Celtic Angels: Irish's Adventures in Wiping Olde A$$es for Dollhairs

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
User avatar
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 32204
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Mk6Veyron
Location: Pepperland

Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:23 pm

Irish wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:15 pm
troyguitar wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:04 pm
If your people want more hours, isn't it good if some of them leave? You can give more hours to those who remain and everyone wins.
You'd think this would be the case but in practice, it isn't. Mostly because the hours that most clients want overlap. Prime time is Mon Wed Fri 10a-2p followed closely by Tu Thu 10-2.
Anyway losing caregivers is always a losing proposition for me because I lose availability to offer clients. Losing them early, loses me the time and money (background checks and Tuberculosis Screenings) I've spent onboarding them.
Sucks. :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
Irish
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1782
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:37 am
Drives: '12 GIT
Location: Home=Car Town Work=Chocolate Town

Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:07 pm

This is an example how our corporate leads are delivered....

My sweet :wap: sent this one..... :wub:

Image
Detroit wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:15 pm

What do you say to the god of death?

Not today...

User avatar
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 32204
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Mk6Veyron
Location: Pepperland

Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:09 pm

Irish wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:07 pm
This is an example how our corporate leads are delivered....

My sweet :wap: sent this one..... :wub:

Image
:lolol: :wub:
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
D Griff
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 10907
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:49 am
Drives: AARPurple Brub Tub

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:36 am

Man... I do not envy this. Good on you, it sounds like you’ll end up being quite successful and rewarded with this work :doe: :fuckyeah:

User avatar
Irish
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1782
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:37 am
Drives: '12 GIT
Location: Home=Car Town Work=Chocolate Town

Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:16 pm

D Griff wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:36 am
Man... I do not envy this. Good on you, it sounds like you’ll end up being quite successful and rewarded with this work :doe: :fuckyeah:
Thanks mang.... yeah its challenging, but the occasional warm and fuzzies are very real.....
Detroit wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:15 pm

What do you say to the god of death?

Not today...

User avatar
CorvetteWaxer
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 6159
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:35 pm
Drives: nothing
Location: Somewhere else

Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:31 pm

Irish wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:07 pm
This is an example how our corporate leads are delivered....

My sweet :wap: sent this one..... :wub:

Image
I LOL'd that you're in Hershey and on Chocolate Ave.
I'm on my last bag of peas.

User avatar
Irish
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1782
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:37 am
Drives: '12 GIT
Location: Home=Car Town Work=Chocolate Town

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:31 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:31 pm
Irish wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:07 pm
This is an example how our corporate leads are delivered....

My sweet :wap: sent this one..... :wub:

Image
I LOL'd that you're in Hershey and on Chocolate Ave.
Oh yeah...the chocolate motiff in town is a bit bonkers....

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Detroit wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:15 pm

What do you say to the god of death?

Not today...

User avatar
SAWCE
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 14661
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:26 am
Drives: Willys Wheeler

Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:53 pm

Oh wow. Dem Kiss streetlamps.
:sawce:

User avatar
Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:06 pm
Drives: mk7 :gorf:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:47 pm

Sweet.

User avatar
D Griff
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 10907
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:49 am
Drives: AARPurple Brub Tub

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:04 pm

Dat Hersheymobile doe.

User avatar
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 32204
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Mk6Veyron
Location: Pepperland

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:12 pm

Dat beetus city.
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:06 pm
Drives: mk7 :gorf:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:38 pm

wap wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:12 pm
Dat beetus city.
😂

User avatar
Desertbreh
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 8271
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:04 pm

wap wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:12 pm
Dat beetus city.
:dat:
max225 wrote: You can't "hoon" a pos like that. You can however set up a methlab.

User avatar
Irish
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1782
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:37 am
Drives: '12 GIT
Location: Home=Car Town Work=Chocolate Town

Fri May 03, 2019 5:24 pm

I wish we had the old multiquote ability...... anyway, sorry I missed these

SAWCE wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:53 pm
Oh wow. Dem Kiss streetlamps.
Yeah they are :neat: .... Growing up my family and I bounced between NE NJ and CentPA a lot for vacations and what not......one year we stopped in Hershey and took the factory tour back before Hershey Park was built and before the tour became :bs: ..... I was wowed by those street lamps as a tyke, and now I see them everyday....
Tarspin wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:47 pm
Sweet.
:iswydt:

D Griff wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:04 pm
Dat Hersheymobile doe.
Yeah its :neat:
wap wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:12 pm
Dat beetus city.
:lol: yeah.... Milton Hershey could give two fuqs bout :dat:
Detroit wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:15 pm

What do you say to the god of death?

Not today...

User avatar
Irish
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1782
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:37 am
Drives: '12 GIT
Location: Home=Car Town Work=Chocolate Town

Fri May 03, 2019 6:19 pm

SO I eventually want to tell some in depth war stories (mostly relative to bad hires) but the most recent hire is top of mind and driving me batshit.

I have always had a subset of employees who act as if I work for them rather than the other way around.

Borderline disrespectful, telling me what they will do instead of asking me what I want them to do, etc.

Some of this is because of the previously mentioned high demand for their skill set (i.e. they are sought after and they know it) and some of it is just poor upbringing IMO. These people will never rise above $10/hour jobs because they are myopic when it comes to how an employee fits into the framework of a company. They believe that they are the only caregiver that I have (when in reality I have 19) and they act accordingly. I long for the day when I can afford to hire someone to whom I can delegate caregiver supervision and scheduling. But I'm not there yet.

This latest cg has turned out to be pretty lazy. She is easily bored and wants to have carte blanche to mess with her phone during downtime (which is :rage: inducing because I specifically harp on our policy against it during orientation). She has asked clients if she can leave early. She has broken policy by sharing inappropriate personal stories about her baby daddy (not anything too racy, though I do have a story about one dude that said some hair curling stuff to one of my devout christian clients.) And recently she has taken to pretty much ignoring my texts until she is good and ready to answer. There is more, but I think you get the picture.

I know what you will say...... :wtf: just FIRE HER. And boy, I would really like to.......but I can't just yet. Why? Because I need her. I am stretched so thin with caregivers right now that I just have to ride this bish out for another week or so. That feeling of being between a rock and a hard place is my least favorite part of this business. Caregivers like her have no fear of being fired because they know there is another agency around the corner that will hire them in a New York minute. Meanwhile, I have other caregivers taking vacations during the next few weeks and I have to keep this POW/POS on until they get back. She is just not up to my standards but the alternative is completely letting down some of my clients and possibly losing them.

Long term, I know my dealings with her are just another cog in the gears of the learning curve for me.....but at the moment it sucks being subject to her whims.

/rant
Detroit wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:15 pm

What do you say to the god of death?

Not today...

User avatar
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 32204
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Mk6Veyron
Location: Pepperland

Fri May 03, 2019 10:42 pm

Irish wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:19 pm
SO I eventually want to tell some in depth war stories (mostly relative to bad hires) but the most recent hire is top of mind and driving me batshit.

I have always had a subset of employees who act as if I work for them rather than the other way around.

Borderline disrespectful, telling me what they will do instead of asking me what I want them to do, etc.

Some of this is because of the previously mentioned high demand for their skill set (i.e. they are sought after and they know it) and some of it is just poor upbringing IMO. These people will never rise above $10/hour jobs because they are myopic when it comes to how an employee fits into the framework of a company. They believe that they are the only caregiver that I have (when in reality I have 19) and they act accordingly. I long for the day when I can afford to hire someone to whom I can delegate caregiver supervision and scheduling. But I'm not there yet.

This latest cg has turned out to be pretty lazy. She is easily bored and wants to have carte blanche to mess with her phone during downtime (which is :rage: inducing because I specifically harp on our policy against it during orientation). She has asked clients if she can leave early. She has broken policy by sharing inappropriate personal stories about her baby daddy (not anything too racy, though I do have a story about one dude that said some hair curling stuff to one of my devout christian clients.) And recently she has taken to pretty much ignoring my texts until she is good and ready to answer. There is more, but I think you get the picture.

I know what you will say...... :wtf: just FIRE HER. And boy, I would really like to.......but I can't just yet. Why? Because I need her. I am stretched so thin with caregivers right now that I just have to ride this bish out for another week or so. That feeling of being between a rock and a hard place is my least favorite part of this business. Caregivers like her have no fear of being fired because they know there is another agency around the corner that will hire them in a New York minute. Meanwhile, I have other caregivers taking vacations during the next few weeks and I have to keep this POW/POS on until they get back. She is just not up to my standards but the alternative is completely letting down some of my clients and possibly losing them.

Long term, I know my dealings with her are just another cog in the gears of the learning curve for me.....but at the moment it sucks being subject to her whims.

/rant
The bolded is sadly true. :( :rage: Sorry you're going through this, but it'll get better, bro.
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
Irish
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1782
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:37 am
Drives: '12 GIT
Location: Home=Car Town Work=Chocolate Town

Fri May 03, 2019 11:05 pm

Thanks for the support, Wap. First world problems, I know, but bothersome nonetheless......
Detroit wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:15 pm

What do you say to the god of death?

Not today...

User avatar
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1190
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:02 pm
Drives: 2018 Forester XT "Franklin"

Tue May 07, 2019 9:13 pm

I had no idea you were doing this, you're awesome! I've met a few patients out here who have nothing but good things to say about their Visiting Angels caregivers.

User avatar
Irish
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1782
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:37 am
Drives: '12 GIT
Location: Home=Car Town Work=Chocolate Town

Wed May 08, 2019 10:36 am

haleyann wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:13 pm
I had no idea you were doing this, you're awesome! I've met a few patients out here who have nothing but good things to say about their Visiting Angels caregivers.
:wub: Thanks Haley!
Detroit wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:15 pm

What do you say to the god of death?

Not today...

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests