OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:54 am
Apex wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:45 am I suck at bowling but it’s fun.
That's the thing...if you don't take it too seriously, it's fun nomatter your skill. I need to find people that feel the same way :doe: I'd definitely drag a team down.
Having a member with a low average is actually beneficial on handicap leagues. I would recommend finding a no-tap summer league to join. IMO that's the best way to introduce yourself if you've never bowled in a league before, or are trying to get back into it.
Last edited by CaleDeRoo on Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:00 am 258? Goddam.
I actually bowled 258, 203, 258 last night. I was pretty lost in the second game.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I normally bowl about 100.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:34 am
Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:54 am
That's the thing...if you don't take it too seriously, it's fun nomatter your skill. I need to find people that feel the same way :doe: I'd definitely drag a team down.
Having a member with a low average is actually beneficial on handicap leagues. I would recommend finding a no-tap summer league to join. IMO that's the best way to introduce yourself if you've never bowled in a league before, or are trying to get back into it.
Interesting will need to do some research.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:54 am I normally bowl about 100.
If I'm lucky.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:18 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:34 am
Interesting will need to do some research.
No-Tap games mean getting a 9 counts as a strike also. I've never been in a no-tap league that wasn't just about having fun.

Everyone here is easily smart enough to be a good bowler.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

It's an oddly challenging game. I find it more frustrating than fun since the expected outcome is to be perfect every time. I prefer sports where being successful 50% of the time is great.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:23 pm It's an oddly challenging game. I find it more frustrating than fun since the expected outcome is to be perfect every time. I prefer sports where being successful 50% of the time is great.
I worked with a dude who was a semi-pro bowler. He was explaining how different lanes have different oil patterns and all sorts of shit that I never would have guessed. It was pretty :mindblown: to learn about.

We didn’t have a bowling place where I grew up, but the Air Force base nearby did. My technique was always garbage and I didn’t care enough to learn how to be better, but the monitors told you how fast your ball was going so I’d just see how hard I could throw it without being a complete jackass and breaking stuff. My goal was always 30mph and I don’t remember if I ever ended up hitting that.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

So I got woken up to some awful news, one of my close friends dad just passed away early this morning. So I had to go over to their house since their parents are also friends with mine. It was super devastating and somehow shaped me based on my perception on life and people. Also the funeral may cancel or delay my trip to turkey next week, but then again these situations are just bound to arise in an instant so I can't exactly :rage: about this situation.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:41 pm So I got woken up to some awful news, one of my close friends dad just passed away early this morning. So I had to go over to their house since their parents are also friends with mine. It was super devastating and somehow shaped me based on my perception on life and people. Also the funeral may cancel or delay my trip to turkey next week, but then again these situations are just bound to arise in an instant so I can't exactly :rage: about this situation.
:(
Sorry dude.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:41 pm So I got woken up to some awful news, one of my close friends dad just passed away early this morning. So I had to go over to their house since their parents are also friends with mine. It was super devastating and somehow shaped me based on my perception on life and people. Also the funeral may cancel or delay my trip to turkey next week, but then again these situations are just bound to arise in an instant so I can't exactly :rage: about this situation.
Sorry to hear that Teo :sad:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:08 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:23 pm It's an oddly challenging game. I find it more frustrating than fun since the expected outcome is to be perfect every time. I prefer sports where being successful 50% of the time is great.
I worked with a dude who was a semi-pro bowler. He was explaining how different lanes have different oil patterns and all sorts of shit that I never would have guessed. It was pretty :mindblown: to learn about.

We didn’t have a bowling place where I grew up, but the Air Force base nearby did. My technique was always garbage and I didn’t care enough to learn how to be better, but the monitors told you how fast your ball was going so I’d just see how hard I could throw it without being a complete jackass and breaking stuff. My goal was always 30mph and I don’t remember if I ever ended up hitting that.
The science behind bowling balls is even more :mindblown:
SAWCE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:11 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:08 pm

:ohdang: I don’t remember him talking about that at all, but that’s be cool to learn about. Only thing I remember him saying about balls was when whatever company sponsored him flew him out to get custom balls made.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:14 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:11 pm

:ohdang: I don’t remember him talking about that at all, but that’s be cool to learn about. Only thing I remember him saying about balls was when whatever company sponsored him flew him out to get custom balls made.
There's a set of parameters given by the USBC that all balls must comply with but the companies are always innovating materials to manipulate how they react to certain oil patterns and shit. That doesn't even bring into account the variables of how each individual throws the balls and the weight removed by the finger holes in relation to the weight balance/RG of the core inside the ball. :mindblown:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Thank you guys, I sat down with the family and it brought me great pleasure to be with them. I feel something odd too, almost feels like I lost a family member since I had tons of fond memories.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:53 pm Thank you guys, I sat down with the family and it brought me great pleasure to be with them. I feel something odd too, almost feels like I lost a family member since I had tons of fond memories.
Sorry for yours and their loss man. Always hard. Glad you were able to be there for them.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Sorry to hear it bro, my thoughts are with you. Glad you got to spend time with everyone at least.
Johnny_P

Y’all stock up on hand sanitizer and N95 masks?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:18 pm Y’all stock up on hand sanitizer and N95 masks?
N95? Psh, M50 or :gtfo:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

I thought masks were not recommended doe. :iono:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:48 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:18 pm Y’all stock up on hand sanitizer and N95 masks?
You know. The shit of it is, I actually need a mask or two for the demo I'm doing. So good fucking luck to me. :lolol:
I'll just get an MSA respirator and some HEPA filters from the local tool supply store.
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:00 pm I thought masks were not recommended doe. :iono:
A surgical mask won't do anything. A HEPA style respirator will. But then you look like a dork. And the vast majority of people won't be wearing them or have them fitted correctly, hence the Surgeon General's "y'all are idiots" plea.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:17 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:48 pm

You know. The shit of it is, I actually need a mask or two for the demo I'm doing. So good fucking luck to me. :lolol:
I'll just get an MSA respirator and some HEPA filters from the local tool supply store.
:lol: sorry about that bro, sucks you can’t get the mask that would be convenient for your demo.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:26 pm
wap wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:00 pm I thought masks were not recommended doe. :iono:
A surgical mask won't do anything. A HEPA style respirator will. But then you look like a dork. And the vast majority of people won't be wearing them or have them fitted correctly, hence the Surgeon General's "y'all are idiots" plea.
:dat:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:35 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:17 pm

:lol: sorry about that bro, sucks you can’t get the mask that would be convenient for your demo.
It's OK. I hear mesothelioma isn't all that bad anyway.