OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Irish wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:41 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:25 am Probably catch some hate for this, but oh well.
Got invited back into my gym over the weekend. Real small group of us (4), and we were all just doing our own thing for the most part. Right after we finished up and as we were leaving, like literally as the guy who works there was opening the door for us to walk out, the cops rolled up. Dude closed the door and we all grabbed cleaning supplies. Cops came in and said they’d received a report that people were still being let in to the gym. We were able to convince them that we were just there cleaning.. not too hard to believe since the gym floor is in disarray right now as the walls and some other stuff are all being repainted. Was definitely an adrenaline rush though. The cop didn’t really sound like he cared if we were lifting or not, but did leave us with a warning that if people are in there working out it’s a $1,000 fine per person.
Far be it from me to throw any hate your way.....I think you are a swell guy....... but DUDE?!?..... How you would feel about a bro who was just exposed to this thing at the gym then delivered food to your Mom?

I fear that for many people (that are still co mingling with others) that it will take real tragedy, close to home, for them to wake the fuck up and take this thing like the LIFE OR DEATH Situation that it most certainly is
Fair points. I’d been justifying it in my head that I’m put at an even greater risk by still being told to come to work every day instead of being allowed to work from home. But you’re right, a kid who works fast food or whatever could have that same mindset and pick something up somewhere outside of work and then bring it to work.

I guess I can take a little solace in knowing that my parents are too :scrooge: to have anything delivered and that they have enough food to last a few months if they decide to completely bunker down.

That said I could still pass it to someone who could pass it to a loved one who is compromised, so probably shouldn’t be doing it. I guess I’ve also been expecting those people not to go places they could pick it up and take it to someone at risk. Like I wouldn’t go see my mom during this because I know I could be carrying with no symptoms.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:48 am
Irish wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:41 am

Far be it from me to throw any hate your way.....I think you are a swell guy....... but DUDE?!?..... How you would feel about a bro who was just exposed to this thing at the gym then delivered food to your Mom?

I fear that for many people (that are still co mingling with others) that it will take real tragedy, close to home, for them to wake the fuck up and take this thing like the LIFE OR DEATH Situation that it most certainly is
Fair points. I’d been justifying it in my head that I’m put at an even greater risk by still being told to come to work every day instead of being allowed to work from home. But you’re right, a kid who works fast food or whatever could have that same mindset and pick something up somewhere outside of work and then bring it to work.

I guess I can take a little solace in knowing that my parents are too :scrooge: to have anything delivered and that they have enough food to last a few months if they decide to completely bunker down.

That said I could still pass it to someone who could pass it to a loved one who is compromised, so probably shouldn’t be doing it. I guess I’ve also been expecting those people not to go places they could pick it up and take it to someone at risk. Like I wouldn’t go see my mom during this because I know I could be carrying with no symptoms.
I don't see why some activity is so bad if everyone involved uses common sense. Keep crowds down, be vigilant about disinfecting, and be mindful of higher risk individuals.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

:thisisfine:

SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:38 am

I don't see why some activity is so bad if everyone involved uses common sense. Keep crowds down, be vigilant about disinfecting, and be mindful of higher risk individuals.
I also agree with this. If I go again I’ll bring my own Clorox wipes and wipe everything before and after I use it.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

The question and answer has already been posted in your post.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:48 am

In a small group of people you know, why not?

I know which of my friends have common sense and which don't...i.e. who I'd trust to spend time around and who I'd pass on.

A large group of strangers is a :hellno:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:54 am
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:48 am

In a small group of people you know, why not?

I know which of my friends have common sense and which don't...i.e. who I'd trust to spend time around and who I'd pass on.

A large group of strangers is a :hellno:
:bruh: unfortunately locking us all up in the biggest human lockup in world history seems to be the only way to prevent the spread. This is what happens when we live in a society where 10-50% of the population... is Special.
max225

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-lM-D9hWMO ... 9e6ze7wxnx

Here is the nations biggest city, on heavily guarded essential public transit, in the middle of an unprecedented pandemic, in the middle of a lockdown ... the pinnacle of Murica

This is why we have warning labels on hot coffee etc.
Last edited by max225 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:40 am :thisisfine:

:lolgasm:
SAWCE

Yeah the people that are allowed in are hand selected by the owner of the gym and I’d vouch for all of them as well.

Not that that means anything since we could be asymptomatic, but it makes me feel better about it at least.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:lolol:
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:58 am https://www.instagram.com/p/B-lM-D9hWMO ... 9e6ze7wxnx

Here is the nations biggest city in the middle of a lockdown ... the pinnacle of Murica
Based on the hang time of those titties I’m gonna guess that clip was reposted from National Geographic’s page.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:58 am https://www.instagram.com/p/B-lM-D9hWMO ... 9e6ze7wxnx

Here is the nations biggest city, on heavily guarded essential public transit, in the middle of an unprecedented pandemic, in the middle of a lockdown ... the pinnacle of Murica

In some cases, it's best to just let this happen IMO.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:20 pm

Right but given the disease, she has a cousin/uncle/friend that works at UPS and goes and coughs on your package, and you go meet with 6 people, and cough on them, because it is just "seasonal" allergies. And Voila... global pandemic.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:22 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:20 pm
Right but given the disease, she has a cousin/uncle/friend that works at UPS and goes and coughs on your package, and you go meet with 6 people, and cough on them, because it is just "seasonal" allergies. And Voila... global pandemic.
Oh well...
max225

Just paid prop taxes... Ya'll get an option to delay that shit?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:32 pm Just paid prop taxes... Ya'll get an option to delay that shit?
Not yet, but ours aren't due until June.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:38 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:32 pm Just paid prop taxes... Ya'll get an option to delay that shit?
For us it was 4/10. :mahtroy: timing luck. Just like with my bonus for 2019... our "year" ends on 3/31, and it is the best year on record.. yet... sounds like no bronus, to hold us over longer.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:40 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:38 pm
For us it was 4/10. :mahtroy: timing luck. Just like with my bonus for 2019... our "year" ends on 3/31, and it is the best year on record.. yet... sounds like no bronus, to hold us over longer.
Incredibly, we're still getting our bonuses from last year...paid at the end of this month. That was an :impressive: :notbad: surprise along with the 20% 3 mo deferment. If deferment is really only 3 mos, it shouldn't be a huge hit as a result of the bonus.
ChrisoftheNorth

Also, I've got prop taxes in escrow. Just refinanced, and paying my own taxes resulted in a 2.5ppt increase to the rate. Fine, I'll escrow.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:44 pm

Incredibly, we're still getting our bonuses from last year...paid at the end of this month. That was an :impressive: :notbad: surprise along with the 20% 3 mo deferment. If deferment is really only 3 mos, it shouldn't be a huge hit as a result of the bonus.
:nice: 2020 bonuses sound unlikely to happen here, but sales people aren't eligible for bonuses anyway :ohwell: We are still eligible to get commish if we can make the sales :lolol: We did get a commission guarantee for March prior to all of this happening which is still being honored :nice:
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:44 pm

:alpo:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:59 pm
Because it's a slippery slope and people are fucking retarded.
:notwrong:

I still don't see why responsible people gathering under the radar is cause for :triggered:

Obviously don't broadcast the concept to the :derp: masses, but these days, walking past someone without walking to the opposite side of the street is cause for :howdareu: :triggered: :pout: