OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

I’m making burgers tonight. Probably on my cast iron grill pan since it’s still rainy.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:07 pm
wap wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:03 pm

:themoreyouknow:
I wasn’t doubting your expertise in etymology. :lol:
:zing:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:25 pm I like burgers better on a cast iron than an open flame grill most of the time.

:triggered:
:notwrong:

BUT. the smoke man. It why I like grilling outside. No smoke smell inside.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

dubshow wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:52 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:25 pm I like burgers better on a cast iron than an open flame grill most of the time.

:triggered:

Blackstone griddle. It's the best.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:07 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:52 pm

Blackstone griddle. It's the best.
Or just set your cast iron on your grill...
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So, I've lost 14 pounds since Friday night. Super weight cutting going on.

Seriously :doe:

Went to the ER on Friday afternoon after urgent care sent me over. The cold I had turned into something much more serious.

My BP was 185/130 and my resting heart rate was 140. The cough was from fluid in my lungs. Fuck me, congestive heart failure, AFib and possibly diabetes. Still in the hospital and seeing a cardiologist about getting out of AFib. I was clear yesterday with a normal rate of 75ish, but the switch from IV drip to oral meds didn't go well.

Totally sucks, but the hospital is nice and the nurses are great. Hopefully I go home in a day or two.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:13 pm So, I've lost 14 pounds since Friday night. Super weight cutting going on.

Went to the ER on Friday afternoon after urgent care sent me over. The cold I had turned into something much more serious.

My BP was 185/130 and my resting heart rate was 140. The cough was from fluid in my lungs. Fuck me, congestive heart failure, AFib and possibly diabetes. Still in the hospital and seeing a cardiologist about getting out of AFib. I was clear yesterday with a normal rate of 75ish, but the switch from IV drip to oral meds didn't go well.

Totally sucks, but the hospital is nice and the nurses are great. Hopefully I go home in a day or two.
Holy hell man! Hope everything keeps going in the right direction and you can get back to normal soon!
wap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:13 pm So, I've lost 14 pounds since Friday night. Super weight cutting going on.

Holy shit, dude.

Those numbers are terribad. Might be time to slow down your :fullretard: work schedule and actually get a sane amount of daily sleep/rest.

Take care of yourself.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:17 pm

Holy shit, dude.

Those numbers are terribad. Might be time to slow down your :fullretard: work schedule and actually get a sane amount of daily sleep/rest.

Take care of yourself.
Thanks guys.

Yes the agenda items will include the possibility of just retiring now if I can't come to a good agreement for hours with my EVP.
wap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:36 pm

Holy shit, dude.

Take care of yourself.
Thanks guys.

Yes the agenda items will include the possibility of just retiring now if I can't come to a good agreement for hours with my EVP.
Good luck with that conversation.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:ohdang:

Dude, hope you get better fast!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:36 pm

Holy shit, dude.

Take care of yourself.
Thanks guys.

Good luck!
SAWCE

Woah. Man, glad you’re not in worse shape, but hope things turn around for you quick and there’s no major underlying cause other than the aforementioned stress/lack of sleep.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

oh dang dude.... CHF, afib, and diabetes is a triple threat, take care of yourself!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Hey man, take care of yourself, and let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

That's a very serious diagnosis it seems. So, please keep us posted.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Wow. Sorry to hear that. Glad you're doing better
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Damn :waxer: ... glad to hear you're getting treatment and the hospital is doing a good job. Stay strong!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:wtf:.

Dang dude get well soon
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Holy hell man. Sounds terrible, you gotta find better weight loss routines! But seriously, how can those things just come on like that??
SAWCE

I’ll still hold onto my XS Max for a few more years, but :excited: to see what Apple announces today at their reveal.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:21 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:20 am I’ll still hold onto my XS Max for a few more years, but :excited: to see what Apple announces today at their reveal.
More :koolaid:
Diving in head first
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

CorvetteWaxer wrote:So, I've lost 14 pounds since Friday night. Super weight cutting going on.

Sucks, but in a way better to find out this way than a heart attack. What stage is the CHF?

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:20 am I’ll still hold onto my XS Max for a few more years, but :excited: to see what Apple announces today at their reveal.
I'm happy with my XR and thinking of keeping it atleast 2.5 years. Plus I have 200 gigs of memory left and battery max capacity is only 98%
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Calvinball wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:57 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote:So, I've lost 14 pounds since Friday night. Super weight cutting going on.

Sucks, but in a way better to find out this way than a heart attack. What stage is the CHF?

Sent from the Beer Depository
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.

I'm not certain of the stage of CHF, my wife might remember what was said more than I do, I have had a lot of things running through my mind 24/7 since coming in.

My cardiologist seems to not be too worried about it and says that if I follow his instruction everything can be pretty much reverted with time and effort. They have medicated me and stabilized my BP and my blood sugar, but my heart rate is still high and I am still in afib. He thinks he will release me when my rate is under control (currently easily spikes up to 140 bpm), and I may need to get Cardiac ablation procedure using catheters to correct the afib....... yea... ;)
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:49 am

Holy hell man. Sounds terrible, you gotta find better weight loss routines! But seriously, how can those things just come on like that??
Some of it is genetic. AFTER this happened I started hearing about family members that had issues that I was never aware of.. :wtf:

I did quite a bit of lose, gain, lose, gain swings in my weight which I know are not good for me and are another issue adding stress to my system.