OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:00 pm Been sharing with a few people today, so figured I’d drop an update in here since you guys are all so supportive.
Got a Mama Sawce update. Cancer is back. In her right lung this time. They’re going to run an even more aggressive chemo than last time, Dr. is confident that they’ll be able to wipe it out. Two small tumors at this point, scans and tests being scheduled to see if it’s anywhere else.
Really fucking sucks. Her sister died after her breast cancer went into remission and then spread to her lungs unexpectedly.
Goddam. Sorry man.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:24 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:00 pm Been sharing with a few people today, so figured I’d drop an update in here since you guys are all so supportive.
Got a Mama Sawce update. Cancer is back. In her right lung this time. They’re going to run an even more aggressive chemo than last time, Dr. is confident that they’ll be able to wipe it out. Two small tumors at this point, scans and tests being scheduled to see if it’s anywhere else.
Really fucking sucks. Her sister died after her breast cancer went into remission and then spread to her lungs unexpectedly.
Goddam. Sorry man.
Thanks man. The two tumors they’ve found are both very small, 7 and 14mm, so the hope is that we caught this very early on and it hasn’t spread past that. PET scan and more tests being scheduled now. Her oncologist’s first thought was to just run a very aggressive chemo to wipe it out, but based on the test results they’re going to see if they can surgically remove them and spare her going through chemo again since it was so hard on her last time and the one they want to do this time is stronger. Will update as I get news and have the mental capacity to share with people.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:29 pm

Goddam. Sorry man.
Thanks man. The two tumors they’ve found are both very small, 7 and 14mm, so the hope is that we caught this very early on and it hasn’t spread past that. PET scan and more tests being scheduled now. Her oncologist’s first thought was to just run a very aggressive chemo to wipe it out, but based on the test results they’re going to see if they can surgically remove them and spare her going through chemo again since it was so hard on her last time and the one they want to do this time is stronger. Will update as I get news and have the mental capacity to share with people.
We’re here for ya bro.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

SAWCE wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:29 pm

Goddam. Sorry man.
My heart goes out to you and yours, man.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Thanks guys. Wednesday was rough. Things feel better/more hopeful now. Just have to wait on the test results, trust her team, and accept that there’s nothing I can do except be there for her emotionally and physically when possible. She and they have pulled through twice thus far.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Go see Ford vs Ferrari. Its REALLY good. GO!
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:39 pm Thanks guys. Wednesday was rough. Things feel better/more hopeful now. Just have to wait on the test results, trust her team, and accept that there’s nothing I can do except be there for her emotionally and physically when possible. She and they have pulled through twice thus far.
Fingers and toes crossed, bro.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wap

:fuckyeah:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:42 pm Just realized I have worked the last 19 days straight. Woof.
:disgust:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:52 pm
wap wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:49 pm

:disgust:
International traveling for work suuuckkksssss
Where were/are you?
wap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:08 pm
wap wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:05 pm

Where were/are you?
Home now, I was in India and Nepal for two weeks doe.
Ah, your (annual?) India trip. Still smell over there?
wap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:33 pm
wap wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:31 pm

Yeah, bi annual but Nepal is a mess so I'll probably go three times in 2020.

I love India, just hate being away.
Bummer.
So, is Nepalese food similar to India's, or different?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

wap wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:31 pm

Remind me to get you some documents to match mine in case I'm asked to go to India. I have zero desire to go there and my employees there only talk about wanting to leave.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:03 pm

Remind me to get you some documents to match mine in case I'm asked to go to India. I have zero desire to go there and my employees there only talk about wanting to leave.
:wrong: it’s a magical fairytale.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:42 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:03 pm

I'd guess you guys operate in similar areas as us. The developed spots are pretty much like being in the states with more dust, smells, traffic, and people. The less developed spots... Different story.
Probably. Bangalore, Pune and Hyderabad are where I have people.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I lost my best friend last night. She didn't die but she decided I should have no part in her life anymore. I spoke to her every day for the last four and a half years of my life and I've spent thousands of dollars just to be with her for a couple weeks at a time once a year or so. I don't wish to get into details but I'm pretty disgusted in myself and hope she forgets my existence entirely.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Reflecting on lolz over weekend. I was told, by a boomer, that trump will win the 2020 because he now has the black vote. I asked for stats, he claimed talk radio. I said thats just a bunch of right wing propaganda just as bad as the left media mess.

A boomer.. then told be "you need to get woke"....

:lolol: I laughed so hard.

OK BOOMER.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:01 am I lost my best friend last night. She didn't die but she decided I should have no part in her life anymore. I spoke to her every day for the last four and a half years of my life and I've spent thousands of dollars just to be with her for a couple weeks at a time once a year or so. I don't wish to get into details but I'm pretty disgusted in myself and hope she forgets my existence entirely.
Damn Cale, that sucks dude. :sad:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:07 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:01 am I lost my best friend last night. She didn't die but she decided I should have no part in her life anymore. I spoke to her every day for the last four and a half years of my life and I've spent thousands of dollars just to be with her for a couple weeks at a time once a year or so. I don't wish to get into details but I'm pretty disgusted in myself and hope she forgets my existence entirely.
The worst part is I've wasted 4.5 prime years of her life. I had full intentions to marry her but there were things I had to get sorted in my life first, and she was on board as well then in one night I throw it all away. I've met her friends, and her family who were even starting to be ok with her marrying a white guy (she's full 100% Arab) and I'm just completely humiliated for the both of us.
wap

:wat:
I don't completely understand this post, but I'm sorry for your obviously painful loss.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:22 am
Apex wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:07 am

The worst part is I've wasted 4.5 prime years of her life. I had full intentions to marry her but there were things I had to get sorted in my life first, and she was on board as well then in one night I throw it all away. I've met her friends, and her family who were even starting to be ok with her marrying a white guy (she's full 100% Arab) and I'm just completely humiliated for the both of us.
Sorry to hear that buddy. We’re here if you want to let it out. Or feel free to chat about it in DM if you want.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:38 am
:wat:
I don't completely understand this post, but I'm sorry for your obviously painful loss.
Cliffs:. My best friend who I wanted to marry no longer wants me in any part of her life. Not looking for sympathy or anything just using dfd as an outlet.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Grabbing a sausage cheese and jalapeño kolache from the local donut shop on the way into work. :jimp:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:48 am Grabbing a sausage cheese and jalapeño kolache from the local donut shop on the way into work. :jimp:
Buccees?