Drives: Blue short bus

Here we talk about all things baby.

Want a baby
Having a baby
Playing with a baby
Watching someone else’s baby
Baby accessories
Baby pictures

We do not talk about baby hate here. There’s plenty of that. You can discuss our stupidity and poor financial choices behind our backs in OT chat.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak

So. Strollers. What ya got? Do you like it? Any tips for a new to be dad shopping for a wheelie chair?

Everyone all up in it for the Uppa Baby Cruz but I think it looks like a giant hospital contraption. The Baby Jogger GT seems more up my alley. Remember I need something that packs small for the bus or subway and can handle bombed out infrastructure.

Side bar: :mahtroy: strollers are DIRT F’N CHEAP used.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Just popping in yo say that while I adore my brother's kids, they're enough :baby: ing for me. So no :baby: hate from me, just don't want any of my own. Hat's off to those who do, :doe: Grats and good luck to you Johnny and Mrs. _P!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:27 pm So. Strollers. What ya got? Do you like it? Any tips for a new to be dad shopping for a wheelie chair?

Everyone all up in it for the Uppa Baby Cruz but I think it looks like a giant hospital contraption. The Baby Jogger GT seems more up my alley. Remember I need something that packs small for the bus or subway and can handle bombed out infrastructure.

We used a Baby Trend Expedition when she was a tiny munchkin. The bigger wheels kick ass for rolling over anything; fields, roads, whatever.

After that we switched over to the Mclaren Triumph, and we keep one in each vehicle now. Hardly using them now doe.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:39 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:27 pm So. Strollers. What ya got? Do you like it? Any tips for a new to be dad shopping for a wheelie chair?

We used a Baby Trend Expedition when she was a tiny munchkin. The bigger wheels kick ass for rolling over anything; fields, roads, whatever.

After that we switched over to the Mclaren Triumph, and we keep one in each vehicle now. Hardly using them now doe.
That looks pretty good and is totally reasonably priced!
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:10 pm The Uppa is fucking awesome. We did Bobs and loved em... For those first six months having something that works with your car seat is key
It looks nice for sure. Price point seems rough. Used they’re reasonable.

Yeah I want a stroller that can accept a car seat. Just seems to make more sense. If it has a bassinet too that’s great, that way if it falls asleep while cruising we can bring it in and just let it sleep in the thingy.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:26 pm Just popping in yo say that while I adore my brother's kids, they're enough :baby: ing for me. So no :baby: hate from me, just don't want any of my own. Hat's off to those who do, :doe: Grats and good luck to you Johnny and Mrs. _P!
Get the fuck out of here Ron.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

My uncle has a 18 month old and I'm just :wub:

Planning kids in the future? Yes

Hmm what else :iono:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny. For the love of all that is good and holy, travel with you child like a Navy Seal Team. Tight, light, combat ready. Packable lightweight aluminum stroller. Gear in a tight packpack.

Don't be that couple rolling into Applebee's with the "Jeep" stroller wider than a Hellcat Widebody with more suspension than a Ford Raptor. 3 water bottles. 4 juice bottles. Snacks. 5 diapers. These are the people that need to be killed Johnny. Stand and deliver.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

http://gbchildusa.com/products/pockit/

Ready to hunt the Taliban.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:07 am
wap wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:26 pm Just popping in yo say that while I adore my brother's kids, they're enough :baby: ing for me. So no :baby: hate from me, just don't want any of my own. Hat's off to those who do, :doe: Grats and good luck to you Johnny and Mrs. _P!
Get the fuck out of here Ron.
:(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:17 am Johnny. For the love of all that is good and holy, travel with you child like a Navy Seal Team. Tight, light, combat ready. Packable lightweight aluminum stroller. Gear in a tight packpack.

Don't be that couple rolling into Applebee's with the "Jeep" stroller wider than a Hellcat Widebody with more suspension than a Ford Raptor. 3 water bottles. 4 juice bottles. Snacks. 5 diapers. These are the people that need to be killed Johnny. Stand and deliver.
:lolol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:17 am Johnny. For the love of all that is good and holy, travel with you child like a Navy Seal Team. Tight, light, combat ready. Packable lightweight aluminum stroller. Gear in a tight packpack.

I’m all about compact and light traveling when possible. The wife and I would like something Smaller because our house is tiny and we take public transit a lot.

The one you posted looks pretty good.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:29 am Also, wearing the baby is even better. We have both a Bjorn and a Ergo.
Yeah I think this is how we will roll most of the time.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

We were gifted an Evenflo Pivot Modular traveling system which comes with the car seat, base, and foldable stroller component. Comes with a bassinet modular one as well if you’re not traveling by car or just taking a brisk walk.

I am not an expert by any means but it works well for us for an “all in one solution”. We also have a KeyFit 30 car seat in my car. Wish we didn’t get gifted two separate car seats so we could’ve just had one and modular’d it.

Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System, Lightweight Baby Stroller, Sleek & Versatile, Easy Infant Car Seat Transfer, Oversized Storage Basket, Blanket Boot, Travel Stroller, 3-Panel Canopy, Sandstone Tan https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071VHBYX8/re ... nEb7PHN1PB
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

:dat: plus with all the tactical stuff being “in” these days, you cal look like a Navy Seal Team while doing it. I actually like that style of stuff and will probably lean towards it when I :baby:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:11 am
[user not found] wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:29 am Also, wearing the baby is even better. We have both a Bjorn and a Ergo.
Concur, wearing the child is max tactical.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:01 pm

Concur, wearing the child is max tactical.
I mean I’ll be armed with a pit bull so...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Both of my boys found it too restricting unfortunately but we didn't bother looking in fancy contraptions that might work better then what we inherited.

Owned a Peg Prego stroller and it worked for us for both boys but it was bulky and squeaky and I can't really endorse it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

we got the Britax I believe.

it's like a budget version of some expensive thing.

agree with [user not found], you need a carrier base, and a stroller that accepts the carrier the first 6 months. the Britax then converts to a regular stroller. it's pretty light too.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:27 am

we got the Britax I believe.

it's like a budget version of some expensive thing.

agree with [user not found], you need a carrier base, and a stroller that accepts the carrier the first 6 months. the Britax then converts to a regular stroller. it's pretty light too.
So we were gonna do the Britax, all in on it, whole entire system, and then we found out the specific one we wanted the front wheel falls off randomly.... so.... Scratched that, even though there's a 98% chance nothing goes wrong on it.

We landed on the Baby Jogger City Mini, which should be great. They're readily available used for dirt cheap and seem to hold up ok enough.

Car seat we are going to go with the Graco line. Snugride 30 or 35. Whatever the parents want to buy us.
Johnny_P

DIAPER BAGS!

Aight. What you guys got for a single kiddo? Lisa is going :mindblown: trying to find one she likes and has a spreadsheet with 12 bags on it :lolol: :rage:

Want something compact, smallish, good for a couple hours out. Any long trips we'd just bring an extra tote bag anyway or keep extra supply in the car.
Johnny_P

Also... how you guys storing boob juice? Making a hoarde in the freezer seems to be the recommended way to go. But buying an endless supply of single use plastic baggies to freeze it seems fucking retarded.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:15 pm DIAPER BAGS!

Aight. What you guys got for a single kiddo? Lisa is going :mindblown: trying to find one she likes and has a spreadsheet with 12 bags on it :lolol: :rage:

Want something compact, smallish, good for a couple hours out. Any long trips we'd just bring an extra tote bag anyway or keep extra supply in the car.
HighSpeedDaddy. Small business from the town next to me.

#noonelistenstopecs
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:17 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:15 pm DIAPER BAGS!

HighSpeedDaddy. Small business from the town next to me.

#noonelistenstopecs
These look pretty cool. Seems pretty big though? I guess great for day trips and such.