OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

dubshow wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:06 pm feeling like crap. I think im calling it today. gonna use taht coveted sick leave I never use. :sad:
Go home and take care of yourself so you're feeling better by Christmas.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I've lost motivation to do anything else today
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:38 pm Anyone got any recommendations for wireless ear buds to be used primarily with an android phone? Doesn't have to be noise cancelling, I'm just mostly interested in good sound reproduction with some bass and a comfortable fit.

TIA
You talking 100% wireless or the buds are connected by a wire and bluetooth to the phone?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote:I've lost motivation to do anything else today
I've been exhausted all week for no good reason. All I've done is shovel snow and normal cleaning and cooking shit, all maintenance and nothing really productive.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:42 pm I've lost motivation to do anything else today
I'm pushing #30 ppt slide...all need to be complete, printed (individually), and in my boss's hand by EOD. I'm ready to jump out the window.

I've got 15 more to make before noon tomorrow. I'm seriously debating not coming in.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:51 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:44 pm I've been exhausted all week for no good reason. All I've done is shovel snow and normal cleaning and cooking shit, all maintenance and nothing really productive.
Shoveling is fucking tiring doe.
:dat:
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:42 pm
wap wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:38 pm Anyone got any recommendations for wireless ear buds to be used primarily with an android phone? Doesn't have to be noise cancelling, I'm just mostly interested in good sound reproduction with some bass and a comfortable fit.

TIA
You talking 100% wireless or the buds are connected by a wire and bluetooth to the phone?
100% wireless. I mainly wear mine when working in the yard, shoveling snow, etc, and I'm tired of getting the wire tangled and yanked out of my ear.

I realize the ones that are connected together by a wire and blutoof to the phone will solve my issue as well, so I guess I'm open to all suggestions. No idea about these. I've never owned nor researched wireless ear buds of any kind. Is one of these options better than the other? Plus's/minus's of each?
wap

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:52 pm

TIA
I have a nice pair of Jabra elites that I like
Link?

Either one of these?
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=jabra+elite& ... fwtyflqy_e
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:18 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:52 pm

I have a nice pair of Jabra elites that I like
Link?

Either one of these?
Truly wireless ones seem to be a shitshow. One or both buds seem to lose connection frequently. I bought the wife a cheap pair of Anker ones that actually seem to be working pretty well for her, though she does complain about one of them dropping out from time to time. She still likes them overall. I wouldn't spend a lot on a pair because the tech still has a way to go.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PLGZ4CR/ref=dp_cerb_1
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:27 pm
wap wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:18 pm
Link?

Either one of these?
Truly wireless ones seem to be a shitshow. One or both buds seem to lose connection frequently. I bought the wife a cheap pair of Anker ones that actually seem to be working pretty well for her, though she does complain about one of them dropping out from time to time. She still likes them overall. I wouldn't spend a lot on a pair because the tech still has a way to go.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PLGZ4CR/ref=dp_cerb_1
Thanks for the input.

Anyone else?
:waxer: ?
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I had some Phaiser (sp) ones that were great for the cheap price point. I think Detroit had the same ones at one point. Mine only broke cause I wore them in the sauna repeatedly and they aren’t rated for above 120° or something.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:53 pm I had some Phaiser (sp) ones that were great for the cheap price point. I think Detroit had the same ones at one point. Mine only broke cause I wore them in the sauna repeatedly and they aren’t rated for above 120° or something.
Thanks. Will check out.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Considering we manufacture these. I wouldn't trust anything sub $100.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:26 pm Considering we manufacture these. I wouldn't trust anything sub $100.
ANything really nice will be $100+ but I've had a pair of cheapo Amazon BT ear buds last 2-3 years, go through the wash multiple times. They do eventually break, but for the price point, do quite well. I'd like some nice over ears at some point, but that's never really a priority.

I've been super busy at work this week. Looks like I'll be getting a couple of extra vacation days next year though, which is dope.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:39 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:26 pm Considering we manufacture these. I wouldn't trust anything sub $100.
ANything really nice will be $100+ but I've had a pair of cheapo Amazon BT ear buds last 2-3 years, go through the wash multiple times. They do eventually break, but for the price point, do quite well. I'd like some nice over ears at some point, but that's never really a priority.

I've been super busy at work this week. Looks like I'll be getting a couple of extra vacation days next year though, which is dope.
:nice:

Well all I am saying is... it costs quite a bit to make sure these things are done right. I also don't like true wireless BT, the amount of radiation you're popping into your brain at that point is epic.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:40 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:39 pm

Well all I am saying is... it costs quite a bit to make sure these things are done right. I also don't like true wireless BT, the amount of radiation you're popping into your brain at that point is epic.
I wear a wireless headset at work for many hours every day, plus at the gym daily :doomed:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:47 pm

I wear a wireless headset at work for many hours every day, plus at the gym daily :doomed:
:dat: when I work at a coffee shop. I use my PowerBeats 3 that lasts 20 hours, they last pretty well for 2-3 days. I'm thinking of grabbing this doe, sweat proof, 28 hour range and better sound than :mahtroy: beats https://www.jbl.com/sport-headphones/JB ... pHEALw_wcB
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

From one of my autox friends in KY:

"For the first time in his life, Donald Trump has earned something."

:thankstrump:
wap

Which brand?
wap

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:31 pm FWIW I've mostly switches to over ear as I'm usually wearing them a long time.
I'd only be using these for working around the house or while taking walks, so just a few hours tops so the comfort thing shouldn't be a concern for me.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:27 pm From one of my autox friends in KY:

"For the first time in his life, Donald Trump has earned something."

:thankstrump:
:roasted:
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:01 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:47 pm

:dat: when I work at a coffee shop. I use my PowerBeats 3 that lasts 20 hours, they last pretty well for 2-3 days. I'm thinking of grabbing this doe, sweat proof, 28 hour range and better sound than :mahtroy: beats https://www.jbl.com/sport-headphones/JB ... pHEALw_wcB
Those seem :notbad:
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:10 pm

This seems like a reasonable concern. Over ear have the same issue?
It’s about the antenna location... EarPods have the antenna in the very tip, while a lot of others have an “in ear” approach. Over ear tends to be a bit better, your scull is in fact an ok blocker of radiaton, as opposed to an ear canal.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Steak and Mac for dinner.

Steak was a little thinner than I realized, so it’s slightly more done than I’d like, but it’s still tasty. 12oz rib eye.

Now I’m stoned about about to watch Home Alone whole I eat.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Well he finally earned the popular vote.
*golfclap*

Too bad nothings really going to come of it tho.