Celtic Angels: Gettin' Up In Irish's Bidness

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Irish wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:55 am Sad to say but I have decided to hang it up. The decision didn't come lightly, but it is next to impossible to woo caregivers into working right now and a number of clients passed away all within weeks of one another.

I don't have it in me to start over and work 80 hour weeks again. I am sandwiched between elderly, sick clients along with their highly emotional families and a work force that is spoiled, sensitive and mostly insubordinate.

On call 24/7 for 5 years straight to make next to zero money..... :nope:

Time to hang up the diaper rash cream and find something less people intensive to do with my life....

PS Fappy, do let me know if you would like my left over Depends..... :trollface:
Sorry to hear mang. You gave it a hell of a shot doe.

Fair winds and following seas for the next adventure.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:55 am Sad to say but I have decided to hang it up. The decision didn't come lightly, but it is next to impossible to woo caregivers into working right now and a number of clients passed away all within weeks of one another.

I don't have it in me to start over and work 80 hour weeks again. I am sandwiched between elderly, sick clients along with their highly emotional families and a work force that is spoiled, sensitive and mostly insubordinate.

Time to hang up the diaper rash cream and find something less people intensive to do with my life....

PS Fappy, do let me know if you would like my left over Depends..... :trollface:
Sometimes you gotta know when to fold 'em.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Dang. :(

You'd think this business would be solid with so many fellow :wap: 's and more coming in years to come. But not being able to attract decent employees is a death knell for any business, really. Didn't realize you were at this for 5 years now. That's rather :impressive: .

Best of luck in finding new employment. Any chance of going back to cereal slinging?

And sure, I can use all the Depends I can get. :lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Sorry Irish, but it sounds like you know the business well. Good luck with future endeavors!
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

wap wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:27 pm

You'd think this business would be solid with so many fellow :wap: 's and more coming in years to come. But not being able to attract decent employees is a death knell for any business, really. Didn't realize you were at this for 5 years now. That's rather :impressive: .

Best of luck in finding new employment. Any chance of going back to cereal slinging?

At this point, I will even put them on for you for tuppence.... :hubba:

Seriously :doe: too old and decrepit to go back to what I was doing for Kellogg's..... and frankly really don't want to go back to making others money....and answering to bosses who are likely younger than me at this point..... not ageism, it just shines a light how I haven't achieved my potential...

If I can keep the disaster loan to use on another business, I would like to find something that I can sell from home.... maybe something in the CBD/cannibis realm, or maybe something else..... I don't need alot, just something to keep busy with and make a few bucks.....
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

This! You'd think this is a future gold mine.
Irish

Apex wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:59 am

Sorry to hear mang. You gave it a hell of a shot doe.

Fair winds and following seas for the next adventure.
Thanks mang
Irish

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:15 pm

:dat:

Super competitive business, super stressful, super emotional and its become over saturated with Mom and Pop shops that are thinning the caregiver herd..... Even seasoned Visiting Angels owners are telling me that I got in at the exact wrong moment in time and that they have been struggling for the past 5 years...

We had our record breaking month in March of 2020.....we all know what happened after that... We were finally poised to explode....but instead the world did......
wap

Irish wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:44 pm

At this point, I will even put them on for you for tuppence.... :hubba:

Seriously :doe: too old and decrepit to go back to what I was doing for Kellogg's..... and frankly really don't want to go back to making others money....and answering to bosses who are likely younger than me at this point..... not ageism, it just shines a light how I haven't achieved my potential...

If I can keep the disaster loan to use on another business, I would like to find something that I can sell from home.... maybe something in the CBD/cannibis realm, or maybe something else..... I don't need alot, just something to keep busy with and make a few bucks.....
I'll pay you a lot more than that! :lol:

Good luck finding some sort of employment, :mahman:
wap

Irish wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:50 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:15 pm

:dat:

Super competitive business, super stressful, super emotional and its become over saturated with Mom and Pop shops that are thinning the caregiver herd..... Even seasoned Visiting Angels owners are telling me that I got in at the exact wrong moment in time and that they have been struggling for the past 5 years...

We had our record breaking month in March of 2020.....we all know what happened after that... We were finally poised to explode....but instead the world did......

:rage: :(
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Sorry to hear it man, but hopefully something a bit more relaxed is in your future. It seems like this has been extremely taxing from the beginning. Best of luck finding new employment!

Slinging shit from home isn’t too bad.
Irish

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:19 pm Sorry to hear it man, but hopefully something a bit more relaxed is in your future. It seems like this has been extremely taxing from the beginning. Best of luck finding new employment!

Slinging shit from home isn’t too bad.
Yeah man. thanks. It is both the best and the worst thing I ever did. But ultimately, I had to ask myself whether my health or sanity would survive starting over.
Irish

I have a potential buyer on the line.... hope he bites.

I also got some good news today

Apex
Drives: Abominable

:nice:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Irish wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:40 pm I have a potential buyer on the line.... hope he bites.

I also got some good news today

:fuckyeah: that's gotta be a big relief.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Irish

Buyer got cold feet..... crushed.....
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Irish wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:43 pm Buyer got cold feet..... crushed.....
:rage:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.