I'm thinking of a place that....

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:17 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:09 pm

Some of us love the cold? Real cold, like lower 20s.
Lisa hates the cold
My Mrs loves the cold. Go figure.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:14 pm By the way, none of this is a knock on Charlotte. It's one of the few places on our very short list we would go to
:word: I don’t love the cold but can understand a desire for a real four seasons. We have like winter lite here which is perfect for me, I like my winter like I like my beer.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:18 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:17 pm

Lisa hates the cold
Well that's answers that then hahah
Yeah she can tolerate it but things need to thaw early. Sadly I think flagstaff is out because of that.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Virginia Highlands neighborhood in Atlanta was where I was planning on moving before we decided to move to Michigan.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/worlds-cooles ... nd-4115323
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:54 pm
haleyann wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:29 pm Depends on your definition of warm.... but the rest of your priorities are easily found in the northwest. Portland metro, Seattle metro, Spokane, Salem, Bend all have those things. Walkability depends on which neighborhood, but there’s never a shortage of outdoor adventures, bike and coffee cultures are huge here, and the bigger cities like I listed are more politically diverse than the rest of the states. The eastern cities (Spokane and Bend) have less rain year round but more snow in the winter.
I love the PNW. Friends have said it’s really dreary and cold outside the summer months. I’ll put those towns on the list thanks Haley.
If you can find a way to make money in Bend, that is the winning hand there. High desert, snow but sun. Good skiing. Seattle has become insanely expensive and the traffic is a disaster.....it was bad before but Amazon has made it worse. Salem is pretty podunk. I like Portland but man is it cloudy/rainy a lot, as is Seattle Spokane is right next to Northern Idaho. The Trump meter is strong there.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:41 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:54 pm

I love the PNW. Friends have said it’s really dreary and cold outside the summer months. I’ll put those towns on the list thanks Haley.
If you can find a way to make money in Bend, that is the winning hand there. High desert, snow but sun. Good skiing. Seattle has become insanely expensive and the traffic is a disaster.....it was bad before but Amazon has made it worse. Salem is pretty podunk. I like Portland but man is it cloudy/rainy a lot, as is Seattle Spokane is right next to Northern Idaho. The Trump meter is strong there.
Bend sounds awesome. 300 miles of MTB trails and summertime lows in the 40s? :shock: :fuckyeah:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:51 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:41 pm

Bend sounds awesome. 300 miles of MTB trails and summertime lows in the 40s? :shock: :fuckyeah:
:disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Louisville.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:34 pm Looking for a place to live and work with the following qualities in order of importance:

1) Cold is OK but warm by March or April

2) Outdoor or cycling culture

3) Close to outdoor activities

4) Walkable

5) Close to nature

6) Good food and restaurants

7) Has a town center or downtown area

8) House doesn't have a huge amount of land (can probably find this anywhere though)

9) Not completely in Trump land. Mix of dem/rep preferred.

10) Good coffee shop(s)

You guys have any recommendations that hit most/all of those? Or even just the top 5?
This is an exercise in the book I'm reading about career changing.
Didn’t read the rest of the responses, but Denver, Seattle, and Portland all come to mind and are all on my list.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Chernobyl looks like it might have some quality out-door activities.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:27 pmLouisville.
Kentucky?

:notsure:

:mahtroy:
Louisville is the only OK place in KY. Pittsburgh is better :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:54 pm
[user not found] wrote:
Kentucky?

Louisville should be a tad warmer and less wintery. Plus, lots of industry, history, and variety. I love that city so much.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:54 pm
[user not found] wrote:
Kentucky?

Trump, tho?
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:54 pm Louisville is the only OK place in KY. Pittsburgh is better :doe:
Trump, tho?
Louisville is blurple. Go 5 miles outside of the city and it's :thankstrump: :doe:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

What about Colorado? Its the new mecca. House pricing will likely be what you are used to tho. Could be a "baragain" in your ideas :doe:

boulder/Denver area.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:35 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Trump, tho?
Louisville is blurple. Go 5 miles outside of the city and it's :thankstrump: :doe:
Seems manageable.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

troyguitar wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:58 am Sure you can take off the snow tires but you still aren't going to be enjoying being outside in April. They stupidly schedule autox events there at that time and it's almost always 40-some degrees and raining, maybe 60 for an hour in the afternoon if you're lucky... people show up anyway because it's been 6 months since they got to drive.

Compare that to the March events in Charlotte where it's sunny and 60s, maybe even 70 for a high. Both places are 90 and humid in the summer too, you just get a 50% longer season in NC at no extra cost.

After living in KY I don't understand why anyone lives in the North. :iono:
call me crazy, but I do sweat pretty easily and hate the summers in the mid atlantic, which is mainly humid. So lower 20s is actually :notbad: for me
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:42 pm What about Colorado? Its the new mecca. House pricing will likely be what you are used to tho. Could be a "baragain" in your ideas :doe:

boulder/Denver area.
I'd love to live there. Lisa doesn't want perpetual cold. I'll have to look into it more but our friends out there say there is a ton of snow.
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:44 pm

call me crazy, but I do sweat pretty easily and hate the summers in the mid atlantic, which is mainly humid. So lower 20s is actually :notbad: for me
All swamp climates are out. Problem is, KY and TN tend to be swamps in the summer, just like DC and Philly area.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:49 pm

All swamp climates are out. Problem is, KY and TN tend to be swamps in the summer, just like DC and Philly area.
:wrong:
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:00 pm

:aintcare: as soon as it goes over 80 with humidity I'm done. Arid I enjoy 80, and can tolerate mid 90s. I hate being sweaty.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:48 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:42 pm What about Colorado? Its the new mecca. House pricing will likely be what you are used to tho. Could be a "baragain" in your ideas :doe:

boulder/Denver area.
I'd love to live there. Lisa doesn't want perpetual cold. I'll have to look into it more but our friends out there say there is a ton of snow.
Hardly perpetual cold. And certainly a better climate that Philadelphia.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

:dat: and with flooding :yikes:
Arlington got fucked last week with flooding too, and the worst part is Arlington County is :aintcare: with Emergency Management.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Portland, Maine.

Worth looking at I’d say. Probably not as warm as you’d like by March, but ticks a lot of boxes.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:06 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:00 pm

:aintcare: as soon as it goes over 80 with humidity I'm done. Arid I enjoy 80, and can tolerate mid 90s. I hate being sweaty.
#metoo. It can be swampy but honestly thats going to be anywhere in north america thats not the rocky mountains.
brain go brrrrrr