MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:44 am
wap wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:38 am

:wat:
I don't completely understand this post, but I'm sorry for your obviously painful loss.
Cliffs:. My best friend who I wanted to marry no longer wants me in any part of her life. Not looking for sympathy or anything just using dfd as an outlet.
I've been in couple of those situations, especially the one just recently, except it didn't last that long nor I spent a lot of money, but once that happens, you realize that you could've move on. I still feel it now, but not as much. So I know it feels like :eeyore:

If I hear friend one more time :nope: or actually be friends.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:15 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:22 am

The worst part is I've wasted 4.5 prime years of her life. I had full intentions to marry her but there were things I had to get sorted in my life first, and she was on board as well then in one night I throw it all away. I've met her friends, and her family who were even starting to be ok with her marrying a white guy (she's full 100% Arab) and I'm just completely humiliated for the both of us.
Someone of the :bobble: got to her, or she's now being forced to marry someone for the money.

:(
No it's something I did which she said made her feel worthless, and that she can no longer trust anything I say to her about herself. I can't imagine doing any more mental harm to someone than that. It's honestly 100% all my fault
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:22 am

The worst part is I've wasted 4.5 prime years of her life. I had full intentions to marry her but there were things I had to get sorted in my life first, and she was on board as well then in one night I throw it all away. I've met her friends, and her family who were even starting to be ok with her marrying a white guy (she's full 100% Arab) and I'm just completely humiliated for the both of us.
Someone of the :bobble: got to her, or she's now being forced to marry someone for the money.

Literally (well to an extend for status or whatever), I was in Turkey last summer, one of my friends whose 30 and a girl, we were both heading home and whenever her dad calls she always asks who am I with, once she does tells it's me I heard him saying "oh good". While Arrange marriage is non-existent among my Turkish circle, they're always concerned about who they're with and always ok with someone they know.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:04 am Reflecting on lolz over weekend. I was told, by a boomer, that trump will win the 2020 because he now has the black vote. I asked for stats, he claimed talk radio. I said thats just a bunch of right wing propaganda just as bad as the left media mess.

A boomer.. then told be "you need to get woke"....

:lolol: I laughed so hard.

OK BOOMER.
Talk radio meaning what. Rush Limbaugh?
Yes I'm sure a fat bald racist white guy knows exactly what black people are thinking.

https://www.poynter.org/reporting-editi ... -informed/
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:36 am
dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:04 am Reflecting on lolz over weekend. I was told, by a boomer, that trump will win the 2020 because he now has the black vote. I asked for stats, he claimed talk radio. I said thats just a bunch of right wing propaganda just as bad as the left media mess.

A boomer.. then told be "you need to get woke"....

:lolol: I laughed so hard.

OK BOOMER.
Yes I'm sure a fat bald racist white guy knows exactly what black people are thinking.

I everynow and then tune in just to be :disgust: And im a fucking .gov "conservative"

The constant "us vs them" narrative is :fshitup: yes, rush, hannity, glenn beck, and a few other names i try to forget. Classic rant format, a call in from concerned boomer fudd and 10 mins of ads for some product endorsement that plays into the fear mongering.
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:45 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:36 am

I everynow and then tune in just to be :disgust: And im a fucking .gov "conservative"

The constant "us vs them" narrative is :fshitup: yes, rush, hannity, glenn beck, and a few other names i try to forget. Classic rant format, a call in from concerned boomer fudd and 10 mins of ads for some product endorsement that plays into the fear mongering.
Its pretty unbearable on both sides. Neither is willing to at least try to understand where the other is coming from because all they know or care to know is the bubble they live in. This has been the case for years. But it seems people are getting more and more "dug in" to their individual side. Likely because search engines and social media platforms are tailoring results to show what you're theoretically interested in (in an effort to gain more clicks), so the only news you actually see is very lop sided.

This isn't just political though. It's pretty far reaching. I attended a community meeting about the new bike lane the city installed on 11th street and MAN people were fuming about it. And I use the street as a cyclist, motorist, and walker, so I see all sides and people are just fucking dead set in their mentalities.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

I don't completely understand this post, but I'm sorry for your obviously painful loss.
Cliffs:. My best friend who I wanted to marry no longer wants me in any part of her life. Not looking for sympathy or anything just using dfd as an outlet.
Yea I got that from your subsequent post. Something pretty drastic must have happened for everything to end that abruptly. Many dangs.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Booked all of our 2020 trips this weekend, flights and houses paid.

March: Tennessee for 6 days..

June: Seattle/Canada for 5 days.

October: 14 days in the DC area and surrounding states.

December 12 days on the big island of Hawaii during Christmas.

This was an expensive weekend. The house in DC was surprisingly cheaper than I thought it would be since it's really nice and right near the National Mall and Capitol Hill.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:47 pm Booked all of our 2020 trips this weekend, flights and houses paid.

This was an expensive weekend. The house in DC was surprisingly cheaper than I thought it would be since it's really nice and right near the National Mall and Capitol Hill.
not even one visit to the swamp!? :howdareu:

:jelly: of them places. I still want to see Seattle. Well, and Hawaii but Seattle is more obtainable.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I love Seattle. Gonna make a trip or two up there this winter to go snowboarding.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

That's what we're here for dude. Let it out.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:03 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:45 am

Its pretty unbearable on both sides. Neither is willing to at least try to understand where the other is coming from because all they know or care to know is the bubble they live in. This has been the case for years. But it seems people are getting more and more "dug in" to their individual side. Likely because search engines and social media platforms are tailoring results to show what you're theoretically interested in (in an effort to gain more clicks), so the only news you actually see is very lop sided.

This isn't just political though. It's pretty far reaching. I attended a community meeting about the new bike lane the city installed on 11th street and MAN people were fuming about it. And I use the street as a cyclist, motorist, and walker, so I see all sides and people are just fucking dead set in their mentalities.
Went wheeling this weekend on a remote island cabin in the woods style. A buddy of mine brought his friend who turned out to be a Trump supporter and conspiracy theorist.

Man...talking to him was a trip. Once he found out I didn't care for Trump, it was open season on me...until he realized that I disagree with everything and everyone who's ideology isn't more centrist. The conversation stopped pretty quickly because he couldn't get me :triggered:

My favorite was when he went :triggered: about fiat currency and I asked him who establishes the value of gold? That made him :mindblown:

It was later determined by the group that I am an "apathetic nihilist", which made me think and conclude :notwrong:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:57 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:47 pm Booked all of our 2020 trips this weekend, flights and houses paid.

:jelly: of them places. I still want to see Seattle. Well, and Hawaii but Seattle is more obtainable.
Seattle is pretty whatever, it's just a quickly growing city with city things. The surrounding area is absolutely incredible though.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:44 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:03 pm

Went wheeling this weekend on a remote island cabin in the woods style. A buddy of mine brought his friend who turned out to be a Trump supporter and conspiracy theorist.

Man...talking to him was a trip. Once he found out I didn't care for Trump, it was open season on me...until he realized that I disagree with everything and everyone who's ideology isn't more centrist. The conversation stopped pretty quickly because he couldn't get me :triggered:

My favorite was when he went :triggered: about fiat currency and I asked him who establishes the value of gold? That made him :mindblown:

It was later determined by the group that I am an "apathetic nihilist", which made me think and conclude :notwrong:
I would have just left. My boss goes on pro-trump rants occasionally and I just ignore a lot of it and don't give my opinion at all. It usually helps bring an end to the topic. There's no point in me trying to change anyone's mind if they're that brainwashed.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:24 am

No it's something I did which she said made her feel worthless, and that she can no longer trust anything I say to her about herself. I can't imagine doing any more mental harm to someone than that. It's honestly 100% all my fault
Dang man. I know you’re not ready to share, but really curious what you could have set to set her off that bad.
Johnny_P

What all do you plan on doing/seeing in DC area? 2 weeks is a good chunk of time.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:47 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:57 pm

Seattle is pretty whatever, it's just a quickly growing city with city things. The surrounding area is absolutely incredible though.
I am impressed with their economy though. Impressive specs for the state/area. High household incomes. less poors. Generally a better place to live.

The swamp just came in dead last (tied with AL) on worst states to live in. :eeyore:
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:52 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:47 pm

I am impressed with their economy though. Impressive specs for the state/area. High household incomes. less poors. Generally a better place to live.

The swamp just came in dead last (tied with AL) on worst states to live in. :eeyore:
Amazon did that. Well and Boeing I guess.
Alabama fucking blows.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:54 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:52 pm

Amazon did that. Well and Boeing I guess.
Alabama fucking blows.
And defense companies. Apparently Amzong, MicropeenSoft and the Aerospace industry give them MASSIVE GDP.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I get very sad always being told how shitty my state is when its really the best I got going. :iono: We have some great parts here and I am well travelled. I can't make $80k+ a year and have a $250k house with a garage in very many places. Please show me the places if you know of them. Legit curious.

Our short list to move to:
Denver/Boulder Colorado
Dallas/Austin TX
NC but nothing near Asheville
Florida panhandle
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:08 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:03 pm I get very sad always being told how shitty my state is when its really the best I got going. :iono: We have some great parts here and I am well travelled. I can't make $80k+ a year and have a $250k house with a garage in very many places. Please show me the places if you know of them. Legit curious.

Denver/Boulder Colorado
Dallas/Austin TX
Florida panhandle
Well, I'm making +$80k and have a $240k house, but $240k here doesn't get you as much as it does in the moist south.
:dat:

But I only have a :boxodicks: no :haus:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:03 pm I get very sad always being told how shitty my state is when its really the best I got going. :iono: We have some great parts here and I am well travelled. I can't make $80k+ a year and have a $250k house with a garage in very many places. Please show me the places if you know of them. Legit curious.

Denver/Boulder Colorado
Dallas/Austin TX
Florida panhandle
I would be proud to have what you have. I've never been to the swamp but if you're happy with what you have that's what matters. Fuck the haters. Imo the longer people who have no idea what it's like there continue to say it sucks then the longer it stays affordable.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:08 pm

Denver/Boulder Colorado
Dallas/Austin TX
Florida panhandle
Well, I'm making +$80k and have a $240k house, but $240k here doesn't get you as much as it does in the moist south.
I've been to Jersey :doe: It wasnt for me.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:49 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:44 pm

I would have just left. My boss goes on pro-trump rants occasionally and I just ignore a lot of it and don't give my opinion at all. It usually helps bring an end to the topic. There's no point in me trying to change anyone's mind if they're that brainwashed.
I was in an "altered state" so I found it kind of fascinating to hear someone IRL who's brainwashed like that. :thankstrump: and the :caspian: was truly :mindblown: to me.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:11 pm

Denver/Boulder Colorado
Dallas/Austin TX
Florida panhandle
I would be proud to have what you have. I've never been to the swamp but if you're happy with what you have that's what matters. Fuck the haters. Imo the longer people who have no idea what it's like there continue to say it sucks then the longer it stays affordable.
You have a point. I just dont see how the stats line up to take a massive shit on us on every list. But I also want to see if the grass really is greener everywhere else. Im not overly unhappy here, more just curious how LITERALLY every other states is leaps and bounds better. I'd wager the high parts like high end school and wages/jobs get MASSIVELY overshadowed by the immense amount of poors here and when averaged all together looks real bad.

One stat, Higher Ed. Article quoted 3% citizens are college educated. :lolwut: on the flip side of that we have a lot of state colleges graduating people (for free with our state TOPS program) and the leave. :iono: