OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

No chicken or rice at my Costco or vons.

All these people talking shit about bodybuilders only eating chicken and rice and now they buy it all up. Y’all motherfuckers aren’t gonna live off that like we do. Leave some for those of us who just want to buy their normal weekly groceries.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:59 pm No chicken or rice at my Costco or vons.

All these people talking shit about bodybuilders only eating chicken and rice and now they buy it all up. Y’all motherfuckers aren’t gonna live off that like we do. Leave some for those of us who just want to buy their normal weekly groceries.
It almost seems that goes for anyone who has hobbies and some people who are more boring tends to give those people shit who actually has certain passions. Everyone has different preferences, but may not be for everyone, but people have no right to call it out.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Whichever bmw isn't broken

wap wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:31 am
D Griff wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:58 am Currently trying to get something back from my Iceland flights... hoping to not have $2K just down the pissah. We were supposed to be going a week from today.
:( Good luck.

We're still hanging tough so far with our cruise (!) leaving out of Venice (!) in June. Hoping that things will be getting back to normal over the next 3 months. :thisisfine:
Hi WAP, hi guise! It’s been a while :wub:
Glad to see all is normal here while the rest of the world crumbles.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:41 am Man, people are stupid.

After reading about Griff sending his wife out to party amongst crowds, I feel it needs to be said to everyone on here... stay the fuck home. Limit your social interaction to a bare minimum, keep your distance, stop shaking hands, find alternative means of communication other than face to face. Practice social distancing to keep yourself AND others safe. Check on your parents and grandparents, and remind them to do the same.

Everyone called me a :caspian: when I brought preparedness up at the end of last month, and look where we are now. We're following in the footsteps of Italy. Take it seriously.

But also, stay calm and don't fucking make a throne in your living room out of all the TP available in the tri-state area. :caspian:
:lol:
we're still doing a much better job than Italy, for the past months, flights to china has been cancelled, I had a friend literally got his flight cancelled when the virus began at the gate in last January. Italy never cancelled flights on their own until the tolls rised substantially where the entire lockdown needed to take action. Turkey cancelled flights to Italy 2 weeks ago along with many other countries but UK (just a few days ago). After just 6 people who died or became positive in the DC metro, DC took action on closings of venues, switched schools online till April, lots of jobs 100% work at home (mine included). On top of that, major American festivals got cancelled for the last week or 2, 3 tops! Awareness has been taken for the last month and planned to consider cancel/postponing before hand. There are just some idiots who are like "people are exaggerating" and :aintcare: until they panic the fuck out knowing the stores will potentially close.

Also the whole :aintcare: approach is a typical mediterranean behavior and I am guilty of that among certain things having the same blood, but not towards situations like this. Why do you think [user not found]'s alfa got :doomed: within 4th month of ownership?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:55 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:53 pm

Yeah, to be honest... I was invited out by her and some others and personally feel it's better not too. I'm not really worried about the virus personally but it is likely best to play it safe for the time being for the benefit of all. That said, I'm not going to micro manage her life.

:iono: :popcorn:
This complacent mentality will sink us all. :(
Flights are so cheap doe bruh.
Johnny_P

I have a 3 lb bag. Willing to sell for $75 plus shipping. PM me it will go fast. I know what I have.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:40 pm Was gonna re-unite with a few of my Turkish friends at my friends apartment, so a small gathering. But my nose got clogged this morning. Even though I felt better, it's a :nope: for me. Gonna watch a new Elite season on Netflix and grab little caesars. Had a good time with my uncle and his friend who has cars, from f80 m4, 2 e92 M3's (including the one my uncle used to have), 996, Scirocco R and a mk7 Golf R. Will post pics afterwards on DFD snap or make a new thread of my car reviews. Plus maybe update my dad travel thread since it's long overdue.
:jimp:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

gravey wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:47 pm

We're still hanging tough so far with our cruise (!) leaving out of Venice (!) in June. Hoping that things will be getting back to normal over the next 3 months. :thisisfine:
:ohdang:
:hai: Gravey! :wub:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:23 pm

I have a 3 lb bag. Willing to sell for $75 plus shipping. PM me it will go fast. I know what I have.
:shutupandtakemymoney:
wap

Our local Aldi was pretty picked clean last night but our local grocery store chain was fully stocked. Went to another Aldi and another store today to pick up some :meat: and other staples for us and my in-laws and both were normal.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:56 pm If you think it’ll be different here in the US, you’re just being ignorant.

We have fewer ventilators than Italy, while our population skews younger, we are more obese and unhealthy as a whole.

Let the hellfire rain down. We deserve whatever comes of this.
The issue is the under-testing that is/was happening. I predict we will have 50,000 confirmed cases by Wednesday next week.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:56 pm If you think it’ll be different here in the US, you’re just being ignorant.

We have fewer ventilators than Italy, while our population skews younger, we are more obese and unhealthy as a whole.

Our bullshit health care and sick leave situation in this country means we are also, as a country, less likely to go see a doctor and stay home from work if we are sick. This is especially true for low pay hourly workers. Even now, because with no sick pay it’s either go to work or not be able to pay rent. So it’ll spread even worse here.

So Trump says all Coronavirus tests will be paid for by the gov? So we are trialing universal health care? I hope it works because honestly it’s time America stops the bullshit of parading around the world saying they’re freeing people of tyranny and providing critical relief when we can’t even take care of the people that make this country run in the first place.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:55 pm

Our bullshit health care and sick leave situation in this country means we are also, as a country, less likely to go see a doctor and stay home from work if we are sick. This is especially true for low pay hourly workers. Even now, because with no sick pay it’s either go to work or not be able to pay rent. So it’ll spread even worse here.

So Trump says all Coronavirus tests will be paid for by the gov? So we are trialing universal health care? I hope it works because honestly it’s time America stops the bullshit of parading around the world saying they’re freeing people of tyranny and providing critical relief when we can’t even take care of the people that make this country run in the first place.
:bravo:
Couldn't agree more.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

It's 58 in my bedroom right now :disgust:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

anyway look, I went on the internet this week and I found this

https://heeltread.com/collections/all
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:56 pm

The issue is the under-testing that is/was happening. I predict we will have 50,000 confirmed cases by Wednesday next week.
I checked stories on snap and insta, it seems like the most people who are just living their lives are not the ones that lives in my neck of the woods. I also too wouldn't be surprised if we surpass the rates of italy, typically in bumfuck nowhere.

I remember when I was roadtripping to nashville, I stopped by a miserable ass town in VA for gas and to be honest I have never seen so much :disgust: and terrible hygiene broads than some third world countries I've been to and even the worst part of Turkey will be like Beverly hills to them. I wouldn't be surprised if the virus eats half the population and frankly I would rather die than living there.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

gravey wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:47 pm

Gravy!! You're back!! :hai:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:notwrong: italians are generally a LOT healthier and their food, especially restaurants foods are clean, and less trash. Even tgi fridays is like :poop: shit to them quality wise.

Im used to live in a liberal metropolitan bubble, then I realized we have shitty ass towns not far from me. Mostly including Maryland
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Panic buying hit the online ammo sites. :angry: :rage:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:13 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:25 am

:notwrong: italians are generally a LOT healthier and their food, especially restaurants foods are clean, and less trash. Even tgi fridays is like :poop: shit to them quality wise.

Im used to live in a liberal metropolitan bubble, then I realized we have shitty ass towns not far from me. Mostly including Maryland
We are a nation full of garbage eaters.
Corn syrup all the things!!

https://youtu.be/ZWhJMuWJnIE
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Binge Watched the Witcher on Netflix last two nights.... Its good .....a lot left unexplained but very entertaining. Witcher 3 is one of my all time favorite games
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:11 am
razr390 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:56 pm

I checked stories on snap and insta, it seems like the most people who are just living their lives are not the ones that lives in my neck of the woods. I also too wouldn't be surprised if we surpass the rates of italy, typically in bumfuck nowhere.

I remember when I was roadtripping to nashville, I stopped by a miserable ass town in VA for gas and to be honest I have never seen so much :disgust: and terrible hygiene broads than some third world countries I've been to and even the worst part of Turkey will be like Beverly hills to them. I wouldn't be surprised if the virus eats half the population and frankly I would rather die than living there.
It will spread the most in high population density metro areas.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

razr390 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:17 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:11 am

It will spread the most in high population density metro areas.
Their brother-daddy disagrees.