Drives: Trek Domane

Woohoo it's 40 degrees and raining again. :eeyore:
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:06 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:58 am
Our .gov passed rules that non-essential travel is a $1k fine. 100% staying home now.

Who knows for how long, I'm really not hating it. :iono:
I'm certainly not either... I started playing guitar/bass this week again, which has been fun. I suck! But hopefully I can get a little better.

The wife has been driving me crazy though... she is starting to get in a really sour mood. She is working a ton, but outside of that just watches tv and scrolls social media. She will go on bike rides with me at least, but she needs to get some kind of hobby. Keeps talking about lawn/gardening but doesn't actually take action at all on anything. :rolleyes:
Yep.

I can stay busy in the garage and get things done. However, since she doesn't have any hobbies/projects or her own, every damn activity she wants to do she into a two person affair. I wound up locking myself in the garage last night to paint some engine parts and get some time to myself.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:58 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:46 am The Daily Report just posted a dope interview with Bill Gates who's foundation plans to kick start seven different vaccine manufacturing plants, each one building a slightly different vaccine, by donating boatloads of money to the projects... this motherfucker is going to keep being the richest man on the planet. :impressive:

also might save millions of lives but CaPiToLiSm iS EvIl
I like what Gates had to say about government needing more time to shuffle through processes to get started on these initiatives, his goal is to initiate the first steps so that when the .gov finally presses the GO button there first few hurdles are already overcome. This is why he is so successful and why I never knock OPs successes in life, especially when they are self made.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:57 am Woohoo it's 40 degrees and raining again. :eeyore:
It was 38 here this AM which was unseasonably cold... but the sun heats things up nicely. Sorry man, that blows.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

We need a corona thread
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:57 am Woohoo it's 40 degrees and raining again. :eeyore:
Time to go out and Tokyo Drift
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

NeonJonny wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:04 am Brace yourselves for the antivaxxors posting anti Bill Gates crap.
Yay Darwin. :disgust:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

dubshow wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:57 am 3 weeks at home now. Sigh
Our .gov passed rules that non-essential travel is a $1k fine. 100% staying home now.

PA asked everyone to stay at home.
Some of my far right friends started posting shit like the .gov is trying to take over, this is how it starts, be wary of power grabs, they have no right to restrict me, yada yada.

:rolleyes: :caspian:
Johnny_P

Go :spinulator:
Johnny_P

This country is doomed.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

:jesus: is the ultimate troll. Fuck that guy. 2000 years and counting trolling billions of people into ignoring the world around them.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:58 pm

Some of my far right friends started posting shit like the .gov is trying to take over, this is how it starts, be wary of power grabs, they have no right to restrict me, yada yada.

NJ will be confiscating PPE from businesses and individuals according to our .gov. Businesses need to submit inventories so they know how much to take. So yeah, .gov is definitely overreaching.

Instead of spending billions on illegals, maybe they should have had supplies ready? :iono:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:17 pm Image

This country is doomed.
:sad:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Now turkey banned ages up to 20 year olds and 65+ :notbad: but anyone who doesn't wear a facemask will be fined if caught, of course no fucking around in outdoors isn't allowed. We are not dropping on deaths, hopefully it continues. Hope you guys are safe and sound!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Send them here: https://qmap.pub/ instead of to DFD, please.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:28 pm

NJ will be confiscating PPE from businesses and individuals according to our .gov. Businesses need to submit inventories so they know how much to take. So yeah, .gov is definitely overreaching.

Instead of spending billions on illegals, maybe they should have had supplies ready? :iono:
Too busy buying fighter jets and abrams tanks that we don't need.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:09 pm

I didn’t know NJ was buying jets and tanks. I’d be okay with that, if I can get a ride in one.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:11 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:09 pm

I didn’t know NJ was buying jets and tanks. I’d be okay with that, if I can get a ride in one.
Oh, reading comprehension fail on my part. I took "they" as .gov in general.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:15 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:11 pm

Oh, reading comprehension fail on my part. I took "they" as .gov in general.
Nah dude, my bad for not being more specific. .gov is generally used for federal level.

:sissyfight:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:17 pm Image

This country is doomed.
:disgust: that there's so many people that actually believe this shit.

Would be fantastic if they all just let god take the wheel on this one and see what happens to them.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Wife showed me this one from the facespace earlier...

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I’ll never understand the hate on religion.
Huckleberry

I was asked to find masks for people who work in the data centers. I found masks at $3.12/piece with a 3 week lead time. How many do they want? 500. I suggested that maybe instead of spending over $1500 in these masks and waiting three weeks, we get rolls of blue shop towels, use the rubber bands and staples we have laying around, and have the janitors, who just had their hours cut, make the masks.

It was met with laughter.

Even though these masks aren't rated for medical use, I can't say I'm all too pleased with ordering these things when there are people in far greater need of them than those manning data centers.
Last edited by Huckleberry on Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Huckleberry

SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:16 pm I’ll never understand the hate on religion.
Just like everything else, religion is fine in moderation.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:20 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:16 pm I’ll never understand the hate on religion.
Just like everything else, religion is fine in moderation.
That's exactly right.

Not paying your mortgage but paying the church? That's just irresponsible. No organization should force you to pay them before your normal life obligations (unless that organization is covering those obligations, I guess)

Not taking precautions or downplaying the threat of a virus like this because it's "god's plan" or whatever is also ridiculous IMO.