Cell phone / wireless discussion & deals

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:06 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:04 pm

ah i see. 145 then, but I'd still need a new phone. for about the same price the wife and i can rock three lines, roll with brand new iphone xr's, and recoup some of the 260 fucking dollars i just spent to pay off her phone by selling it.

My fucking dad is never going to let me live this down with the iphone thing.
What do you need 3 lines for?

$100/mo for real unlimited and all that really is :notbad:
I dont; but its the same price as 2 and i can get an extra sim card for my old android phone, why not?
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

oh, and we can get hulu with sprint
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:06 pm
What do you need 3 lines for?

$100/mo for real unlimited and all that really is :notbad:
I dont; but its the same price as 2 and i can get an extra sim card for my old android phone, why not?
:notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The woman and I went in to the AT&T store about a year ago to switch our individual lines to a single business plan. We walked in at 10 a.m. and left at like 4:30. I still have PTSD from it. I honestly believe these bastards make the process so fucking insane that you will never think about switching again. The thought of losing another Saturday to a wireless carrier is about as appealing as 40 barium enemas.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:16 pm The woman and I went in to the AT&T store about a year ago to switch our individual lines to a single business plan. We walked in at 10 a.m. and left at like 4:30. I still have PTSD from it. I honestly believe these bastards make the process so fucking insane that you will never think about switching again. The thought of losing another Saturday to a wireless carrier is about as appealing as 40 barium enemas.
:notwrong:

This is also why i have not done it, or even bitched at at&t much.

Hopefully the lure of a customer switching carriers will make the experience at sprint / t mobile less painful.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:03 pm Buy used. Mine was $150.
:sass:
:butwhy:

I use the stupid phone a lot. It works fine. There's no need to blow fat stacks on these things.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:00 pm Looking to move wireless service providers. AT&T is just not cutting it.

So, who you use? Know of any :dill: s out there?

Wife lives iPhone 8 life, i have a paid off one plus 2 that is on its last dying breath. we owe 250 on the iphone 8.

I want an unlimited plan.

I NEED wifi calling.
Work phone is Verizon iphone. It works well. Coverage was surprisingly good out west. Data is usually pretty fast, there's no speed difference between it and Lisa's AT&T iphone.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I have no problem spending good money on something I'll use for hours every single day. Buy what you think works best for you.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:29 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
:sass:

I use the stupid phone a lot. It works fine. There's no need to blow fat stacks on these things.

my one plus 2 is just being shitty. No more oneplus products for me

sprint hides the little diddy on thier site...
Get Unlimited talk, text, and data for just $25/mo/line when you bring the phone you love OR buy a new one outright.

Get Unlimited talk, text, and data for an amazing price of $25/mo. on a network built for Unlimited. Stop paying more and save with Sprint on our Unlimited Kickstart plan.
So if we bring the wifes phone...and i buy a pixel 3a out right (or continue to suffer through my POS) we can upgrade to unlimited for ~60 a month for 2 lines all in?
sign. me. the. fuck. up.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:31 pm

Get Unlimited talk, text, and data for just $25/mo/line when you bring the phone you love OR buy a new one outright.

Get Unlimited talk, text, and data for an amazing price of $25/mo. on a network built for Unlimited. Stop paying more and save with Sprint on our Unlimited Kickstart plan.
So if we bring the wifes phone...and i buy a pixel 3a out right (or continue to suffer through my POS) we can upgrade to unlimited for ~60 a month for 2 lines all in?
sign. me. the. fuck. up.
Dang. If that’s real I may switch to sprint too. I’m paying $95 a month right now for unlimited data from AT&T with like 450 minutes for calls.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I am on my parents' Verizon plan and we just got upgraded to free unlimited when my mom called to ask what the next tier of data is because my dad is midlife crisis facebooking our data away.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:16 pm The woman and I went in to the AT&T store about a year ago to switch our individual lines to a single business plan. We walked in at 10 a.m. and left at like 4:30. I still have PTSD from it. I honestly believe these bastards make the process so fucking insane that you will never think about switching again. The thought of losing another Saturday to a wireless carrier is about as appealing as 40 barium enemas.
Another huge reason I like Google Fi. Everything is done online and ridiculously painless.

I'll be curious to see what happens in 2 years to these rates after they have you as a customer. It's just like cable :bs: you get a good rate to start, then the fuck you later.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

The sprint 25 dollar deal is real. Im going in a few minutes to switch over.

100 off a pixel 3a & 25/line/month for unlimited? Yus plz.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:33 pm The sprint 25 dollar deal is real. Im going in a few minutes to switch over.

100 off a pixel 3a & 25/line/month for unlimited? Yus plz.
I saw that the other day and though if you and my wallet. I need to check their coverage out here and then I may make the switch.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Well as usuall it was a fuckign disaster to try and do this.

1st store didn't have phone.
had to go to best buy. They fumbled through the setup for an hour and a half. But I'm signed up and got the 3a for 330 with tax.

BUT

We could not get the wife signed up, because they couldn't port over her phone because of att & apple :rage: Fuck apple computer.

THe 3a is fucking :nice: so far. And Sprint service is fast and seamless so far.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:59 am Well as usuall it was a fuckign disaster to try and do this.

1st store didn't have phone.
had to go to best buy. They fumbled through the setup for an hour and a half. But I'm signed up and got the 3a for 330 with tax.

BUT

We could not get the wife signed up, because they couldn't port over her phone because of att & apple :rage: Fuck apple computer.

THe 3a is fucking :nice: so far. And Sprint service is fast and seamless so far.

Dude, I've NEVER had a place actually be able to port over my shit. I go in prepared to accept the fail. And it never fails, to always fail me.
ChrisoftheNorth

So $25/mo/line unlimited is real? What happens in 2 years or whatever the contract period is?

that's a legit value right there. Fi is on Sprint most of the time anyway, I could probably bring our Pixel 3a's right over.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:03 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:fucking phones. I swore that I'd never do payment plans again too. but they are just too fucking expensive. Oh well a 800 doll ahir phone for half off is not a bad :dill:
Buy used. Mine was $150.
I remember when one of my iphones costed close to $150, and it was, wait for it... iPhone 3g from 2009 :lolol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:31 pm

sign. me. the. fuck. up.
whoa $25/mo? jesus thats cheap. My at&t international plan is $10/day, :notsure: if relevant but I wonder if its significantly cheaper with sprint.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Fuck me running what a disaster. Breh said it best...no one switches because of the huge pain in the ass.

Another trip today failed to activate the phone, apparently it was not compatible with 3g cdma, and they will not just let us roll with 4g only.

So we 'had' to get another fucking phone for the wife. Got a fully unlocked all network compatible phone from the fucking Apple store in cash. With the trade of her 8 in the iPhone xr was 576 with tax which is a not terrible deal as they go.

Well it's done. Bill should be about 60-65 a month.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:15 pm Fuck me running what a disaster. Breh said it best...no one switches because of the huge pain in the ass.

Another trip today failed to activate the phone, apparently it was not compatible with 3g cdma, and they will not just let us roll with 4g only.

So we 'had' to get another fucking phone for the wife. Got a fully unlocked all network compatible phone from the fucking Apple store in cash. With the trade of her 8 in the iPhone xr was 576 with tax which is a not terrible deal as they go.

Well it's done. Bill should be about 60-65 a month.
That is seriously :notbad:
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

I recently got myself the OnePlus 7 Pro, switched over from iPhone. The phone itself is gorgeous I got it in nebula blue, and the display is insanely awesome. However, its still running on android, and its kinda glitchy. Maybe because I got too used to use my iPhone I have to get fully used to android. They boasted about the three camera set up with a 48 megapixel main camera. Not as good as my iPhone 7 plus though, they have lots of work to still do in their camera dept.

In terms of service, I used to love T-Mobile. It was inexpensive, and anytime I had an issue I always got excellent service. Now their towers are so congested at times my phone loses signal and or data. When I go to call Tmo, now I get an overseas call center. I had to complain over and over again because I wasn't getting signal at my own home. They wanted me to pay for the signal booster, I told them no. Back and forth they finally sent me their home signal booster, service is a bit better but still annoying. I know T-Mobile does "test drives" where they send you an iPhone and two weeks to try the service, might be something to look into if any of you are looking to try a new carrier.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:55 pm
09vdubgti wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:01 am I recently got myself the OnePlus 7 Pro, switched over from iPhone. The phone itself is gorgeous I got it in nebula blue, and the display is insanely awesome. However, its still running on android, and its kinda glitchy. Maybe because I got too used to use my iPhone I have to get fully used to android. They boasted about the three camera set up with a 48 megapixel main camera. Not as good as my iPhone 7 plus though, they have lots of work to still do in their camera dept.

In terms of service, I used to love T-Mobile. It was inexpensive, and anytime I had an issue I always got excellent service. Now their towers are so congested at times my phone loses signal and or data. When I go to call Tmo, now I get an overseas call center. I had to complain over and over again because I wasn't getting signal at my own home. They wanted me to pay for the signal booster, I told them no. Back and forth they finally sent me their home signal booster, service is a bit better but still annoying. I know T-Mobile does "test drives" where they send you an iPhone and two weeks to try the service, might be something to look into if any of you are looking to try a new carrier.
Latest and greatest pixel will always have the best cameras.
:dat:

If you go android, native flagship is THE away to go.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I'm gonna be so sad when I need to get a new phone. I have the Moto Z2 Force (3 year warrantied shatter proof screen). They no longer make this version with the screen warranty. I've dropped this phone on concrete and asphalt hundreds of times and there's not even a chip in the screen let alone a crack of any kind. I LOVE the JBL speaker mod too I keep it on 100% of the time.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

The pixel 3a on Sprint has been money. Also, turn on wifi calling.
brain go brrrrrr