Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

haleyann wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:24 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:54 pm Round 1 was all :gag:

Round 2 was all :poop:

3 and 4 went the same way. Glad it was never both at once.
damn all those chicken shakes just going to waste
Seriously. That was most of what came up the first few times. Then beef and rice to end round 1. Round 3 was just bile. I got to round 5 a little bit ago and it was bile and blue Gatorade making a weird green color :neat:
SAWCE

I think the worst has passed. Gonna try to eat some saltine crackers and more Gatorade then try to get some sleep.
SAWCE

May throw down some sauerkraut too to help start repopulating my gut flora.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:42 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:55 pm
Bought some Bose ones for flying that are great. I bought my dad Sony ones for Christmas because they were cheap and they're just as good IMO.

Noise cancelling makes a huge difference on flights IMO. Worth it.
The Sony ones I liked were $350 :yikes:

I’ll keep looking I guess. Glad to hear they do in fact make a difference though. I usually use ear plugs if I’m on a plane and not using my ear buds. Last flight my Shures were acting a little wonky.
The Sony ones I bought my dad on black Friday were $120. My Bose ones were $150 on sale. You don't need to spend a lot IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:38 am

I’ll keep looking I guess. Glad to hear they do in fact make a difference though. I usually use ear plugs if I’m on a plane and not using my ear buds. Last flight my Shures were acting a little wonky.
The Sony ones I bought my dad on black Friday were $120. My Bose ones were $150 on sale. You don't need to spend a lot IMO.
:dat: unless you are a complete audiophile and noise canceling snob, the mid to high $100 will get you a nice pair that is 5/7 noise canceling and maybe 3-4/7 audio.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:38 am
:dat: unless you are a complete audiophile and noise canceling snob, the mid to high $100 will get you a nice pair that is 5/7 noise canceling and maybe 3-4/7 audio.
:dat:

To me, the most important thing is sound cancelling. The audio will always only be so good anyway.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:41 am May throw down some sauerkraut too to help start repopulating my gut flora.
Glad you're coming around, :sawce:
Greek yogurt works well for replacing beneficial flora, too.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Mine were like $85 or something, on sale for $40 when I bought them and they're just :fine: for plane flights. Only minor gripe is I wish they folded up a bit more compactly but I haven't had a problem yet fitting them in my backpack along with everything else I pack in there so :aintcare: .
SAWCE

wap wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:30 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:41 am May throw down some sauerkraut too to help start repopulating my gut flora.
Good call. I’m finally feeling well, but the thought of eating makes me queasy. I could probably put down some Greek yogurt though.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:31 am
Mine were like $85 or something, on sale for $40 when I bought them and they're just :fine: for plane flights. Only minor gripe is I wish they folded up a bit more compactly but I haven't had a problem yet fitting them in my backpack along with everything else I pack in there so :aintcare: .
My Bose ones came with a padded case, and they fold up surprisingly compactly into that case. And being small and padded, it can be tossed anywhere, which has been 5/7 so far.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:41 am
wap wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:30 am

Good call. I’m finally feeling well, but the thought of eating makes me queasy. I could probably put down some Greek yogurt though.
:like:
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:42 am
wap wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:31 am

My Bose ones came with a padded case, and they fold up surprisingly compactly into that case. And being small and padded, it can be tossed anywhere, which has been 5/7 so far.
:notbad:

Mine came with a nice, zippered case, too. The ear covers on mine rotate to lie flat but the part that goes over your head doesn't fold so while they're fairly flat in one dimension they're still full width and height, but as I said, I haven't had a problem fitting them into my backpack yet.
Looking forward to using them again this weekend. :excited:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

I run these: https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Momen ... CPK4VJ6YAT

awesome sound, awesome noise cancelling, over the ear, not on-ear. They also work very well in non-wireless mode. They have a very long battery life as well. In June I flew to/from Hawaii from SFO (~11 hours), from San Jose to Seattle (1.5 hours) and Seattle to Vegas to San Jose (~4.5 hours) on one charge with no issues.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:17 am I run these: https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Momen ... CPK4VJ6YAT

awesome sound, awesome noise cancelling, over the ear, not on-ear. They also work very well in non-wireless mode. They have a very long battery life as well. In June I flew to/from Hawaii from SFO (~11 hours), from San Jose to Seattle (1.5 hours) and Seattle to Vegas to San Jose (~4.5 hours) on one charge with no issues.
I don't have/haven't used these specific units, but IMO, Sennheiser make the best headphones in the mass market, these ones aren't crazy expensive either.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I'm :wrong: as usual but good closed back over the ear headphones that fit well don't need active noise canceling. I'm still using the same sennheisers from 2003, HD280 pro. I think that the current model is 380.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

After 2 weeks of jumping on the hinge bandwagon, going to my first date tonight :excited: azn and guadalupe mixed!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:54 pm Round 1 was all :gag:

Round 2 was all :poop:

3 and 4 went the same way. Glad it was never both at once.
Both at once hit me one time in life. It was a humbling experience. Luckily the tub was in front of me. :shock:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:19 pm I'm :wrong: as usual but good closed back over the ear headphones that fit well don't need active noise canceling. I'm still using the same sennheisers from 2003, HD280 pro. I think that the current model is 380.
Nope, :notwrong:

totally correct. And no weird faint humming/buzzing noise either.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:02 pm After 2 weeks of jumping on the hinge bandwagon, going to my first date tonight :excited: azn and guadalupe mixed!
:nice:
In4deets
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:02 pm After 2 weeks of jumping on the hinge bandwagon, going to my first date tonight :excited: azn and guadalupe mixed!
In4deets
Taking her to a mexican restaurant, we'll see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:37 pm
wap wrote:
In4deets
Taking her to a mexican restaurant, we'll see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:like:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Ok so it went pretty much how I expected :notbad: exchanged numbers and see what happens from there. Also better looking than in her pictures
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:38 am
I wouldn't necessarily call myself an audiophile but I can't stand shitty sounding audio. I can tell the difference between my old $20 Sony ear buds and my Shures, I vastly prefer the sound reproduction of the Shures. I don't mind spending a bit more to get something that is really good. It does look like the range will be $150-250 ish just from what I saw in bestbuy.

Also. Bestbuy fucking blows now. Littered with sales reps trying to get you to subscribe to shit. Nobody helpful.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:17 am I run these: https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Momen ... CPK4VJ6YAT

I was looking at these ones. They seem really nice. Reviews seem to think they're basically as good sound wise as the Sonys but they certainly look a lot better.