What do you think is the proper way to use money on everyday life?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:28 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:42 am We make. Er. $180 household? Combined? Or something? Live in a house that is not overly desirable to me but works for us. Despite no AC and one tiny bathroom. And I struggle with this all the time as well. Haven't bought a new mountain bike for 4 years because it's expensive. Can't bring myself to buy a car for $25k. My financial dude (who I think I need to fire) says I'm saving entirely too much money. He suggested I create a burn account and dump a set amount into it to literally just light on fire. Happy money of sorts.

I think the important thing is. You're only going to continue getting older. If you have the means to comfortably afford whatever the thing is that you want, just go get it. If that's a $1MM house in Nob Hill then whatever. To Detroit's point.... there's no point in putting up with the rat race if you're not going to reap the spoils of it.

If you're making an assload of money and like your job and want to continue that job, then I think it's safe to live up to the means that job will provide. I was living below my means because although making good money I hated my job. I'd gladly take a job that pays half to be happy in my work and then adjust my life accordingly around it.

:wrong:
The current status quo is A-ok. Future uncertain as it is everywhere, the philosophical debate is what should one do?

In order not to fk with the future, which remains unpredictable AF.
:crang:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:35 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:28 pm

The current status quo is A-ok. Future uncertain as it is everywhere, the philosophical debate is what should one do?

In order not to fk with the future, which remains unpredictable AF.
:dillerman: :crang: :triggered: :triggered: :triggered: :hibachi:
:lolol: :sissyfight:
wap