wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:37 pm
wap wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:28 pm

So much :dat:
Meh upon meh upon meh. :disgust:
The action sequences and visual effects were pretty great. Unfortunately that was the only reason to watch it.
They were, but :whocares: without a good story or dialog or acting?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:49 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:06 pm I basically pre-wash everything and use the machine only for finishing.
I was talking about the human dishwasher ...
:mahman:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:49 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:44 pm

:dat: if you think it needs to be soaked it probably just needs barkeepers friend.
Waiting is easier and faster, per time actually spent working on it, than scrubbing. IDGAF about wasting water or having stuff in the sink :doe: that's what it is made to do.
:dat:

I hate standing there scrubbing. Let it sit soaking for 20 minute while I do something else then come back and whatever's stuck tends to come right off.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:06 pm I basically pre-wash everything and use the machine only for finishing.
:triggered: :midol:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:52 pm

:triggered: :midol:
:lolgasm:
wap

4zilch wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:54 pm I don’t understand the dishes accumulating in the sink. We wash them immediately after every meal. At worst, there’s a couple wine glasses in the sink that we put there right before we went to bed..and they get washed first thing in the morning
I just put the day's dishes in the dishwasher and run it every 2nd or 3rd day. :iono:

Dirty pots and pans get soaked with a bit of dish soap in the water for a day or 3 until they're easy to scrub clean.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:50 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:47 pm

So not actually that serious, eh? It could become serious, sure, but then they'd get fired and not be able to pay and therefore not need an expert anymore.
As I said twenty minutes ago... She doesn't see super serious people.

Though all three of the four above kill tens of thousands of people a year, so YMMV on what you consider serious.
It all makes perfect sense. The people who need the best care are those with the most cash. Duh.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Me and my human dishwasher take turns, and don't leave shit in the sink. Both her and myself don't operate like that... But it really depends on the person. Back in my college days I had a female roommate named KAREN :triggered: and her dad was a plastic surgeon, so she never did the fucking dishes and just left piles in the sink. But holy hell after about 2/3 arguments back and forth we came to a good agreement on that end... This should be an easy fix, if it isn't holy hell ... :popcorn: of a relationship...
Imagine choosing a religion or not for a crotchfruit or whether or not to euthanize a pet... now those are examples of decisions to sweat over...

Dishes :doe: I won't understand that should be easy enough to agree on. If it isn't there are underlying problems... Who in their right mind would want to see rusty dishware that smells like ass in a pile in a kitchen and not give a fuck. That's like not wiping your ass and wearing tidy whities around the house with skid marks. :disgust:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:55 pm

Though all three of the four above kill tens of thousands of people a year, so YMMV on what you consider serious.
It all makes perfect sense. The people who need the best care are those with the most cash. Duh.
NBA players got Rona tests months ago when most can't even get it now... and lets not forget Tom hanks, who got the rona, got a test, got over the rona and FLEW BACK to the US with no issues when everyone else was scrambling for toilet paper.
wap

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:03 pm
wap wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:13 pm

My Roth lost over $30k in Q1 :doomed:
I am not even checking my fake 401k/roth accounts. That money and balance is irrelevant for another 20+ years for me.
Yea I don't have the :balls: to check my 401k. I'm sure I lost waay into the 6 figs. :ohwell:
As you said, irrelevant for now. If I was retiring this year :doe: ? :doomed:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:44 pm
4zilch wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:43 pm

I mean, sure, there's times soaking is necessary, but that's like maybe 1 or 2 cooking vessels and certainly not a common situation (at least in our house). Plates, glasses, silverware get washed or rinsed and put in the dishwasher.
:dat: if you think it needs to be soaked it probably just needs barkeepers friend.
That shit works.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

FWIW, I didn't have much money when I went to therapy, but it helped so much that I paid it. I'm really glad that I did now.
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:56 pm

NBA players got Rona tests months ago when most can't even get it now... and lets not forget Tom hanks, who got the rona, got a test, got over the rona and FLEW BACK to the US with no issues when everyone else was scrambling for toilet paper.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:59 pm

:dat: I don't even know what to do at work anymore... everyone I call it's the same stories "my business is going under" or "I have no projects to buy your parts for" or "I laid off all my people last week"... Even without commission though, I am still getting paid pretty good money to do very little :wtf: but :ohwell:

I do 99% of all dishes in my :haus: Even when the dishwasher is empty, she will just set things in the sink. But it's just not worth getting soap dispenser :triggered: over, I don't mind dishes.
Why are the dishwashers not washing the dishes.
It is... when I say "doing the dishes" I just mean unloading/loading it, plus washing the select pans and shit that can't go in the machine. But she just puts all the dishes in the sink and they magically make their way into the machine when I do the dishes.
max225

wap wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:57 pm
I am not even checking my fake 401k/roth accounts. That money and balance is irrelevant for another 20+ years for me.
Yea I don't have the :balls: to check my 401k. I'm sure I lost waay into the 6 figs. :ohwell:
As you said, irrelevant for now. If I was retiring this year :doe: ? :doomed:
You would be completely fine because that is 30 years worth of shit in there. You would have started when the dow was at 770 points... that's right the DOW WAS NOT EVEN AT 1k. I am sure you can muster retiring @ a level that is still higher than even 2 years ago, at which point you would have already had 2000% gains.
Last edited by max225 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:57 pm

Your issue with the system is right on the mark. She would never see that level of folks (they need inpatient care or acute care which she doesn't do any more) but those folks do have the least access as well
So how are you helping by limiting access even further? That's my question to every healthcare "provider" joining in this movement to making everything cash-based.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:00 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:57 pm

Your issue with the system is right on the mark. She would never see that level of folks (they need inpatient care or acute care which she doesn't do any more) but those folks do have the least access as well
So how are you helping by limiting access even further? That's my question to every healthcare "provider" joining in this movement to making everything cash-based.
We should make health care education free. That's right the only education that should be free... that'll weed out the " i have to pay back 500k in loans therefore I charge 1k for office" fucks real quick.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:03 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:00 pm

Well limiting access would be her quitting because it's not worth her time to go to work. Which (as insurance companies reduce their reimbursements to her so they can make more money) is the other option.
Making less money is not an option? :okboomer:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:02 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:58 pm
FWIW, I didn't have much money when I went to therapy, but it helped so much that I paid it. I'm really glad that I did now.
This is a large number of her patients. It's a stretch but they know the value so are willing to pay it. Value both in terms of outcome and efficacy of treatment so you aren't seeing someone for five years.
I've never understood people seeing therapists for perpetuity. When I started with mine, we set a goal, and when the goal was achieved, that was it. It was 12 mos almost to the day...my last visit she concluded with "you've met your goal, I'm pleased with your progress, I don't think I'll need to see you again."

That was an incredible feeling, and knowing the whole time that there was an end-game made a big difference for me.
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:25 pm
:dat: Otherwise, stuff doesn't come out completely clean. Kind of :rage: really, but the dishwasher is a convenient place to stack things to dry rather than the counter.
:wat: kind of dishwasher do you have? I have a higher end Bosch and do minimal rinsing or scraping. Just the bigger bits of food get rinsed down the garbage disposal and the dirty dish gets put in the dishwasher. They pretty much always come out clean.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:06 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:02 pm

This is a large number of her patients. It's a stretch but they know the value so are willing to pay it. Value both in terms of outcome and efficacy of treatment so you aren't seeing someone for five years.
I've never understood people seeing therapists for perpetuity. When I started with mine, we set a goal, and when the goal was achieved, that was it. It was 12 mos almost to the day...my last visit she concluded with "you've met your goal, I'm pleased with your progress, I don't think I'll need to see you again."

That was an incredible feeling, and knowing the whole time that there was an end-game made a big difference for me.
I wouldn't even know where to begin as far as goals go. Hell I wouldn't even know where to begin trying to decide who to talk to, what to say to them, how much to spend, etc. It's impossible to "know the value" - I don't even know what I need or want, which makes it seem like it would be a giant waste of money at a time when I feel like most of my issues already revolve around money.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:08 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:06 pm

Making less money is not an option? :okboomer:
You're not working, why aren't you out working at the soup kitchen for free every day?

There is nothing wrong with knowing your worth.
I flat out don't care about making the world a better place. I do know my worth though and you're right on the money, I am worth precisely nothing.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Thread is over post count. :wrong:
wap

4zilch wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:43 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:59 pm

It takes less time and effort to clean (some of) them if they soak first. :iono: :wrong: :whocares:
I mean, sure, there's times soaking is necessary, but that's like maybe 1 or 2 cooking vessels and certainly not a common situation (at least in our house). Plates, glasses, silverware get washed or rinsed and put in the dishwasher.
Same.

Just a quick rinse and plates, glasses, and silverware get put in the machine.