Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:10 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Simple times.
I think that's the crux of the thread for me.

I'm happier when things are simple. The complexity of added income and advancing in "life" has been more detrimental to my overall happiness than I ever could have imagined.

With zero offspring and any other big picture responsibility, why don't I just live a simple life?
I would say the single biggest surprise of life for me has been that it just gets harder and harder as time goes on, more complexities just kind of happen. I have more resources, no cf, etc but still... oh well. I think you’re on a good track thinking about how you can simplify,
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:12 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:02 pm
:jelly:

I miss track driving.
#metoo

I may have been shopping WRXs last night... :lol:
:doit:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Simple times.

I'm happier when things are simple. The complexity of added income and advancing in "life" has been more detrimental to my overall happiness than I ever could have imagined.

With zero offspring and any other big picture responsibility, why don't I just live a simple life?
:dat:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:03 pm

I would say the single biggest surprise of life for me has been that it just gets harder and harder as time goes on, more complexities just kind of happen. I have more resources, no cf, etc but still... oh well. I think you’re on a good track thinking about how you can simplify,
YES!

It's amazing how complex things get in a hurry...and when you step back you realize it's all self-inflicted. More income means fancier house, fancier cars, fancier activities, fancier traveling, fancier bills, etc, etc. It adds up fast and then you need the income to keep increasing to sustain it all, and it just gets worse and worse.

Now my biggest battle is WHY?!? I love my house, but don't need it to be happy. Same with the cars and other fancy shit.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:50 pm

YES!

It's amazing how complex things get in a hurry...and when you step back you realize it's all self-inflicted. More income means fancier house, fancier cars, fancier activities, fancier traveling, fancier bills, etc, etc. It adds up fast and then you need the income to keep increasing to sustain it all, and it just gets worse and worse.

Now my biggest battle is WHY?!? I love my house, but don't need it to be happy. Same with the cars and other fancy shit.
Less can be more. :mindblown:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Apex wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:21 pm
YES!

Less can be more. :mindblown:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

YES!

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Apex wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:18 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:15 pm
I don't have any tracks to drive at, otherwise I probably would have held onto my :poorvette:

Oh well, the simple vehicular life sure is easier. Plus I :wub: mah :jeep: :truk:

This is why NJ is pretty ideal in regards to track driving. :troywax:
NJMP, Lime Rock, Pocono, Watkins Glen, Summit Point, VIR, Mid-Ohio all within a ~8 hour drive.
that's about 40 mins from me! They also have dat Nurburgring carousel too on one of their tracks. I might do dub deliverance on August 2020.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:35 pm

NJMP, Lime Rock, Pocono, Watkins Glen, Summit Point, VIR, Mid-Ohio all within a ~8 hour drive.
that's about 40 mins from me! They also have dat Nurburgring carousel too on one of their tracks. I might do dub deliverance on August 2020.
Summit Point is an underrated track IMO. It’s great fun.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:35 pm

I did Dub Deliverance there in like 2013 or something, was 5/7. It was my first time driving on track. Awesome price point, cool track, cool event.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:eeyore:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

It's cliche but I think "Walden" is a good book on this topic.

It's interesting that everyone, or every man, has these feelings at some point in their lives.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Live in a cabin in the woods and build custom wood fire pizza ovens for fun/some income.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:32 pm Live in a cabin in the woods and build custom wood fire pizza ovens for fun/some income.
:notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:32 pm Live in a cabin in the woods and build custom wood fire pizza ovens for fun/some income.
I can get into this idea.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:44 pm It's cliche but I think "Walden" is a good book on this topic.

It's interesting that everyone, or every man, has these feelings at some point in their lives.
Can't remember if I read this or not. I should.
Apex

Started watching that Matt’s Towing YouTube channel with my cf last night. 5/7 stuff there, would absolutely love that job there.

Also, :jeep: + :doge: makes for an excited cf
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:44 pm It's cliche but I think "Walden" is a good book on this topic.

hey, i remember that. Good reference. :like:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:57 am Started watching that Matt’s Towing YouTube channel with my cf last night. 5/7 stuff there, would absolutely love that job there.

Also, :jeep: + :doge: makes for an excited cf
:fuckyeah:

It's an awesome channel. Dude is totally living the dream.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:54 am

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practice resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms, and, if it proved to be mean, why then to get the whole and genuine meanness of it, and publish its meanness to the world; or if it were sublime, to know it by experience, and be able to give a true account of it in my next excursion.

— Henry David Thoreau
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:43 pm

Yeah, unless you have a :meata:

:disappoint:

Can’t track muh car without a roll bar.
Sell your car to buy a roll bar
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

Irish wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:24 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:54 am
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practice resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms, and, if it proved to be mean, why then to get the whole and genuine meanness of it, and publish its meanness to the world; or if it were sublime, to know it by experience, and be able to give a true account of it in my next excursion.

— Henry David Thoreau
Book ordered. 5/7 look forward to reading.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:34 pm
razr390 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:25 pm

Sell your car to buy a roll bar
I’m selling my car to sell my car.
You’re selling your car to spend more time in the woods.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:34 pm I’m selling my car to sell my car.
You never had your car.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:05 pm
Apex wrote:
You never had your car.
:notbad: