Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:11 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:35 pm

:foreveralone:

I used to care so much about this stuff but now just use some Amazon $20 BT ear bugs and they work fine for me. May get some noise cancelling something eventually since I have a yard now and the blower/mower are quite loud.
if it makes you feel any better, I paid $100 for Powerbeats 3 for 50% off from Best Buy and I had cheaper headphones that actually has better sound output :sad: Also mom just bought fake AirPods off wish for 7 bucks and they're mindblowingly better than my beats too. Only lasts for 3 hours though according to the box :sad: and had to turn both of them on which are annoying.
Last time I was at WorstBuy, I thought the Beats sounded pretty bad, and the Sony and JBL cans were much better and really pretty close to each other.

I appreciated the clarity of the Shures. They never really had pounding bass, and the cable routing is strange, where they go up and over your ear. They're uncomfortable to wear after like 3 hours. But generally good for a plane because compact to pack, great noise isolation, and clear sound.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:47 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:34 am Sooo, my :plac: uncle went back to a Porsche again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man... a lot of people seem to love the Cayenne, I guess it must drive well for an SUV, but just does nothing for me personally.
We are pretty happy with its brother...... The T-Reg drives great and the nannies (lane assist and adaptive cruise) actually add the the driving experience/illusion of luxury for me..... I really love driving that thing...... not too crazy about the fuel economy :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Irish wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:09 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:47 am

Man... a lot of people seem to love the Cayenne, I guess it must drive well for an SUV, but just does nothing for me personally.
We are pretty happy with its brother...... The T-Reg drives great and the nannies (lane assist and adaptive cruise) actually add the the driving experience/illusion of luxury for me..... I really love driving that thing...... not too crazy about the fuel economy :doe:
I actually like the T-Reg over the Cayenne... it is not masquerading as a sports car, just openly being what it is, a very nice family vehicle.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:50 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:01 am Where the fuck is the snow this winter? :disappoint:
Everywhere but here.

I could've daily driven a :meata: this winter.
too bad you sold it :sad:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:24 pm
Irish wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:09 pm

I actually like the T-Reg over the Cayenne... it is not masquerading as a sports car, just openly being what it is, a very nice family vehicle.
Well, there’s a difference between masquerading as a sports car versus being an SUV from a sports car heritage brand.

My first car was a 2006 Cayenne and it was really good. Base model/spec but even then the dynamics of the car were :tits: for what it was.

I’d love to get a Cayenne GTS one day as a daily if I were SUV-lyfe
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:35 am

Well, there’s a difference between masquerading as a sports car versus being an SUV from a sports car heritage brand.

My first car was a 2006 Cayenne and it was really good. Base model/spec but even then the dynamics of the car were :tits: for what it was.

No offense but I don’t really take dynamics reviews from 16 year olds all that seriously. I’d be more curious to hear what you think of it compared to your GTI today. I just can’t believe that n it would drive anywhere near as well as a GTI and GTIs don’t even drive that great.

But different strokes and all that, I’m glad they do the Cayenne thing to get money for the Cayman/Coxster/911 programs.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:50 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:01 am Where the fuck is the snow this winter? :disappoint:
Everywhere but here.

I could've daily driven a :meata: this winter.
That would be the least [user not found]-spec thing ever.

It’s cold as :balls: here this weekend but has mostly been warm.
razr390

D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:28 am

No offense but I don’t really take dynamics reviews from 16 year olds all that seriously. I’d be more curious to hear what you think of it compared to your GTI today. I just can’t believe that n it would drive anywhere near as well as a GTI and GTIs don’t even drive that great.

But different strokes and all that, I’m glad they do the Cayenne thing to get money for the Cayman/Coxster/911 programs.
As far as i know, mass market cash cows aside, Porsche does engineer their SUV’s and Sedans to have the same character as their sports car counterparts.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:46 am

As far as i know, mass market cash cows aside, Porsche does engineer their SUV’s and Sedans to have the same character as their sports car counterparts.
:notwrong: but physics still exists.
Johnny_P

Found my headphones! :fuckyeah:
They were in a pile of lisa's dirty socks in our luggage.
Johnny_P

I'm willing to bet a Camry XSE would out handle a Cayenne
That's the problem with these "sporty" SUVs. They only get you back to normal sedan road holding. The CX5 for example drove about as well as a Jetta 2.5. It was nowhere near a GTI.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:dat: I used to think my TSX was the shiett when I was 17, but now if I want one? maybe as a beater (prob do Lyft gigs) I can get for 4 grand that's nice to drive, can take on-ramps good and not boaty by all means, to be honest not that far off from my mk7, knowing I know these cars inside and out, also the most trouble free car I've owned.

Also I'm visiting there next month and will definitely provide my impressions on here if I were to get around driving it. It has the same 3.6 v6 from a Passat :doe:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

now that I think about it, I'd would've saved shit ton of money if I kept my TSX for a few more years and prob get a better car. But then again, I'd probably wouldn't be here :lol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So someone I knew from High school just killed his mom, not joking :rage: :dafuq:
https://www.wusa9.com/mobile/article/ne ... 94e818fc76
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:00 pm So someone I knew from High school just killed his mom, not joking :rage: :dafuq:
Fuuuuuck :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:00 pm So someone I knew from High school just killed his mom, not joking :rage: :dafuq:
Fucking terrible
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:17 am
razr390 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:46 am

:dat:

They handle better than they should, they do not handle better than a smaller vehicle designed to also handle.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
razr390

4zilch wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:27 am
D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:17 am

:dat:

They handle better than they should, they do not handle better than a smaller vehicle designed to also handle.
:wrong:
Johnny_P

The 3 major factors in how a car handles are:
-Track width
-Tire width
-Center of gravity height
wap

There's also weight and polar moment of inertia
wap

:science:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:The 3 major factors in how a car handles are:
-Track width
-Tire width
Tire width to weight ratio gets you a great ballpark estimate. Ideally you want around 1mm of tire per 10 lbs. (and 1 hp per 10 lbs)
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:38 pm
-Track width
-Tire width
Tire width to weight ratio gets you a great ballpark estimate. Ideally you want around 1mm of tire per 10 lbs. (and 1 hp per 10 lbs)
:notbad:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Oh Monday. sore. :disgust:
brain go brrrrrr
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

troyguitar wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:38 pm
-Track width
-Tire width
:turboyaris: on 305s all around. :datass: