for my wife's Mississippi people and one for the baton Rouge people. Mississippi was 1st.

I almost had a meltdown after....the wife had an actual meltdown. Nothing but clothes, and alot of bad ones at that. we had so much shit we needed and no one got any of it for us.

Thankfully this was circulated among people and the supplies came through for the next one. I'd have been the one having an actual meltdown if all we got was clothes again
brain go brrrrrr
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Little late in the game, we bought my uncle a mclaren stroller when my cousin was around 8 months old, took it to Turkey, little over a year now and no issues so far, holded up well
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:52 am Little late in the game, we bought my uncle a mclaren stroller when my cousin was around 8 months old, took it to Turkey, little over a year now and no issues so far, holded up well
We will eventually get a small collapsible stroller like that.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:25 pm We do not talk about baby hate here. There’s plenty of that. You can discuss our stupidity and poor financial choices behind our backs in OT chat.
:nevermind:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:15 pm How's Mama feeling Johnny?

Also do you guys know the gender?
Mama is getting pretty irritable lately. Can't sleep, GI issues, constantly exhausted, can't deal with the heat. So she's normal for her stage in pregnancy, lol. 3 weeks to go! At this point she's absolutely enormous. Up 40 lbs ish.... don't know if she can stretch out much more honestly.

We are having a boy! Got a name picked out but keeping it a secret until he pops out :wub:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

If he's not Pfreddy Pfluger then you done fucked up, A-A-Ron.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:11 pm If he's not Pfreddy Pfluger then you done fucked up, A-A-Ron.
:lolol: :bravo:
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:11 pm If he's not Pfreddy Pfluger then you done fucked up, A-A-Ron.
I have so many people hoping his name is Freddy :lolol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

POTD 😀
Johnny_P

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Cyooooooot. How's fatherhood dood?

Obviously sleeping well, posting at 3:40am. :lol:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:wub:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:22 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:52 am Little late in the game, we bought my uncle a mclaren stroller when my cousin was around 8 months old, took it to Turkey, little over a year now and no issues so far, holded up well
We will eventually get a small collapsible stroller like that.
That's the only stroller we even ran.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.