OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:31 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:25 pm

we had absolutely shit rain most of the weekend. I ended up brewing beer and rushing through yard work.
Man, we could use some rain. Supposed to get it tonight :doe: :popcorn:
You gon' learn today
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:41 pm I think I have a migraine. Every time I stand up I get a pounding headache and my vision goes blurry.

Gotta pick up my suit from the tailors. Gotta buy a shirt, tie, and shoes for the wedding. Likely just a white shirt and light purple tie. Forgot my brown shoes were rekt. Dammit. Fucking shoes lasted 3 wears before the sole separated. They weren't exactly cheap either.
Discuss songs with the DJ tonight.
Figure out some last minute details.
Book a rental car and national park tickets for honeymoon.

On top of that mom has started the guilt train horseshit despite not wanting to be involved with ANY of my wedding planning I'm being told I'm :wrong: on some details. :gtfo: this is not helpful at this point. My sister begged that I invite her friend from middle school because they don't get to see each other ever and they're staying together in Brooklyn. OK, fine, whatever, I don't need them at the wedding but it's important to her and I can deal because this girl is a friend. Now I'm being told I need to invite them to the rehearsal dinner the night before which is family-only. Um? Why?

Going to Houston for a week didn't help this ONE BIT. Some heads up on that would have been peachy. If I didn't go, I'd have all my dress up stuff figured out. Instead, now I'm running around like a nut while also "working from home."

On the plus side, I have a monster pile of wine and beer in the corner of my living room that I purchased Saturday. :notbad:

:whocares:
In4pics
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Wedding stuff can be stressful AF, but it's a rad day once it comes and the rest is even better. Just sucks you're getting wrenches thrown in with :bs: work travel and parental garbage
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:48 pm Wedding stuff can be stressful AF, but it's a rad day once it comes and the rest is even better. Just sucks you're getting wrenches thrown in with :bs: work travel and parental garbage
It's going to be nice. I will enjoy it I think. We are skipping a lot of the meaningless detritus associated with the wedding industry's desire to separate people from their money. So a lot of the vomit inducing stuff won't happen. But regardless it's a shitload of money, time, effort, and headaches. I dunno. I keep telling myself it would have been just as much, if not more, of a shit show if we just did a city hall wedding instead of this.

I'm at the point I don't really care though. The little bs stuff... whatever. No, I don't care what the box looks like for people to put cards in.

We aren't allowed to throw confetti, rice, or flower petals at the arboretum. So I bought the flower children a bubble gun in the shape of a T-rex. Fuck yeah. NFG. Jelly I don't get to play with it.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

You should have hired a planner.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

dubshow wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:24 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:35 am gonna make 6k post count today
:wrong:
yup I broke my promise :sad:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

now its time to redeem myself
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

i know im an annoying bitch for the day but, #postcountsmatters
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:41 pm I think I have a migraine. Every time I stand up I get a pounding headache and my vision goes blurry.

Gotta pick up my suit from the tailors. Gotta buy a shirt, tie, and shoes for the wedding. Likely just a white shirt and light purple tie. Forgot my brown shoes were rekt. Dammit. Fucking shoes lasted 3 wears before the sole separated. They weren't exactly cheap either.
Discuss songs with the DJ tonight.
Figure out some last minute details.
Book a rental car and national park tickets for honeymoon.

On top of that mom has started the guilt train horseshit despite not wanting to be involved with ANY of my wedding planning I'm being told I'm :wrong: on some details. :gtfo: this is not helpful at this point. My sister begged that I invite her friend from middle school because they don't get to see each other ever and they're staying together in Brooklyn. OK, fine, whatever, I don't need them at the wedding but it's important to her and I can deal because this girl is a friend. Now I'm being told I need to invite them to the rehearsal dinner the night before which is family-only. Um? Why?

Going to Houston for a week didn't help this ONE BIT. Some heads up on that would have been peachy. If I didn't go, I'd have all my dress up stuff figured out. Instead, now I'm running around like a nut while also "working from home."

On the plus side, I have a monster pile of wine and beer in the corner of my living room that I purchased Saturday. :notbad:

:whocares:
:ohdang: :amaze: :fuckyeah:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:54 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:48 pm Wedding stuff can be stressful AF, but it's a rad day once it comes and the rest is even better. Just sucks you're getting wrenches thrown in with :bs: work travel and parental garbage
It's going to be nice. I will enjoy it I think. We are skipping a lot of the meaningless detritus associated with the wedding industry's desire to separate people from their money. So a lot of the vomit inducing stuff won't happen. But regardless it's a shitload of money, time, effort, and headaches. I dunno. I keep telling myself it would have been just as much, if not more, of a shit show if we just did a city hall wedding instead of this.

I'm at the point I don't really care though. The little bs stuff... whatever. No, I don't care what the box looks like for people to put cards in.

We aren't allowed to throw confetti, rice, or flower petals at the arboretum. So I bought the flower children a bubble gun in the shape of a T-rex. Fuck yeah. NFG. Jelly I don't get to play with it.
Yea, we skipped so much of the :bs: Didn't even have flower children to deal with. Low key, small group, small venue, still a surprising amount of stress. I'm not sure there's anyway around it...even lighting obscene money on fire for a planner or something would only reduce the stress by so much.

The good thing is this is the only time you'll have to do this, so find a way to get through the BS (like the T-Rex, good call) and enjoy the time.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

dubshow wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:25 pm

we had absolutely shit rain most of the weekend. I ended up brewing beer and rushing through yard work.
We got a fair amount overnight and into this morning. You'll probably get it tonight. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:57 pm You should have hired a planner.
:triggered:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:11 pm
We got a fair amount overnight and into this morning. You'll probably get it tonight. :like:
Yep, clouds have rolled in. Definitely looks like it, so now I don't have to water tonight.

:fuckyeah:
Desertbreh

I've been gone quite a bit lately, so I apologize in advance for not knowing about all of this. Cliffs?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:triggered:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:11 am Was camping off the grid for the last 4 days...really hard getting back into office mode.

At least there's a 3 day weekend on the horizon.
I am struggling to embrace the office life today after the weekend + company outing to Disneyland :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:13 pm

I've been gone quite a bit lately, so I apologize in advance for not knowing about all of this. Cliffs?
:dat:

I knew Johnny got engaged but this escalated quickly, when is the big day?

You were smart to do a short engagement. We did one year and it's still a lot of time for family and friends to open wounds and rub salt in them. I can't wait for the wedding day and the freedom of being done with the wedding to follow.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:11 am Was camping off the grid for the last 4 days...really hard getting back into office mode.

At least there's a 3 day weekend on the horizon.
I am struggling to embrace the office life today after the weekend + company outing to Disneyland :lolol:
How was the Disneyland outing anyway?
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:19 pm

You were smart to do a short engagement. We did one year and it's still a lot of time for family and friends to open wounds and rub salt in them. I can't wait for the wedding day and the freedom of being done with the wedding to follow.
That is the best IMO.
Desertbreh

What?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Way easier to not get married. :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:29 pm Way easier to not get married. :lol:
This is something wife and I have discussed at length. Probably would have gone that route in hindsight, though we've reached the point where the tax benefits are nice.
Johnny_P

We have one
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:22 pm

What?
X2 :popcorn:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
We have one
:dafuq:

:butwhy: