OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Melon wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:16 am Lowe's didn't have any restrictions. I went on Saturday, and only needed building materials. That side of the store was empty as fuck, but the other side was packed. Sunday and yesterday it was nearly empty.
PetSmart was a ghost town.
I went to lowes for some minor supplies. It was pretty empty overall. Except the paint aisle.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:17 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:10 am
I've got a buddy that works at Home Depot as a manager in the customer service dept. He said the Karens are just going to HD now. Angry about social distancing measures leading to long lines outside the store (they only let a certain number of people in at a time). Angry about how long curbside pickup of online orders is taking. Angry about not being able to buy masks (he said his store decided to donate 100% of masks to our local hospital...as soon as a pallet comes in, they mark it for donation and someone drives a rental pickup over to the hospital).

Karens always gonna find a way to Karen.
I think the whole “metering” situation is :fullretard: you stand in line to get into the store to get coughed at. I’m
Surprised they are even getting shipments of masks to the stores considering the :fullretard: mask
Sitch
I've seen where some Wal-Mart stores have implemented "one-way" shopping.
Can increase the number of people inside at once.

I get the standing in line part, people don't maintain proper distance, and it throws the whole system out-of-whack. I just go as off-peak hours as I can, wear a mask, again to prevent face touching, and wash hands as soon as I get home.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:19 am
Melon wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:16 am Lowe's didn't have any restrictions. I went on Saturday, and only needed building materials. That side of the store was empty as fuck, but the other side was packed. Sunday and yesterday it was nearly empty.
PetSmart was a ghost town.
I went to lowes for some minor supplies. It was pretty empty overall. Except the paint aisle.

Yeah, I needed paint supplies.
I could only find one combo pack of the cheap brushes, all the rollers, trays, and other brushes were fucking gone.
I haven't seen a run on building supplies like this since the flood aftermath.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

nakenyon wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:10 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:52 am
Ah, so this is something to fight boredom with. Right on.
Not just boredom. If you're going out and wear a cloth mask, it will reduce the amount of droplets that you put out into the world. It obviously isn't going to filter like an N95, but it will reduce spread to some degree.
Agreed, I don't understand why people wouldn't want to make that effort. There is strong evidence that it is helping.
Johnny_P

Melon wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:21 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:19 am

Yeah, I needed paint supplies.
I could only find one combo pack of the cheap brushes, all the rollers, trays, and other brushes were fucking gone.
I haven't seen a run on building supplies like this since the flood aftermath.
Everyone raiding the pallets and paint to make "GATHER" signs to hang in their dining rooms.
Johnny_P

Tarspin wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:22 am
nakenyon wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:10 am

Not just boredom. If you're going out and wear a cloth mask, it will reduce the amount of droplets that you put out into the world. It obviously isn't going to filter like an N95, but it will reduce spread to some degree.
Agreed, I don't understand why people wouldn't want to make that effort. There is strong evidence that it is helping.
This is basically the intent. You're likely not going to be wearing a mask correctly anyway, or removing and disposing of it correctly. The intent is to reduce the amount of bs you're spreading around if you are COVID-positive and don't know it.
Johnny_P

Melon wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:20 am
I think the whole “metering” situation is :fullretard: you stand in line to get into the store to get coughed at. I’m
Surprised they are even getting shipments of masks to the stores considering the :fullretard: mask
Sitch

I get the standing in line part, people don't maintain proper distance, and it throws the whole system out-of-whack. I just go as off-peak hours as I can, wear a mask, again to prevent face touching, and wash hands as soon as I get home.
We have that at the grocery store. Everyone is ignoring it.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:10 am
I've got a buddy that works at Home Depot as a manager in the customer service dept. He said the Karens are just going to HD now. Angry about social distancing measures leading to long lines outside the store (they only let a certain number of people in at a time). Angry about how long curbside pickup of online orders is taking. Angry about not being able to buy masks (he said his store decided to donate 100% of masks to our local hospital...as soon as a pallet comes in, they mark it for donation and someone drives a rental pickup over to the hospital).

Karens always gonna find a way to Karen.
Sitch
Metering is a .gov requirement apparently...I'm also :notsure:

He said they're not getting many mask shipments, but when they do it's straight to the hospital.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:25 am
Tarspin wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:22 am

This is basically the intent. You're likely not going to be wearing a mask correctly anyway, or removing and disposing of it correctly. The intent is to reduce the amount of bs you're spreading around if you are COVID-positive and don't know it.
Wife went to the store yesterday and took photos of the parking lot. Gloves and masks all over the ground...apparently people get to their vehicles, rip off the gloves and masks, throw them on the ground, and drive off leaving someone else to deal with the issue. It's absolutely disgusting.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:27 am
Sitch

He said they're not getting many mask shipments, but when they do it's straight to the hospital.
It's how the supply chain is setup. They get a truck with pallets of all sorts of different shit.
The ones with the masks are unloaded and routed to a hospital.
(I'm assuming based on previous experience listed below)

When I was at BestBuy we had an entirely separate team for inventory. They were like this ninja team that worked from 6-8am just scanning shit and restocking shelves.
Trucks came in, pallets of all sorts of shit, unloaded and distributed. The normal employees never had to do much but 'laser line' items as people bought shit.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Sitch

look at you, using common fucking sense! :mindblown:

what if, there is a line, you turn around and try again at another time.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:31 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:27 am

It's how the supply chain is setup. They get a truck with pallets of all sorts of different shit.
The ones with the masks are unloaded and routed to a hospital.
(I'm assuming based on previous experience listed below)

When I was at BestBuy we had an entirely separate team for inventory. They were like this ninja team that worked from 6-8am just scanning shit and restocking shelves.
Trucks came in, pallets of all sorts of shit, unloaded and distributed. The normal employees never had to do much but 'laser line' items as people bought shit.
This is my retail experience as well. I assume HD is the same.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:31 am

Wife went to the store yesterday and took photos of the parking lot. Gloves and masks all over the ground...apparently people get to their vehicles, rip off the gloves and masks, throw them on the ground, and drive off leaving someone else to deal with the issue. It's absolutely disgusting.
Ugh.

I only bother with gloves if I'm getting gas, one hand does the card in and out (ungloved) one does the button pressing and handle (gloved)
Immediately thrown away.

This is also only one experience, as I've only gotten gas once in the past three weeks.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:33 am

look at you, using common fucking sense! :mindblown:

what if, there is a line, you turn around and try again at another time.
This is always my strategy, end of times or not.

I fucking hate lines, and almost never need something bad enough to stand in one.
Johnny_P

People are the biggest plague to this planet.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:34 am
And this is fixing it...
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:dat:

bring a damn trash bag. People are really the worst.
ChrisoftheNorth

:triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:34 am

And this is fixing it...
:mahman:

Thinning the herd is never easy. I just wish it didnt impact our healthcare workers and olds so aggressively. Can we have a plague for just the jackasses we dont like?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:35 am :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu: :triggered: :howdareu:
:aintcare:

probably will survive this plague and societal collapse.

:caspian:
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:33 am
Ugh.

I only bother with gloves if I'm getting gas, one hand does the card in and out (ungloved) one does the button pressing and handle (gloved)
Immediately thrown away.

This is also only one experience, as I've only gotten gas once in the past three weeks.
I got gas a few times this weekend for my yard project. Every time the gas station I go to had a dude outside wiping down pumps after use. It's our local neighborhood gas station, they're not the cheapest, but they're great people that I'm glad to have in my community. Happy to keep them in business.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I am not against a few million people dying. It would do a world of good. Unpopular opinion, yards, yards, Pecs is :wrong: as usual.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

[user not found] wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:14 am
nakenyon wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:12 am

Glad to see Karens are resourceful.
Karens are Beckys that have weaponized their privilege.
Hot take. I like it.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:33 am
Ugh.

Immediately thrown away.

I got it twice now. Same deal. Glove one hand. Throw in can when done. Grocery store is just wipes on cart and hands, then lots of washing after.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:36 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:34 am
And this is fixing it...
:mahman:

Thinning the herd is never easy. I just wish it didnt impact our healthcare workers and olds so aggressively. Can we have a plague for just the jackasses we dont like?
:aintcare: