razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:34 pm
razr390 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:25 pm

Sell your car to buy a roll bar
I’m selling my car to sell my car.
Why don’t you... take yourself for a test drive against yourself. What the fuck :dillerman: -ception
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:02 pm

You’re selling your car to spend more time in the woods.
Wife and I camped this weekend. Had the entire campground to ourselves...site was on a private pond/lake that we could launch the kayaks directly onto.

I'm in a different state of mind. Walden shit.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:26 am
Apex wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:02 pm

You’re selling your car to spend more time in the woods.
Wife and I camped this weekend. Had the entire campground to ourselves...site was on a private pond/lake that we could launch the kayaks directly onto.

I'm in a different state of mind. Walden shit.
:megusta:
ChrisoftheNorth

viewtopic.php?p=400292#p400292

Recapping the trip and the Glamper...I wanted to keep my thoughts about existential issues separate.

So the entire weekend we were alone. We didn't encounter another human from when I bought gas at 7:30pm Friday night until Sunday afternoon at 3pm (also buying gas). Not a single person. It would have felt like creepy end of world shit if it wasn't so damned serene. We drank, smoked, screwed, and took in the mind-altering serenity from being the only two people in existence for 40 hours. I can't begin to explain how it made me feel. I can totally see how spending an extended period of time all on your own "finding yourself" could be life changing...and I desire that now more than ever. Clearly a weekend is very different from a permanent move years+, but it's really made me think about everything. I'm not a city person. I'm not a person that particularly needs people around. I need the elements and nature to keep me grounded. To humble me and make me equal parts grateful for life and sad that we as humans are destroying so much of the essence of existence.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:04 am viewtopic.php?p=400292#p400292

Recapping the trip and the Glamper...I wanted to keep my thoughts about existential issues separate.

So the entire weekend we were alone. We didn't encounter another human from when I bought gas at 7:30pm Friday night until Sunday afternoon at 3pm (also buying gas). Not a single person. It would have felt like creepy end of world shit if it wasn't so damned serene. We drank, smoked, screwed, and took in the mind-altering serenity from being the only two people in existence for 40 hours. I can't begin to explain how it made me feel. I can totally see how spending an extended period of time all on your own "finding yourself" could be life changing...and I desire that now more than ever. Clearly a weekend is very different from a permanent move years+, but it's really made me think about everything. I'm not a city person. I'm not a person that particularly needs people around. I need the elements and nature to keep me grounded. To humble me and make me equal parts grateful for life and sad that we as humans are destroying so much of the essence of existence.
Nice. Pics were great.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

razr390 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:25 pm

Sell your car to buy a roll bar
Sell your track to car your rollbar.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

[user not found] wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:53 am
Melon wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:45 am

Sell your track to car your rollbar.
I'll track my rollbar to sell your car
:mahman:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Sounds sublime.

No Tony's :doe:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:51 am

Sounds sublime.

Didn't take photos, but we brought two ribeyes from the butcher by our house (could source them locally too) and a few potatoes. The gas station I got gas at Friday night had a '16 Napa Valley Cab for $12.99.

Got the fire nice and hot on Saturday night, wrapped potatoes in foil and let them chill in the coals for an hour, then seared the steaks over the fire.

The steaks were absolutely unbelievable, the potatoes were so soft, and the wine was surprisingly :notbad: No joke one of the best dinners I've ever had.

Was it enhanced by the location and experience? Yea...probably. But that's the point. I love Tony's because it's sometimes my escape from the city, but there's been times I've gone and it's standing room only in there. That's not enjoyable to me.

I'll take a steak seared over a campfire by myself in the middle of nowhere to a dive bar in a city any day. I'm realizing that more and more now.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:07 pm

Sounds sublime.

Didn't take photos, but we brought two ribeyes from the butcher by our house (could source them locally too) and a few potatoes. The gas station I got gas at Friday night had a '16 Napa Valley Cab for $12.99.

Got the fire nice and hot on Saturday night, wrapped potatoes in foil and let them chill in the coals for an hour, then seared the steaks over the fire.

The steaks were absolutely unbelievable, the potatoes were so soft, and the wine was surprisingly :notbad: No joke one of the best dinners I've ever had.

Was it enhanced by the location and experience? Yea...probably. But that's the point. I love Tony's because it's sometimes my escape from the city, but there's been times I've gone and it's standing room only in there. That's not enjoyable to me.

I'll take a steak seared over a campfire by myself in the middle of nowhere to a dive bar in a city any day. I'm realizing that more and more now.
Simple:

First we eat :meat: , then we touch :meat: :hubba: serenity :dock:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:10 pm

Simple:

First we eat :meat: , then we touch :meat: :hubba: serenity :dock:
I'm a simple creature.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Sounds like cabin is full steam ahead :fuckyeah:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Sounds like cabin is full steam ahead :fuckyeah:
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:13 pm Sounds like cabin is full steam ahead :fuckyeah:
Yea...something is going to happen. The rat race isn't for me. My brain is a disaster today.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:14 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:13 pm Sounds like cabin is full steam ahead :fuckyeah:
Yea...something is going to happen. The rat race isn't for me. My brain is a disaster today.
Can you help me visualize your brain in a PowerPoint?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:20 pm
:hellno:
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:20 pm
:gtfo:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I sent a resume to a place yesterday. :popcorn:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:55 pm
:popcorn:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:02 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:55 pm

It's a huge swing for the fences, and even if I get a callback the numbers might not work. But gotta do something besides endlessly bitch
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:02 pm
It's a huge swing for the fences, and even if I get a callback the numbers might not work. But gotta do something besides endlessly bitch
Yep, absolutely. You won't know unless you try.

Plus, it takes 100 nos to get 1 maybe it seems with job hunting, so the more you throw out, the better.

Here's hoping something pans out for you man.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:38 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:15 pm

Happiness is something you can't put a number on.
So, so true.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Sounds sublime.

:notwrong:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Sounds sublime.

I like both...Dives are fun, fancy dinners in the woods are fun.. and fancy dinners on top of the 80th floor are fun. I like and have done all 3 in the last 3 months.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:19 pm

I like both...Dives are fun, fancy dinners in the woods are fun.. and fancy dinners on top of the 80th floor are fun. I like and have done all 3 in the last 3 months.
Same...but lately the fancy dinners are valued less and less. In fact, I could do without them entirely if it meant less stress from work.