OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Got last minute tickets to Hall and Oates last night. Squeeze was the opener. Squeeze did a really good job of reproducing their studio sound. H & O had a fantastic backing band but Hall decided to perform stylized renderings of their hits......which drives me batshit.

I can understand mixing things up a bit on a line or two... here and there, but changing the phrasing and timing of entire songs?? I really kind of want to be able to recognize the songs as they were when released. It was entertaining but I left mostly :disappoint: It was the first show of the tour so I would guess that a) they will they get better and b) someone will suggest that he stop the prima donna shit and sing the songs they way they sound on the records....
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:03 pm Got last minute tickets to Hall and Oates last night. Squeeze was the opener. Squeeze did a really good job of reproducing their studio sound. H & O had a fantastic backing band but Hall decided to perform stylized renderings of their hits......which drives me batshit.

I can understand mixing things up a bit on a line or two... here and there, but changing the phrasing and timing of entire songs?? I really kind of want to be able to recognize the songs as they were when released. It was entertaining but I left mostly :disappoint: It was the first show of the tour so I would guess that a) they will they get better and b) someone will suggest that he stop the prima donna shit and sing the songs they way they sound on the records....
:aintcare: about H&A, but I bet Squeeze was :fuckyeah: . I'd love to see them. Always liked Jools Holland.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

wap wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:57 pm
Irish wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:03 pm Got last minute tickets to Hall and Oates last night. Squeeze was the opener. Squeeze did a really good job of reproducing their studio sound. H & O had a fantastic backing band but Hall decided to perform stylized renderings of their hits......which drives me batshit.

:aintcare: about H&A, but I bet Squeeze was :fuckyeah: . I'd love to see them. Always liked Jools Holland.
For my money, Squeeze out performed H & O and I was actually surprised that I knew so many of their songs.....I guess I gave other bands credit back in the day..... in my defence, I was a hard rocker when most of their stuff came out....so the second wave british stuff wasn't really on my radar as serious music..... but now that I have gone back and listened these guys were really good song writers....
wap

Irish wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:07 pm
wap wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:57 pm

For my money, Squeeze out performed H & O and I was actually surprised that I knew so many of their songs.....I guess I gave other bands credit back in the day..... in my defence, I was a hard rocker when most of their stuff came out....so the second wave british stuff wasn't really on my radar as serious music..... but now that I have gone back and listened these guys were really good song writers....
They really were good song writers! Their catalog was so varied. Ballads, rockers, new wave, etc. :impressive:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:hai:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

razr390 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:49 pm:hai:
:howdy:

Edit: ended the first game at league with a 258, and now I've got to go off the sheet for a 213 this game but I'm struggling. :fuuuuuuuu:
wap

:disgust:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:06 pm:disgust:
Never been in a bowling league :wap: ?

What was it like when rocks were used as balls?
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:42 pm
wap wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:06 pm:disgust:
Never been in a bowling league :wap: ?

What was it like when rocks were used as balls?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3q5oWdPPyE
wap

Actually, that wasn't directed at you or bowling. Just my current mood.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:59 pm Actually, that wasn't directed at you or bowling. Just my current mood.
Well I shot a new personal best tonight from your :disgust: motivation thank you :wap: sir
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:09 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:49 pm:hai:
:howdy:

Edit: ended the first game at league with a 258, and now I've got to go off the sheet for a 213 this game but I'm struggling. :fuuuuuuuu:
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:03 pm
wap wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:59 pm Actually, that wasn't directed at you or bowling. Just my current mood.
Well I shot a new personal best tonight from your :disgust: motivation thank you :wap: sir
:fuckyeah:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

258? Goddam.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I've been thinking about finding a bowling league to join...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I suck at bowling but it’s fun.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:45 am I suck at bowling but it’s fun.
That's the thing...if you don't take it too seriously, it's fun nomatter your skill. I need to find people that feel the same way :doe: I'd definitely drag a team down.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:54 am
Apex wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:45 am I suck at bowling but it’s fun.
That's the thing...if you don't take it too seriously, it's fun nomatter your skill. I need to find people that feel the same way :doe: I'd definitely drag a team down.
:dat: I would not benefit a team, but it’s a fun way to kill some time.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:56 am
Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:54 am
I really need an activity to kill time before I drink/smoke myself into oblivion.

Thought about bowling leagues, continuing ed classes (would be cool to learn to weld or something), or even shopping for shipt.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
Apex wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:56 am :dat: I would not benefit a team, but it’s a fun way to kill some time.
I really need an activity to kill time before I drink/smoke myself into oblivion.

Thought about bowling leagues, continuing ed classes (would be cool to learn to weld or something), or even shopping for shipt.
We finally signed up for the ymca here this week and went to one class so far. It turns out that Zumba is hard as fuck if you don't dance or know pop music. Being around a bunch of bouncy smiley happy people is also a really weird feeling, like being in an alternate universe.

:notsure: about it as a workout but I need the rhythm and forced socializing... and the wife really needs the workout so if I can get her to go then I guess we're going.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:27 am
Detroit wrote: I really need an activity to kill time before I drink/smoke myself into oblivion.

We finally signed up for the ymca here this week and went to one class so far. It turns out that Zumba is hard as fuck if you don't dance or know pop music. Being around a bunch of bouncy smiley happy people is also a really weird feeling, like being in an alternate universe.

:notsure: about it as a workout but I need the rhythm and forced socializing... and the wife really needs the workout so if I can get her to go then I guess we're going.
I hate the gym, but classes can be motivating. Yoga can also kick your ass, surprisingly.

Wife decided to get a personal trainer. She's working out 3 nights a week and really enjoying it. I'm just waiting for the spring so I can ride my bike again. Did 20 miles when it hit 50 here last Sunday.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:59 am
Apex wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:56 am

you are not smoking cigarettes now are you?

bowling is usually heavily corolated with drinking, so that might not help if you are looking for something to do that does not involve booze
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Yoga+bike is probably what I should do for a workout but I've been too lazy to do it. The Y has some yoga stuff :doe: so maybe I'll try it this year.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:33 am
Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:59 am

you are not smoking cigarettes now are you?

bowling is usually heavily corolated with drinking, so that might not help if you are looking for something to do that does not involve booze
Ganja, no cigarettes.

Drinking socially might be better than drinking alone?

:iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:34 am Yoga+bike is probably what I should do for a workout but I've been too lazy to do it. The Y has some yoga stuff :doe: so maybe I'll try it this year.
Give it a shot. Low impact, somewhat relaxing, but still can be a hell of a workout.