OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Apex wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:31 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:44 pm :jesus: paid me a visit while I was :drunk: today. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

ImageImage
Do they provide the wives, or is there a selection you get to choose from?
:lol: I think you use the build a wife tool at www drink the : koolaid: dot com

Fun Fact: I lived with a multitude of Mormon Missionaries at a rooming house in Kensington MD in the mid 80s.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

troyguitar wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:44 pm :jesus: paid me a visit while I was :drunk: today. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

ImageImage

Join me with the Church of Satan. Offer them some Satan's After School Coloring Books and see what they think of our 7 tenets of Satanism.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:19 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:08 am Yo admins!

Should we change the title to PSL's and Powerpoints

OR

Requirement: Powerpoints
I’m going to need a power point explaining why you need this, on my desk in 20 mins :mahman:
:lolgasm:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:36 pm Anyone goin see Joker tonight? We getting tickets for a later feature.
i got a hinge date with juan, lets see :lol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

dubshow wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:02 pm
4zilch wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:34 am

.ppt is good for delivering/presenting material. It certainly gets overused in Corp life though.

Most people 1) don’t know how to make an effective ppt. And 2) don’t know how to effectively present
No no no. I'm gonna go ahead and let you continue reading each piece of text you put on your slide. Because the audience can't read.
:dat:

That’s the bullshit I’m talking about.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

4zilch wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:14 am
dubshow wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:02 pm

No no no. I'm gonna go ahead and let you continue reading each piece of text you put on your slide. Because the audience can't read.
:dat:

That’s the bullshit I’m talking about.
Drives me :rage:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

All my boss talks about is making slides. I'm given directives to make "hundreds of slides" to start working from to distill into a "final deck".

I'm judged by how many slides I can crank out in a day and how good they look. Content isn't relevant, I'm instructed to use placeholders for data I don't have.

I came in to a frantic phone call this morning that I had to send a selection of slides to some people that don't matter, then go present to them. Went there, dialed my boss in, and he did all the talking while I sat there and stared out the window. At the end, he instructed me that I have "nothing less than 30-50 new slides" to share with him by the end of the day, with progress check-in at 3pm "wherever I'm at".

I'm seriously debating walking out and never coming back...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

now I owe my yaris just over a grand to finally pay it off!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:24 pm All my boss talks about is making slides. I'm given directives to make "hundreds of slides" to start working from to distill into a "final deck".

I'm judged by how many slides I can crank out in a day and how good they look. Content isn't relevant, I'm instructed to use placeholders for data I don't have.

I came in to a frantic phone call this morning that I had to send a selection of slides to some people that don't matter, then go present to them. Went there, dialed my boss in, and he did all the talking while I sat there and stared out the window. At the end, he instructed me that I have "nothing less than 30-50 new slides" to share with him by the end of the day, with progress check-in at 3pm "wherever I'm at".

:(

America has an overtraining problem
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:32 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:24 pm All my boss talks about is making slides. I'm given directives to make "hundreds of slides" to start working from to distill into a "final deck".

:(

America has an overtraining problem
:rolleyes:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

:wtf: did you get into here? Starting to sound like Chevy was a good place.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:41 pm

Chevy was crippled by bureaucracy, FCA is the exact opposite. There's no structure for how anything is done, so upper management can't give any sort of direction to work toward. Plus a revolving door of executive management had meant 2 changes in product and brand direction in the 6 months I've been here.

I'm convinced the auto industry is in a death spiral around the toilet drain. It's a shit show everywhere.

It's actually made me start considering that corporations have a finite lifespan, and it's probably about a century. Too much legacy crap colliding with new way thinking destroys a company's ability to function. Chrysler has been through bankruptcy twice in it's lifetime...GM once. Ford is just lucky. What 100 year old company is still around and thriving?
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:41 pm :wtf: did you get into here? Starting to sound like Chevy was a good place.
Chevy was crippled by bureaucracy, FCA is the exact opposite. There's no structure for how anything is done, so upper management can't give any sort of direction to work toward. Plus a revolving door of executive management had meant 2 changes in product and brand direction in the 6 months I've been here.

I'm convinced the auto industry is in a death spiral around the toilet drain. It's a shit show everywhere.

It's actually made me start considering that corporations have a finite lifespan, and it's probably about a century. Too much legacy crap colliding with new way thinking destroys a company's ability to function. Chrysler has been through bankruptcy twice in it's lifetime...GM once. Ford is just lucky. What 100 year old company is still around and thriving?
Guinness since 1759.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:54 pm

I think it's a bit of a greed issue... "grow, grow, grow, grow, grow" and eventually things spiral out of control.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:01 pm
Detroit wrote: Chevy was crippled by bureaucracy, FCA is the exact opposite. There's no structure for how anything is done, so upper management can't give any sort of direction to work toward. Plus a revolving door of executive management had meant 2 changes in product and brand direction in the 6 months I've been here.

Guinness since 1759.
:mahman:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:05 pm

I think it's a bit of a greed issue... "grow, grow, grow, grow, grow" and eventually things spiral out of control.
The auto industry is worse because of how capital intensive operations are. So you've got grow, grow, grow, grow, grow, AND cut costs and spend no money to do it.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

So, how are the powerpoints looking? Remember, 30-50 slides!

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Devils advocate here:

Yes PowerPoints are menial but didn’t you want to have a job you don’t give a fuck about so you can just go home and worry about what you do?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:11 pm So, how are the powerpoints looking? Remember, 30-50 slides!

So many :dong: going in as “placeholders”
razr390

Placeholders should all be full size DFD ‘moji gifs

BUDGET PROPOSAL TO DATE:
:fshitup:

CONSUMER RATING ON JEEP TRUCK
:pout: :rage:

OUTLOOK AND BUDGET FOR FY 2020
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

ExxonMobil

razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:11 pm Devils advocate here:

Yes PowerPoints are menial but didn’t you want to have a job you don’t give a fuck about so you can just go home and worry about what you do?
People like to feel useful at their job
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Chevy was crippled by bureaucracy, FCA is the exact opposite. There's no structure for how anything is done, so upper management can't give any sort of direction to work toward. Plus a revolving door of executive management had meant 2 changes in product and brand direction in the 6 months I've been here.

Guinness since 1759.
:bravo:

interesting history for sure.
Before 1939, if a Guinness brewer wished to marry a Catholic, his resignation was requested.[15] According to Thomas Molloy, writing in the Irish Independent, "It had no qualms about selling drink to Catholics but it did everything it could to avoid employing them until the 1960s."[16]
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:11 pm So, how are the powerpoints looking? Remember, 30-50 slides!

Haven't done any, I think I'm hoping I get fired for it. When asked in an interview why I got fired, replying with "I didn't want to make 30-50 worthless powerpoint slides in 4 hours" should be a good ice breaker.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Guinness since 1759.
:fuckyeah:

Also :notwrong:

Also, Lloyd's of London since 1686 :mindblown:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:16 pm

ExxonMobil

razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:11 pm Devils advocate here:

People like to feel useful at their job
ExxonMobil hasn't had to innovate product in the entire time it's been in business. Sure, refinement improvements or whatever, but for the most part, petroleum products are mostly unchanged. But good point.

I want to have a job where IDGAF about anything. In this one, I care too much about the products I'm working on. If I were working on a refrigerator or something, it would be WAY easier to :aintcare: