OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:18 am :okboomer:

I like this a lot
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I went to Costco yesterday a.m. I am not standing in line. The people in line WERE TOO FUCKING CLOSE TOGETHER. So I didn't. Going out side to put some stain on my wooden gate and fence. Desert out.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:12 pm Great news, the :pussy: is alive and eating real food again. Small amount, but :sweaty: there for a while. First real food she's eaten in about a week, save for water and medication.

Yay.

Sick :pussy: is never a good time.

I forgot you had one that was similar looking to mine. Hope she continues to recover quickly.

Does yours have the trait from the main coon line that makes them very similar to a dog in their mannerisms? Mine does and it's hilarious since she bosses and pals around with my black lab.

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:36 pm This is what I call making best of your spare time...

This is too good! :lol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:56 pm Image
:fuckyeah:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Watched Ford V Ferrari last night, and Rush tonight. :notbad:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:22 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:12 pm Great news, the :pussy: is alive and eating real food again. Small amount, but :sweaty: there for a while. First real food she's eaten in about a week, save for water and medication.

Yay.

Sick :pussy: is never a good time.

I forgot you had one that was similar looking to mine. Hope she continues to recover quickly.

Does yours have the trait from the main coon line that makes them very similar to a dog in their mannerisms? Mine does and it's hilarious since she bosses and pals around with my black lab.

My roommate’s is a manecoon, or at least part, and she love Ava. Any time michelle brings her over the cat goes wild wanting to be next to her and lick her. Pretty funny and cute.

Apex

Wifeys grandmother just tested positive for COVID-19. :sad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:38 pm Wifeys grandmother just tested positive for COVID-19. :sad:
Oh man, so sorry dude :sad:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:38 pm Wifeys grandmother just tested positive for COVID-19. :sad:
Aww shit.

:sad: for sure, be prepared to console your wife man, this could be really terrible... fast.

If you don't mind, can you share her story of how she was feeling and any kind of timeline, for those of us that are thankfully not feeling the closeness of this yet?
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:11 pm
Aww shit.

:sad: for sure, be prepared to console your wife man, this could be really terrible... fast.

If you don't mind, can you share her story of how she was feeling and any kind of timeline, for those of us that are thankfully not feeling the closeness of this yet?
Thanks Griff and Waxer. Not the first grandparent we’ve lost, if/when it comes to it, so she knows she has my support.

We don’t know too much, we only know what her parents have told us. But apparently she wasn’t feeling well on Friday with a fever and then since she’s in an assisted care facility she was tested; and we heard about the positive result tonight. She currently has a low grade fever and some shortness of breathe.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:28 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:11 pm

Aww shit.

Thanks Griff and Waxer. Not the first grandparent we’ve lost, if/when it comes to it, so she knows she has my support.

We don’t know too much, we only know what her parents have told us. But apparently she wasn’t feeling well on Friday with a fever and then since she’s in an assisted care facility she was tested; and we heard about the positive result tonight. She currently has a low grade fever and some shortness of breathe.
Keep us posted man.

Again, sorry to hear this and I hope she's one of the many that recover and are not talked about on the news.
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:30 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:28 pm

Keep us posted man.

Again, sorry to hear this and I hope she's one of the many that recover and are not talked about on the news.
:dat:
I’ll keep y’all updated as I hear more.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Apex wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:44 pm

Keep us posted man.

Oh man :sad:

I hope she pulls through ok bud.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Fuck. Sorry man. Best of luck to her.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:39 am Did a thing.
puppocino!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:08 am
Fuck.

Sorry guys. :(

Best of luck.

Here's hoping she recovers easily.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Apex wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:28 pm Thanks Griff and Waxer. Not the first grandparent we’ve lost, if/when it comes to it, so she knows she has my support.

Damn. Well, sending good vibes your way. Hope she has a quick recovery.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:44 pm

Keep us posted man.

Hoping things work out for the better my dude. Sorry to hear. Sending good vibes your way.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:09 pm I was thinking of a Rona puppy
Might as well. You’ve got nothing better to do in lockdown.

Philly ACCT (city shelter) had something like 50-60 adoptions and 200 fosters in the first week of this shutdown.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Probably catch some hate for this, but oh well.
Got invited back into my gym over the weekend. Real small group of us (4), and we were all just doing our own thing for the most part. Right after we finished up and as we were leaving, like literally as the guy who works there was opening the door for us to walk out, the cops rolled up. Dude closed the door and we all grabbed cleaning supplies. Cops came in and said they’d received a report that people were still being let in to the gym. We were able to convince them that we were just there cleaning.. not too hard to believe since the gym floor is in disarray right now as the walls and some other stuff are all being repainted. Was definitely an adrenaline rush though. The cop didn’t really sound like he cared if we were lifting or not, but did leave us with a warning that if people are in there working out it’s a $1,000 fine per person.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:25 am Probably catch some hate for this, but oh well.
Got invited back into my gym over the weekend. Real small group of us (4), and we were all just doing our own thing for the most part. Right after we finished up and as we were leaving, like literally as the guy who works there was opening the door for us to walk out, the cops rolled up. Dude closed the door and we all grabbed cleaning supplies. Cops came in and said they’d received a report that people were still being let in to the gym. We were able to convince them that we were just there cleaning.. not too hard to believe since the gym floor is in disarray right now as the walls and some other stuff are all being repainted. Was definitely an adrenaline rush though. The cop didn’t really sound like he cared if we were lifting or not, but did leave us with a warning that if people are in there working out it’s a $1,000 fine per person.
eh. this whole thing is about mitigating risk, and people that are too dumb or too preachy forget that, (come at me bro)

Work in a huge building with 100s of people? probably good idea to close up shop. Work for a small firm with 10 people? Thats a lot lower risk and easier to mitigate.

Like your gym situation: Should planet shitness be closed? probably. Obscure bro gym full of the some of healthiest people on the planet? Reasonable measures can be taken to reduce risk.

Overall...as someone that respects science....this whole thing annoys me because its a half measure. Now, this thing is gonna kill. But nuking the economy will also have a real death toll too, not to mention a misery one. IE, there are 2 curves, and you should attempt to minimize death where they meet. Sure, we should try to flatten curves and all, and i'm not saying I have the answer to how much shut down vs death is the right number.... HOWEVER i get REAL annoyed by all the preachy bullshit people acting like social distancing is the 100% solution and is perfect if we could ONLY JUST MAKE MOAR PPL DO IT!!11eleven!!. No. thats not how this works. Kindly fuck off and annoy your boomer parents.
brain go brrrrrr
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:25 am Probably catch some hate for this, but oh well.
Far be it from me to throw any hate your way.....I think you are a swell guy....... but DUDE?!?..... How you would feel about a bro who was just exposed to this thing at the gym then delivered food to your Mom?

I fear that for many people (that are still co mingling with others) that it will take real tragedy, close to home, for them to wake the fuck up and take this thing like the LIFE OR DEATH Situation that it most certainly is